Forum › Posts by sayuri12

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Really off topic but it seems The love doctor has just ended also, everyone, and as expected that the main couple remains....the ending couple =))))))). I dropped this story long ago but I read the ending from other people. The third character, Yo-Ahn, just like Seju, ended up not being with the one she loves xDDDDD.

I still remember I liked this character more than the other two when I was still reading it xDDDDD. She is not as well-built as Seju but she has that "Seju-third-character" vibe. Not sure about her character development later on but this ending makes me wonder this though:

This ending, together with wdtfs's ending, I really wanna know when will Korean manhwa take their comic stories to go out of the norm for their ending? Japanese mangas have gone with "the antagonist goes protagonistic" a few times but Korean manhwa still seems to stick with fairy tale endings, lollll

true but i think i'm found of love doctor's ending better because they ended things neatly. but the biggest difference between Yo-ahn and seju is that Yo-ahn somehow was able to find happiness away from the previous love (blossoming romance or in friendship?). which i think was done a lot better than seju's end. i do feel like it needs work but the best thing about it though is that at the very least they established you rooting for the main couple. i can't help but still think i was a little forced into to accepting sungjixsumin with how they didn't write them up strong enough. but oh well, we got new stories popping up that have potential in breaking the usual threads. so let's at least look forward to that.

last edited at Dec 2, 2017 1:50PM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

so i've been busy since i just got a job recently and i haven't gotten to get back on this thread when the new chapter centered on seju came up. but i am stoked but at the same time still waiting because it seems like they're going to tell the story of seju n sumin's past first. i dunno about you guys, i find a young seju cute but i'm not looking forward to reading something we already know doesn't work out. so i'm waiting for the next follow up story where they fast forward to the present already.

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

thanks Nora! something to look forward to then after being really busy lately.

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

it's almost november, anyone knows when the follow up is going to be released? if i remember right, they said around november.

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Who is Camille again?

she was dawoon's(sungji's childhood friend) ex

is there a chapter that she's on? I'm trying to remember dawoon's ex and the only one i could think of was that girl she was with in france that was dark skinned.

that's her. if remember she's not really in the story aside from dawoon mentioning her and remembering their breakup. so you should just read dawoon's chapters if you want to see her. i can't remember where dawoon's came in though.

last edited at Oct 2, 2017 1:09AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Who is Camille again?

she was dawoon's(sungji's childhood friend) ex

@Nora
give it time. it's only a preview anyway so we might see changes in the character's appearance. i think yoonie has made some interesting points about the character being more casual in appearance. i think it fits though if yoonie's right. if she's supposed to be an athlete(ex swimmer? or still?) then the idea of a more casual style comes into play. i mean, nami was a model and camille was more of a girly girl so i assume the new character Dowon wear wouldn't make-up as much compared to them considering she swims

@Yoonie
do you think we can assume that they might make seju's new partner more of a dependable type? like we know she's an athlete so instantly that makes me think a person that would be headstrong since she'd be competitive. i don't imagine she'd be like how sumin was in being unsure about her decisions. that would make her the opposite of what seju's ex was and that would be really refreshing i think for seju and the audience. XD that would just be awesome.

last edited at Oct 1, 2017 10:19AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Re
guess who are the other two characters taller than Seju:
Nammi and Assassin- ssi

the girl though could've been made hotter.. argh !! why gaji whyyyy
you could've copied pasted Camille (that one was a piece of art)

lol i think they might be going for a more butch character which is why the character design is like that.

last edited at Sep 30, 2017 10:13AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

@yoonie and nora

i think that the idea of having a side story about sumin and seju is really pointless i think. maybe inserting a little of it to seju's centric story would be more reasonable...considering she's going to be pursuing a new love and that is part of her past we can't deny...also because let's be honest, it's not like they're ever getting back together. i think if that side story is basically just a oneshot or a few chapters it would be okay. it's stupid of TG to develop it into something big. as for the sidestory for sungji and sumin, i gotta agree yoonie...i don't think i'm going to be reading that, maybe if it's short oneshot. i just don't see anything worth while in a story about them except something to probably fanservice to show fans how they are living their happy ending? i can't, it feels weird cause they got ruined for me too. hopefully they let those two at least end up quitting hello studio. i swear that sumin went back felt so stupid to me. even if she worked there for years, it makes no sense to me to work for your ex in her company. jeez wth is with that...

plus sides though, it'd be interesting to see this new girl, Dowon. I wonder what kind of a dynamic her and seju will be.

last edited at Sep 29, 2017 10:08AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

@kami-sama

to be fair, the expression of "that's so cool or he/she's so cool" is pretty subjective and pretty superficial. it doesn't mean that the person isn't a jerk/douche. it just means that there's something admirable in a superficial way about that person(looks and riches mainly.) it can also mean to describe the temperament of the person is calm-like. i've never really used it in a way to describe admiring popularity in a school (hs)setting what with the whole "the cool kids" idea lol i always found that absurd even when i was a teenager because of that. lol then again, i didn't grow up in such an atmosphere or culture. thank god.

also, bit too harsh on sumin XD lol and i think you've overestimated sumin. i wouldn't exactly call her a gold digger. girl is like you said, too clumsy to pull that thing out. seju was just the ultimate sneaky sugar mama and sumin was too weak. a gold digger has more assertiveness than sumin. she's too passive for that. if i put a gold digger beside sumin, i'd end up admiring that person's go get it attitude considering how wishy washy sumin can be.

for the record, i do like sumin. admittedly the least of the trio. but i don't hate her, just not blind to that jerk side of her.

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 1:55PM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

There will be sex scene loooool

What a legend prediction =)))))))

there is always a sex scene XD if we were betting something. we'd all say the same thing to be safe. ahaha.

i dunno, i'd like to think that they'd at least wrap up seju's story a little more by showing a scene of where she is no matter how small it is. i won't hope for anything more that this point. i'm just waiting for it to finally end. haha. but some serious fluff with main couple and then sumin somehow gets a clue from somewhere(a letter or whatever) about seju's whereabouts and she's doing well and it's going to be one of those "we can't even be together anymore as anything platonic but i wish you luck moments of that kind of love"? as for the end couple. just more fluff and sumin doesn't mention what she finds out about seju to sungji and ends with a kiss and implied sex.

frankly, it's probably the only way i can see it go in order to help fix the how author ruined end couple for me with the last few chapters. and then the next story is all about seju, her new life and finding out how to love someone else :D

PS. if it isn't anyway like that, i at least hope its a good ending. too many series have been almost ruined because of bad endings. lol i still can't get over the bleach ending. ahh my old anime fan is coming out. i'm sorry XD

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 7:09AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

sayuri12

and I don't think it's that bad. you got free flowing spirit in your writing. haha.

This is so sweeeeet.. ima go show this to my elementary teacher :( she kept punishing me over this my whole childhood :(((
you go tell her! haha

As for my inner TG? one day when i feel good enough, even if it's just a short thing. I'd want to make an original GL/Yuri comic too. I think it would be nice to do.

And when you do, please write a note with sayuri12 name, so I can be over analysing your work and obsessing over it..
#ProspectiveClient

oohh...to have someone like you as not only a critic is probably the best and worst thing for an artist. XD especially a wanna be like me. the great Nora...haha. you're going to have to wait a long while for anything of professional quality from me. i'm going to have to put on some training boots for that special continuous story line. and you know what? i'm going to do that. i'm going to put my name from this forum and shoutout to Nora when i do. XD

for now though, think of me as your crappy padawan on the making to becoming a master. lol
out of curiosity though, say i would be doing some practice work for a short oneshot like the one you showed me of TG. what would be a writing prompt you'd want? like...to practice my story boarding skills. :) like brainstorm with me.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 4:44AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

I'm in if ever I'm needed..xD

Awesome. XD me too.

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

WTDFS isn't number 1 in the GL category on the english Lezhin site. It's only number 4. Pulse is #1 followed by The Love Doctor and Moonlight Garden.

i guess it doesn't get number 1 as much as it did before. i used to see it a lot on the top when i'd check new releases on the lezhin site a while back. i don't check the site enough to look at ranking anymore, so thanks for the update. i think the last time i did it was serenade that was on top in terms of GL category.

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 12:10AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

is this that bloom into you manga? that's actually pretty good. i used to read it, and i'm waiting for more chapters until i start over since i caught up into it. if you're talking about something else, do correct me.

No, blooming sequence. Manhwa. I like the art... lol

Ah, my apologies. who's it by?maybe i'll look it up. the translations of the titles always for some reason differ at times so i mix things up easily at times.

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

sayuri12 and LustGreed

I read an older interview of Gaji, she said that she loved to draw but she never felt like she is good enough.. it took her soooo long to finish just one shot. (so I guess you two feel the same.. but maybe you have your inner gaji yet to be unleashed ~)

here is her one shot:
http://gaji0428.tistory.com/m/entry/gaji1

They both looked like Seju xD yes..that is one reason and also, due to busy schedule..I'm already tired after work when I get home that I don't wanna move anymore..and also, my gf since we're in LDR. So I can't really make time for drawing..I have my drawing tab for 2 years now but I've only used it multiple times like 7 times..lol but since I'm having 1 week off next week, I would probably make one for WDTFS as I've mentioned in my previous post.

@Nora and LustGreed

lol i agree with Lust in the resemblance. TG seems to have types of characters she likes to draw.it's like looking at a combination of sungji. sumin, and seju in these two characters and that's even when i don't understand a word of korean. XD

i hope someone translates this in the future. the art is too good to pass up a short oneshot. (one of the reasons wdtfs caught my eye in the first place

I really get what you mean. Art takes a lot of patience, time and effort that it's hard sometimes to incorporate in a schedule. I also have a drawing tab but haven't been using it as much recently. I also have problems right now with my laptop monitor so that also makes it harder for me to want to draw digital art, i mean it's still possible but a lot more of a pain when i look at the less hd screen of tv screen(the kind that looks like a flat computer monitor) i managed to hook my laptop to in the past few months . motivation and inspiration plays a key role too. i'm just not inspired lately to make my own art. But i would want to pick it up again soon when i get motivated and have time. Even if it's just some random sketches and practice, it's a nice way to blow off some steam and maybe i can get a finished product out. lol

Esoteric is right when she says that everyone can draw but it takes a lot of practice and effort to be good. some people forget it's a skill that you have to work on. so yeah, Nora you have hope. no matter how much you think you're hand writing is bad XD. and I don't think it's that bad. you got free flowing spirit in your writing. haha. As for my inner TG? one day when i feel good enough, even if it's just a short thing. I'd want to make an original GL/Yuri comic too. I think it would be nice to do.

LustGreed when you say you'd make one for wdtfs? you mean some fanart right? cool hope i can see it soon. this fandom always needs more fanart and fanstuff(vids, fanfic, etc.)

Anyway! If anything, i think me, LustGreed, and Vanbun can be under the artist's team like assistants at most since we don't think we can handle something as complex as heading a comic. lol there are many things you can help with like coloring, etc. aside from being the main artist.

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 11:59PM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

just so and so in drawing skills imo. i can yeah, but nothing up to par with wdtfs or comic standards XD so i won't volunteer myself as the artist. lol
i aspire to get to that level though. so maybe one day if i draw a lot. i haven't been in the mood for it in a while.

don't worry about the pic, i'd do the same with the amount of grumpiness too. i love seju. i don't think i've said it as directly as yoonie. it's my weakness for complex characters. lol so the sentiment is very much understood. i don't know if i'll be reading the next chapter right away. that's how my grumpyness is coming out right now.

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 11:23PM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

I know at least 3 people in Dynasty that could help create a top notch Yuri .. with decent story. XDDD we need an artist and then we call it TeamTomato

abbreviated to T T
it has a nice ring to it ~
XDDD

i'd volunteer to help out this team even as just a watergirl if it's to create more top notch yuri. btw, you change your DP again. not hating just can't help but comment about the nice pic of seju. lol

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 1:09PM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Izz I actually really prefer TLD rather than The Third Party. The gimmick and start of The Third Party is something that I dislike. The erotic moments carried it up until this point where it has more potential to be good which is why I'm still following it. I do see what you mean about TLD but I think the more characters than came made it more interesting for me and broke the whole triangle thing up. the problem is that the main couple got less interesting now and it's gone to the usual stuff and yeah a little unnecessary drama. M&D and Tamen de Gushi are nice comedy style. I follow Tamen de Gushi more and since I speed read the other one. M&D ...It's cute for when you're in the mood for light fully one shots but since Tamen de Gushi has more storyline going on I follow that and just end up reading the other one when it pops up in my tumblr feed. I don't have much interest in My girlfriend's ex boyfriend since i already heard some noise about it and it's exactly the type i avoid. Although I didn't avoid it completely since I read one or two chapters. Lily Love, that i read too and it's okay i think but it didn't interest me as much since there's a lot of usual stuff. But I found it cute at times. IWBGIYDE is actually good in a way that the title does mislead you a little on what it would be so i do recommend you reading it to see if catches your eye. I have my iffy moments but think it does have it's charm.
Again I can't help but say that I hope more content pops up for all of us soon. Hopefully in the next 2 months something does come up.

Vanbun Pulse I think I might just end up reading it all in one seating after it ends. if curiosity takes the better of me. I left in the earlier chapters out of disinterest so I'm going to read it all one day just to end the story. moonlight garden does seem like it's going to be interesting so i'm up with you there. after all, it's like a time period peace with erotica au. so i'm looking forward to see how they handle it. blooming? which is this? is this that bloom into you manga? that's actually pretty good. i used to read it, and i'm waiting for more chapters until i start over since i caught up into it. if you're talking about something else, do correct me.

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 11:27AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Well like I said, I've been reading more of the current webcomics and stuff. I think for my pick, there can be two stories that already built up enough chapters that can replace wdtfs as #1....It would be The Love Doctor if we're talking about lezhin. Like in general, I think it's between TLD and It Would Be Great if You Didn't Exist if we're talking about GL stories that can replace WTDFS as number one in general right now in sites. There's Pulse too...although I don't like it because I find it a lesser wdtfs story...but it is one of the popular ones so I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Anyway, that the only story I'm sure of that's in Lezhin is TLD so that's the one I mentioned in particular. There's also Elixir in Lezhin, and it's actually got me hooked in a way I didn't think it would. So that might be a darkhorse but it only has 28 chapters in for now...so I'm a little doubtful.

I think I'll dodge the straight harem romance. I've had my fill when I was a teenager with a few series so I can't anymore go into it.

EDIT:

Oh just to be clear(since I worded things a bit too general in the beginning) what my pick would be really. It would be mainly TLD and Elixir to read to after WTDFS and replacing the fill. I'm waiting for more chapters for It would be great if you Didn't Exist before diving into it again. I'm open to a number of stuff but everything is still pretty much starting. Like Moonlight Garden seems interesting in the Korean webcomic department.

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 8:40AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

I still dont get those though
- Why did the author take so many chapters to show Sumin caring for Seju? The supermarket, the running away, the meals? For what? Just for Sungji to misunderstanding them and leave? Such a shitty way to develop Sungji's character then. She didnt even ask about them and just assuming then leave.

-Why did SuminxSungji get back together so easily everytime when I really thought it should take them harder to be back each time and every time they're back, they jump right to sex? This time, unless the next chap, its actually a flashback of Seju coming up to Sungji and talk about how Sungji should go back, I dont see why Sungji can throw everything behind and decide "this is the hand I want to hold", LOLLLL. That's just a shitty way to end Seju's character journey in wdtfs. Seju left but then even help to make up the couple. God, author, you want to reborn another angelic character? I LOVE SEJU THE WAY SHE IS, LOLLLLLLL. Do you really have to make her the plot device for the couple till the last chapter like that?

I feel like I have to say something like this too before really being able to move on. I felt like Seju's departure could have been done better. They built her up in later chapters and then you basically have a lot more things implied "off screen" with how she just left in such a dialogue-y way and Sumin basically not reacting as much. I wanted at least a more dramatic setup with how they did things. It makes no sense to me not to put it that way. Another anti-climactic moment for me in this manhwa. Like, wth? you built this moment up writing wise and then you don't deliver it? that's just bad writing to me IMO. If you imply that a character leaves while you make the audience sympathetic to them, then you have to give them a good exit scene. Seju's exit to me was lacking and rushed considering everything that went on in this whole series. She did leave with "some sort of" grace but considering who they made her to be in this series, dude you gotta give her more than that.

This is a tragic character and she's moved away in order to release her love one and including herself for the better....and you don't give it a better send off? the could've been a really great defining moment in the series of a real type of healing love. Frankly, I'm disappointed because I've read better cliche stories delivering they're IT moments. That's one major reason I also got turned off. A cliche story can be good IMO for itself as long as delivery is good. There aren't any real original stories when you really look at creating things. And in love stories, it's the same thing. It's the delivery that is always different and they failed to do good delivery for me... for both the end and side couple in this story. The story should always end with the beginning in my opinion so if they were setting an ending up it has to fix the problems in the beginning cleanly. The character they failed to do that for me the most is Seju. If I talk about Sumin and Sungji, that would be another long post. lol

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Anyway... I just realize there is another reborn/spin off for ichigo 100 this year... we get new materials and development after 12 freakin years . So after wdtfs end and you need a new story to read, you can try this one! What a great timing. :D

The new side story is kinda meh.... (feels like fan service) but I have hope in this mangaka... lol

Is this girls love/yuri though? i'd be interested if it is. i need more stories to fill my time now that the wdtfs thrill is gone. i'm following all the other new stuff to a certain degree but there isn't much that i like as whole for a story. FTLG it's 2017 we need more yuri content. lol

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

Korean dramas and web dramas, there are a lot of stories about forgetting deep first love with the help of an innocent girl who knows nothing about love xDDDDDD.

So cliche...

Totally agree xDDDDDDDDDD

I actually want to know more of korean stories that actually break this cliche. There's a reason why I don't watch a lot of Kdramas. it's just tiring to have watch or even just hear a story about the "innocent one" always trumping the "complicated" one. Don't get me wrong,I like the innocent girl type character.... but all the time? yeah no, I need more complicated and realistic characters having happy endings in this type of genre too you know.

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

so basically...has everyone agreed in tossing in the towel and accepting this as the end?cause i basically am. i'm tired of this story already because i hated the past few chapters including this one. it was like there wasn't any use anymore with how things went round and round over and over again since chapter X, you think there should have been a build up for something more interesting from sumin's side. like seriously? sumin had more shit to resolve than sungji IMO so why is this chapter ending more with something about sungji's first love? the way she was left behind by sungji and then someone like seju(bestfriend of years)? how is that being swept away after all this and for sex?! agh. frustrated. also, we've been teased about the tattoo in the beginning but why is it that even after seju left, sumin still hasn't explained the importance of it all to sungji? like i was waiting for sumin to sit sungji down and explain shit and how she got the tattoo and how it screw her up...since the first chapters...and then maybe build and more substantial relationship....but that didn't happen? how are you suppose to resolve the past that way when see what then in earlier stages sumin was hesitant to have anyone touch let alone know about the origins of her tattoo?

@yoonie i think i would only read the side story if it was seju-centric and she gets someone better than sumin. i don't hate sungji but the author basically screwed up the whole sungjixsumin pair for me with how it was written in this and the last 3 chapters. so carelessly stupid imo. i would have liked it if it was resolved right but it's just way too weak a couple for me to like now. they totally didn't build it up away from an infatuation for me and just threw off any potential to be better. and i didn't even dislike the couple until now.

@nora thanks for all your analysis of every past chapter. it was interesting and very grateful to hear your POV through the past months.

last edited at Sep 9, 2017 4:15AM

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

sia ue can you explain why SuminxSungji makes no sense to you? (genuinely curious)

at this point, it felt anti climactic to me reading this chapter for some reason.

sayuri12
joined Feb 8, 2016

i think it's all of the above though. maybe a gamble as well? sungji has gotten insecure about things because she realizes how much sumin cares for seju(still clinging to her even just as a leftover love)and the guilt of being the one "better off" than seju from a talk in a previous chapter as well as the rumors of being an illegitimate child. it's only now really that sungji's really faced with that and i believe there's a difference between hearing and seeing when facing reality.

i don't think she really realized how intertwined seju and sumin were until the death of the CEO and having sumin being there at the funeral....at least IMO...so i do think it might be a test too...like the mentality that if that person chases after me or something. basically, i don't really see sungji making a move at this point and it's sumin's turn now that she's given the ring back. what's she gonna do now? it's basically given her the "action" role. if i have to guess a chase and assurance moment is coming.

last edited at Aug 19, 2017 5:24PM