Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to say Seol-a is sexually attracted to No-rae, but I (begrudgingly) don't have enough evidence to claim the reciprocal.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

My perception is Norae is bi, while Seola has been a closeted lesbian her whole life.
None of this was said directly in the story, but it's been quite heavily hinted, in my books at least.

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Okay, so they are not straight if ever they get together or something. But still..these labels both give positive and negative vibes. Hoo boy.

Anyway, I guess No-rae gives hints that she checks out Seol-a every now and then, making her not demi at some point. Either that or I messed up my understanding of demi. Well, demi-sexual at least. Ii am just not so sure about being demi-romantic. AS for Seol-a, I have forgotten if she checked out No-rae once or twice but I do remember Seol-a saying that No-rae is cute. I think Seol-a is more of the person who falls for the personality not by the looks considering how she developed her feelings for No-rae. However, do correct me if I overlooked at some points. Lel.

I missed those Sundays where I have to stay up late to wait for spoilers in Korean since those updates makes my whole week ahead whether the story is turning angsty or happy or what. The feels man... I missed those feels...

joined Jun 14, 2016

ffins07

No art like Ssamba's in any ongoing story. My reading filter is so high now... Still waiting for another manga or manwha to come around to capture my interest. I don't care how long I have to wait. So over high school and faux angst dramas. But, seriously, the art, nothing like it.

Rest easy, Ssamba.

Agreed. Ssamba's art wasnt perfect, but it was so natural and it got me completely. I almost lost all intereste in yuri after Ssamba stopped

h3x

^Try The Love Doctor on Lezhin. It's becoming a new, better Fluttering Feelings. At least for me.

I just checked a few snapshots of this story and I gotta say the art was as clean as WDTFS. I still prefer FF's style

Agree here as well. ssamba's art work is much closer to hand drawing (especially the lines and color), so it feels pretty warm, soft and calm. Although WDTFS's art work is nice too, but I still like FF's style the best.

last edited at Sep 12, 2016 8:35PM

joined Feb 22, 2015

Ssamba wrote something new on their blog, about FF and foreign fans, with official art even.
Translation by halmoni, here: http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/150202651927/ssambas-blog-post-9916

Thanks for the update ;-;

And as always, thanks Halmoni.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Ssamba wrote something new on their blog, about FF and foreign fans, with official art even.
Translation by halmoni, here: http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/150202651927/ssambas-blog-post-9916

Thanks for the update ;-;

And as always, thanks Halmoni.

Thanks Halmoni.
My heart is broken to the idea that Ssamba is sick, and how much sadness, beauty, and pain in the latter drawing. But I am happy that the love of the fans of Fluttering be lasting and that the messages of support continue to reach her. I sincerely hope that soon Ssamba feeling better.

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 6:59AM

joined Jun 13, 2016

Ssamba posted a blog entry along with an art. I don't know how to post the image lol. But here's the link: http://m.blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220813062123

Does anyone know what it says? Haha

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Ssamba posted a blog entry along with an art. I don't know how to post the image lol. But here's the link: http://m.blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220813062123

Does anyone know what it says? Haha

Halmoni's translation: http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/150518498572/ssambas-blog-post-915. As always, thanks Halmoni.

Continuing best wishes for Ssamba's recovery.

joined Feb 22, 2015

Ssamba posted another blog

http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/151074896297/ssambas-blog-post-92616

She also has another one posted on 9-29, but it hasn't been translated yet.

Thank you for translating Halmoni ;-;

joined Feb 22, 2015

new blog post

http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/151301881342/ssambas-blog-posts-92916-10216

Hoping to hear good news each time she posts a blog.

Thank you Halmoni.

joined Oct 5, 2016

My perception is Norae is bi, while Seola has been a closeted lesbian her whole life.
None of this was said directly in the story, but it's been quite heavily hinted, in my books at least.

That's always been my interpretation as well. No-Rae's always seemed pretty honest with herself that she's attracted to Seol-A, it's just that Seol-A is so (seemingly) obviously straight and No-Rae doesn't want to fuck up their friendship, plus she's slow to embrace relationships anyway. There was also that shot of No-Rae at the mixer, where she's getting kissed on one cheek by a girl and on the other cheek by a boy and blushing, but it's not really clear which of those kisses is making her blush. It felt like kind of a visual metaphor for her bisexuality.

Seol-A has had lots of boyfriends, but whether there's physical attraction or not, she's plainly never been emotionally invested in any of those relationships. Especially with the way she drinks, her het relationships have been pretty fucked up. Part of her development with her attraction with No-Rae has been her then mentally reviewing her old friendship back in high school and realizing that she's not just romantically attracted to No-Rae, she's always been attracted to girls. And her never really consciously understanding that is plainly part of what's been fucking her relationships with other women - just look at how weird she acts to No-Rae in the beginning, she's coming on to her super hard, while simultaneously not admitting to herself what she's doing one bit.

I do think that one thing that's easy to overlook is how deeply homophobic the society they live in is. It's not spelled out for the reader, it's just kind of an unspoken truth to their lives, they're both terrified of even floating a hint about being gay or of telling anyone. Some of that is their own personality and being afraid of rejection, but I think a big part of it is also that they're sure that if they come out as being gay or bi it won't just make things socially awkward, it could completely destroy their relationship. It's not that this isn't a queer story, it's that the characters dare not say it out loud.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 5:43PM

joined Mar 15, 2016

How I miss staying awake waiting for update every week and reading the discussion in this thread. Praying for Ssamba..

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

How I miss staying awake waiting for update every week and reading the discussion in this thread.

I feel the same. I miss chasing for ff updates..

Praying for Ssamba..

Yeah.. Hoping she is getting better..

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

wdtfs is all about cheating and revenge. I miss ff.

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

wdtfs is all about cheating and revenge. I miss ff.

lol. I miss FF too.

WDTFS is good, but it doesn't quite hit the same spot in my heart that FF does. Sometimes I wonder at the storyboarding/plot progression of WDTFS and wonder just how much of it is "lost in translation" because I only understand about 76% of what's happening at any given moment. Some of it is just a little too non sequitur for me to follow as naturally as I did with FF. (Although in my emotionally detached opinion FF may have had a pacing hiccup or two as well)

I also just read the whole of "The Love Doctor" in one sitting, and I have to say, it is good. h3x said that it was the new and better version of FF, I kinda get it. Kinda. It's obviously a personal thing -- they did say that Love Doctor was better "at least for [them]", but my view is that there's something fundamentally different about the feeling that you walk away with after reading these two works.

I think mainly it's two points that embody most of what's different between FF and Love Doctor.

1. They have vastly different endings in mind.
    Here I think that FF was (is?) probably going for some sort of realization and mutual understanding between No-rae and Seol-a. They've been progressing in a sort of mis-matched fashion, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ssamba was planning to wrap it up with the alignment of their understandings of each other's emotional states.
    LD seems to be going for a maturing of their leads. FF is all about becoming more mature, but not like this. LD seems like it wants to put the characters through some real emotional hell and then spit them out stronger.

2. The pacing stresses different ways of telling stories.
    FF is slow. We all definitely know that :) It chooses to tell stories through a bit of inner monologue and a ton of subtle actions. Everything that I love about FF is conveyed through a few words and a glance.
    LD achieved within the first 25-ish chapters what FF couldn't do in 60. This quick pacing emphasizes broad, wide reaching and decisive actions. In this world a character can make a decision and see the outcome by the end of the chapter instead of waiting for half a year to see any repercussions.

Sorry about the wall of text. I haven't posted in a really long time and had some stuff to say I guess. Let me know what you think about this lovely addition to the world of yuri manhwa. How much do you think it was influenced by FF, and how do you think it differs? (The similarities are definitely there. I mean, the cluelessness about romance, the ballet and the accident?! Can these things really be coincidences?)

My thoughts, as always, are with Ssamba, hoping that they recover (even if they don't come back to write).

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 5:03AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hey y'all I made a gofundme page for buying Ssamba a cintiq tablet. Check it out at https://www.gofundme.com/flutteringfeelings

Any help at all would be appreciated. Most of Ssamba's recent blog posts have been translated at http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/tagged/ssamba

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 7:22PM

joined Feb 8, 2016

That's always been my interpretation as well. No-Rae's always seemed pretty honest with herself that she's attracted to Seol-A, it's just that Seol-A is so (seemingly) obviously straight and No-Rae doesn't want to fuck up their friendship, plus she's slow to embrace relationships anyway. There was also that shot of No-Rae at the mixer, where she's getting kissed on one cheek by a girl and on the other cheek by a boy and blushing, but it's not really clear which of those kisses is making her blush. It felt like kind of a visual metaphor for her bisexuality.

Seol-A has had lots of boyfriends, but whether there's physical attraction or not, she's plainly never been emotionally invested in any of those relationships. Especially with the way she drinks, her het relationships have been pretty fucked up. Part of her development with her attraction with No-Rae has been her then mentally reviewing her old friendship back in high school and realizing that she's not just romantically attracted to No-Rae, she's always been attracted to girls. And her never really consciously understanding that is plainly part of what's been fucking her relationships with other women - just look at how weird she acts to No-Rae in the beginning, she's coming on to her super hard, while simultaneously not admitting to herself what she's doing one bit.

I do think that one thing that's easy to overlook is how deeply homophobic the society they live in is. It's not spelled out for the reader, it's just kind of an unspoken truth to their lives, they're both terrified of even floating a hint about being gay or of telling anyone. Some of that is their own personality and being afraid of rejection, but I think a big part of it is also that they're sure that if they come out as being gay or bi it won't just make things socially awkward, it could completely destroy their relationship. It's not that this isn't a queer story, it's that the characters dare not say it out loud.

I agree with you both. You basically said everything I thought of. I always thought that Norae was bisexual and Seol-a was more likely the clueless lesbian instead of them both being bisexual(which was a theory I had before some of the other chapters came up). I think Seol-a just realized she was always subconsciously attracted to women and her first lady crush was on her old HS bestfriend when her feelings for Norae hit her like a bus and she had to confront her past. It was because of heteronormativity that she didn't realize it at first. While I realized this, I had to give credit to Ssamba on how she was able to kinda give the reader hints to issues about heteronormativity and homophobia(even internal) in the story without actually stating it out loud.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Wow... What to say, I've been putting off reading yuri since January because of a change in my life and I just logged back 2 days ago for the first time.
I look a bit on the forums and check the front page for the newest goodies. After some time I'm confused at not seeing the so familiar thread.
I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked the thread, but certainly not this.

I would like to thank Ssamba for making me experience FF. I offer all my good thoughts and prayers as well.
I would like to thank Halmoni as well for her work and her unwieldy dedication to FF including everything that surrounds it.

I would also like to thank those who were regulars in his thread (and still are?). You know who you are.
I'm not always the most attentive reader and being able to discern and comprehend more of FF through your wall of texts filled with insights were a lovely addition to my life and reading experience.

So there's that I guess, I was/am never the best with words especially since English is not my first language.
But I felt like I should write a little something and this is my humble effort.

Ssamba... Wherever you are be strong, be well, and most important of all : be happy.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

reread through ff...again...i miss this series T_T though i love that people are still here in the forum lol.

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

This is kinda how I imagine a Seol-a confession would go. (Sorry for the quality. I drew it kinda fast.)
What am I doing with my life?

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Its saddening that the beautiful Ssamba has cancer. I'm really mad she's on chemo. Chemo kills people, lost to many people to it believing that was the only resort. What's done is done and I hope she fights through it.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Still no idea if the love interest of brunette is lesbian or not.

She seems to be have crush on her brother and her classmate. But no special feeling for brunette.

And so far the confrontation b/w these girls is 100% friend zone and nothing more.

Is this even a yuri manga? Or just a one sided yuri crush slice of life story?

Eh doesn't matter since its a low tier yuri manga in my list

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 1:30AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

UlquiorraSchiffer1 posted:
Is this even a yuri manga? Or just a one sided yuri crush slice of life story?

Eh doesn't matter since its a low tier yuri manga in my list

It's just really really slow pacing.

It's yuri happening out of the corner of your eye.

When you look at it directly, you're not sure it's happening.

It's fluttery.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

What drew me to this series was how real the characters are. They don't know they have feelings for each other and it's not immediate. It grows over time. They're not even aware of them and yet you can see the attraction there between the two. I just think it's a really unique way of telling a yuri story and that's why I enjoyed it so much. While I know the news is grim, I sincerely hope and pray that ssamba returns to health and can finish the story. Both for us as fans and for her as an artist. It'd be an incredible shame if we lost someone this talented at such a young age.

To reply you must either login or sign up.