Forum › Zutto Futari De discussion

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This is just adorable, I love every chapter of it.
Possible love triangle evolving, lolz! I hope the story stays with romance rather than violence...
There are more chapters coming, right?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think by this point in their relationship, the "kill you and kill myself" thing is already becoming a shared joke more than an actual plan to do it. There's a clear suggestion that the actual bullying is easing off a lot, and the main instigators don't even harbour ill will any longer, so this will probably become something shared only between them as they go on to college and the larger world together.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

neversung posted:

EDIT: the murder-suicide pact may have caught me off-guard lmao

Despite how recently the last chapter was released it was completely unexpected to me with how the rest of the chapter had been going. Made me laugh a lot louder than I intended.

Nevri posted:

In last to translate Nana Yuri, they wonder about how it would feel to die by the hands of your lover.

Who doesn't wonder about that though?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Nevri posted:

In last to translate Nana Yuri, they wonder about how it would feel to die by the hands of your lover.

Who doesn't wonder about that though?

Not me.

Nezchan: It wasn't really a spoiler because that is entire premise of that chapter.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Not me.

What a weirdo.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ah yes, the shopworn Mutual Heartwarming Yandere Declaration. But you have to make it fresh each time. Hibike! Euphonium used the Yandere/Victim Declaration gambit, for instance.

joined Apr 30, 2014

uhh, is this short series called "Pukuyuri" by the author?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

What a nice wrap up. And insight from the tormentors was a good and unexpected touch. I like their resolution to leave the pair in peace. Interesting that the one hurt most has already started a process of dealing with the ones that hurt her even more the the recent offenders have. Some talk like these characters would go completely yandere without each other. I know it wouldn't be easy but I think they are probably both stronger than that. I could be wrong though. XP

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So this is part of the Puku Yuri collection if someone wants to group them up.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Almost forgot about this lol. Glad to see it ended well!

joined Aug 22, 2016

I think it unfair to jump into the yandere trope which is already a negative stereotype of mental illness. Not so much that the characters exist mind you, I too like such characters, but often times it is not too different from belittling the causes for it and the experiences along with stigma that those with psychological challenges face. Rarely do you see discussions in regards to Yuno Gasai's past and why she is the way she is, only that she's cute and "crazy" and that some make her their waifu, even though if they ever met her they'd run for their lives. Yandere in a way is similar to how people use the term "broken" as if people who have had difficult lives or psychological challenges are somehow damaged or incomplete as a person. "These things have happened to you obviously because you're different and something is wrong with you so people can't help it" sort of a thing.

I do not believe Ogata is mentally ill per se. Speculating, she could potentially be diagnosed with depression and possibly PTSD, but just looking at her situation where she has been bullied and arguably sexually abused, it is of no wonder, even without a psychological clinical analysis, as to why she would not value her life much and consider suicide as a way out of what she is put through on a daily basis.

Aside from that, many of the issues seem to be resolved for the most part with the bullying settling down and for wanting to die, I think that part was covered and came to a positive conclusion with Ogata no longer wanting to die, but wanting to do so many wonderful things with Saki.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/futari_nara#22

last edited at Mar 14, 2017 6:57PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Simply magnificent. Mountain Pukuichi is one of the few authors whose works can temporarily quench even my insatiable thirst for frequent, lengthy embraces and snuggling. This will be another of MP's stories that I will turn to in future when feeling particularly parched. Thank you indeed, Wooberjig.

joined Oct 19, 2015

Great ending to a great trilogy of chapters. I appreciated an honest take on a relationship built on something unhealthy, I feel like it was portrayed seriously while still being really heartwarming.

Thanks Wooberjig!

joined Aug 22, 2016

Great ending to a great trilogy of chapters. I appreciated an honest take on a relationship built on something unhealthy, I feel like it was portrayed seriously while still being really heartwarming.

Thanks Wooberjig!

Hmm, I'm curious to know what you thought was unhealthy in regards to what they built their relationship on?

I wonder what they mean by killing the other and doing suicide now...? They're happy together, maybe that was a joke of love...
I'm not sure if there are bullies who regret their cruel acts and treat the victims like human beings like in school or stuff...? Only still good peopz would come along, right?

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Thank you Wooberjig, This doujin is outstanding just like all of the others in the Puku Yuri series. The Yuri genre needs more Fluff like this.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

That was cute. And creepy, but in a cute way.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Mountain Pukuichi's stuff is the softest of fluff. <3

Yeah, I mean couples might think about it in their mind and joke about it, but something seemed off about these two and the two from Nana Yuri

F4099919603a7e34609e174afa599fa9
joined Feb 24, 2016

this was kind of messed up, man
kinda cute i guess??
last part was just unexpected

joined Feb 1, 2013

Reading the comments I remembered 'Lonely Kagamin', which I liked but it was still depressing and had self-harm and suicidal thought as a topic. So. Realistic, yes, but I wish it wasn't in all of them at this point.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lonely_kagamin

I read that doujin a while back... I didn't like it. For one thing, I can't ever see Sojiro EVER saying what he said.

Still, considering the same author did this, I enjoyed this a whole lot more.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Mountain Pukuichi's stuff is the softest of fluff. <3

That's what I thought too. The whole death thing came out of nowhere. It ended up having a really weird tone in the end, with that popping up every so often. Especially when it wasn't in the first one at all.

I guess, its a Japanese thing- they even have a word for it: google Shinjū. ^^

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

The most closest story to Cross Heart...almost the ambient of this story is almost the same from Cross Heart... it's unique and full romantic...More, I consider this with Cross Heart, one of the best Yuri mangas that I've ever read

joined Dec 7, 2019

That much dying theme give me the creeps!
-'-

last edited at Dec 8, 2019 7:47PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

it was kinda scary tho , was it gonna end in double suicide or in yandere stuff?

To reply you must either login or sign up.