Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Jun 3, 2014

Every time I see Mahiro and Mahiru, I can't help but wonder how old they are.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

wait.. she ask for 50 yen and she had 500 but didnt give it to her, is it just translated weird or do the not get the concept of change and thats the joke?

last edited at Apr 17, 2016 7:45PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

wait.. she ask for 50 yen and she had 500 but didnt give it to her, is it just translated weird or do the not get the concept of change and thats the joke?

She was also trying to buy the bra, and only had 500 yen
Sure she could have gave it to her so that at least one of them could purchase it, but the point is to match I guess
Their logic was probably you can't afford it and me neither, oh well, nevermind then, that was fun
I remember a chapter with them buying and trying to share a popsicle/ice pop, I'm sure they understand the concept of money

last edited at Apr 17, 2016 8:05PM

joined Aug 16, 2015

I was thinking that it was 1980 yen for each bra, but the idea of them not knowing that they'd get change back for 500 yen is fun, too.

Mai%20shiranui_dom
joined Jun 27, 2015

I swear Mahiru and Mahiro are gonna give me diabetes

joined Mar 30, 2016

Yeah same I don't get why if their twins either. Their VERY similar and can't live if they're even apart. How do they survive if they live in separate houses??

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

They should smooch more.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Mahiro and Mahiru ain't actuall twins, are they?

Nope they are not actually twins - their names are Ogi Mahiru & Ooshita Mahiro - so can't be.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"When we're not together, I get uneasy"
That was really cute, like "dawwww" kind of cute... I hope they never fight or get separated, it would break my heart

I'm ok with that crazy yaoi at the end

Tumblr_e91edc003cdbb03c1b8d45c82a98870c_92f81880_640
joined Jun 29, 2014

wtf that last page

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Nope they are not actually twins - their names are Ogi Mahiru & Ooshita Mahiro - so can't be.

not so sure that's the case. iirc, this discussion came up in one of the earlier chapters. a commenter suggested that the parents may have divorced with each twin going to a parent. also in this chapter, it's a bit ambiguous, but one twin noted that their mother always bought their underware up until the trip to the lingerie store. if the twins didn't have the same mother, i suppose i'd be odd to say your mother bought underware for both you and your friend. however, the world of the mahimahi twins is insanely weird, so you never know what's what.

last edited at Apr 18, 2016 1:25AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

not so sure that's the case. iirc, this discussion came up in one of the earlier chapters. a commenter suggested that the parents may have divorced with each twin going to a parent. also in this chapter, it's a bit ambiguous, but one twin noted that their mother always bought their underware up until the trip to the lingerie store. if the twins didn't have the same mother, i suppose i'd be odd to say your mother bought underware for both you and your friend. however, the world of the mahimahi twins is insanely weird, so you never know what's what.

Though that seems like an incredibly cruel thing to do to siblings, especially when they're as close as the MahiMahi pair are.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol the look on Yuu's face :p

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The BL extras are too funny. xD

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm not clear that they were saying one mom (belonging to both of them) bought underwear (for both of them). They could as easily be saying that it's the case for each of them that their respective moms had been buying their underwear up to that point. Plus, the "divorce" concept can't really go with the "one mom buying for both" concept; presumably if that were the case one of them would be getting underwear bought by their mom, and the other would be getting underwear bought by either their dad or her stepmom. Unless the divorce was a really unusually friendly one, which as I understand it is rarer in Japan.
Anyway I really don't see those two as kids who went through a divorce and getting split between parents. My bet is on, not twins, just similar upbringing and have been living next door forever, half live at each other's place, and call across to each other through their facing bedroom windows when they aren't sleeping over--that kind of thing.

last edited at Apr 18, 2016 4:12PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

They should smooch more.

They should. Mind you, the way they operate once they start smooching as a sign of affection we may never get another line of dialogue from them again.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Plus, the "divorce" concept can't really go with the "one mom buying for both" concept; presumably if that were the case one of them would be getting underwear bought by their mom, and the other would be getting underwear bought by either their dad or her stepmom. Unless the divorce was a really unusually friendly one, which as I understand it is rarer in Japan.

Depends if the dad is not too comfortable buying his daughter underwear and the girl isn't comfortable with her stepmother to let her buy her some. Or if the father is remarried at all.

The indications about them being siblings or not are always vague and I kinda suspect this is on purpose from the author. Myself, I'm going to consider twins until definitive proof of the contrary. XD

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

do we know how old are Mahiru and Mahiro? Because they seem to be in Yuu and Mari's class, but they behave like they were much younger. It has me confused.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

wtf that last page

I'm glad someone mentioned it! I was reading the comments and everyone just glossed it over xD

Also, twincest is always awesome xD

joined Mar 8, 2016

Much as I wish MahiMahi were actual twins (and much as I think Kishi-sensei wants the readers to basically view them that way while avoiding the letter of whatever editorial or other pressures it might have caused) the character summary page from vol. 6 calls them "擬似双子," which means "pseudo-twins."

Since there seems to be some question on it, that page also lists the class years for all the characters:

1st Years:
Mahiro
Mahiru
Yuu
Mari
Nao
Mayu (Kaoru's kohai toy)
Mio (Ichinose)
Mariri
Midori (new character later in vol. 5)

2nd Years:
Ai
Chie
Michiru
Airi
Ayano
Miyoshi
Honoka
Alicia
Onoda (she isn't given a first name)
Yumimi
Mayuyu

3rd Years:
Kaoru
Shizuka
Nononon

last edited at Apr 18, 2016 11:26PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I always take those things with caution in "risque" works, as it can be just some way to avoid angering some sensibilities. Like making a child like character that look and actually acts like a child, but slaps on them some "warning" assuring that yeah, they're totally 18+ ! :p

In this case, their first appearance kinda set them up as just friends that have similar sense of style, but the more we go into chapters, the more it seems to try to blur out the line as to if they're actually twins or not, with some characters apparently thinking them to be, the pair themselves making kind of confusing comments. Gives me the feeling that the author really planned them to make them twins, but either worried about reception or got some sort of veto about making it definite, settling for a more confusing outlook.

Or maybe he just want to mess with our heads. XD

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

wtf that last page

I'm glad someone mentioned it! I was reading the comments and everyone just glossed it over xD

That was something from the " manga " honoka and alicia.
There are some parts comming op from them in the end of the chapters

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Plus, the "divorce" concept can't really go with the "one mom buying for both" concept; presumably if that were the case one of them would be getting underwear bought by their mom, and the other would be getting underwear bought by either their dad or her stepmom. Unless the divorce was a really unusually friendly one, which as I understand it is rarer in Japan.

Depends if the dad is not too comfortable buying his daughter underwear and the girl isn't comfortable with her stepmother to let her buy her some. Or if the father is remarried at all.

That is possible, yes. If, as I said, the divorce was a really unusually friendly one. It would be unusual IMO, much more so in Japan than here in Canada where sharing the kids and so on is pretty common.
But I have no problem with people wearing twin-goggles. More power to you.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

wtf that last page

Honoka and Alicia's yaoi doujin, kinda like a bonus lmao

joined Apr 6, 2014

wtf that last page

Honoka and Alicia's yaoi doujin, kinda like the stuff of nightmares lmao

I agree.

To reply you must either login or sign up.