Forum › Posts by RJD2

RJD2
Oddman 11 discussion 08 Jun 02:14
joined Apr 6, 2014

Chouko, playing the long con.

RJD2
Water Depth discussion 01 Jun 21:10
joined Apr 6, 2014

I got the impression Fuyo suffers from amnesia?

Amnesia? I don't think so.. What makes you say that? I think she just has a quirky personality

Fuyo has autism. And that is a big problem in a group oriented society, as her logic is not the same as "normal people" logic. Her parents try to "fix" her so that she can fit in the society, but she loses part of what makes herself in the process.

Even after reading this n+1 times I'm still a bit confused. I guess the point of this is, that we should let kids be themselves and there will always be someone who loves them. Dunno. Also thought about if Fuyo is just eccentric, or does she have some kind of mental problem. This was one confusing manga o_o

Fuyo has a mental problem, autism, that sometimes is characterized by repetitive behavior, difficulty on grasping abstract concepts like feelings, trouble in reaching to conclusions by logic, etc... and is often described as living in a world of your own.

"...and go off to that other world."
"Do you remember the first time you ever made a rolled omelette?"

These are the hints in the story. The repetitive questions, lack of logic in some situations...

I think knowing about autism is fundamental to understand this story.
At a first glance, the story appears a little disjointed as Transbikes pointed.
We, "normal people" readers, try to see a logic in the whole and make a meaning of everything, while the author paints a world from the perspective of the characters, the mind of a autistic girl and the heart of a girl in love.

"I pushed you away..."
"because I loved you."
"I'm sorry..."

This page is where their worlds converge. Love sometimes is confusing, sometimes makes no sense, sometimes follow no logic. Trying to be hated by the one you love, denying your true feelings... The heart of the girl in love is not so much different of the mind of the autistic girl. Not guided by reason or logic, but sentiment and feelings.

But by making it clear, in a way Fuyo can understand, Kei can finally reach her.

"If you start doing things like that, people will think you're crazy."
"You're so hard to understand."

In my opinion this manga is brilliant, a true piece of Art. Everything has a meaning, including the drawing style (why the faces/people appear a little blurred in contrast to the detailed objects as a way to illustrate the point of view of a autistic). Dissertation worthy.

And kudos to the translators, for not losing anything in the translation. I know it's very difficult to translate works where every word is important to the story.

Great analysis; I also determined that Fuyo could be mildly autistic, but unlike you, I couldn't bring myself to not hate Kei for pushing her away in that manner.

joined Apr 6, 2014

A lolicon? Couldn't he have just jumped the fence and become a pretty princess for some overweight, middle-aged otaku or something?

RJD2
joined Apr 6, 2014

wtf that last page

I'm glad someone mentioned it! I was reading the comments and everyone just glossed it over xD

That was something from the " manga " honoka and alicia.
There are some parts comming op from them in the end of the chapters

Honoka and Alicia's yaoi doujin, kinda like the stuff of nightmares lmao

I agree.

RJD2
joined Apr 6, 2014

Onoda is not a great person. Like, I get that she's consumed with anxiety and jealousy but jeez girl maybe try to be a bit less vindictive?

Onoda seems to be very insecure about herself, inferiority complex maybe. She prides herself in her uh studying abilities, possibly the only thing she feels good about. Belittles others to feel better about herself, not unlike Honoka, with her drawings. They lack the confidence to feel okay about who they are, what they don't have, and brings others down to validate themselves., becoming very judgmental, likely because they feel like others are judging them. They're very self-conscious of other people, despite acting like they don't care.

Hmm they're pretty bitter and salty, not making them the most pleasant characters, and I guess I'm kinda justifying their behavior in my mind, because they're not bad people, just very insecure. The chapters seeing them interact and get a bit closer to other characters are some of my favorites. I'm sure their behavior will eventually change and they'll become more welcoming of others, we're already getting some signs.
I really look forward to that, that's the kind of character development I crave

Great insight. I'm hoping FluffQueen is VE's Keitaro to Onoda's Naru.

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 12:42AM

RJD2
joined Apr 6, 2014

This manga is full of slimeballs. It doesn't produce a single good or clean feeling. x.x

joined Apr 6, 2014

I tried to get into this series but I can't get myself to care about story or any of characters, even now I barely remember what happened in previous chapters, not to mention details like names of characters beside main couple. I'm dropping it and I guess I'm outta this thread for good.

You can also start reading rough typesetted version before you decide to drop it. All current chapters are translated.
Here is link to imgur > http://flutteringfeelings[.]imgur[.]com where you can find them and more info in spoiler thread

Give it a try one more time because series is great :)

I agree this is a great series. Some of my friends said the story is kinda slow - aka no actions into 40+ chapters :). I am good with the paces. Well they say different strokes for different folks.

Don't believe them. It's slow, but it's definitely picking up the pace by the mid and late 30s.

RJD2
joined Apr 6, 2014

I hate NTR like the plague...but it's yuri, so my feelings are mixed to high Hell. If the guy ends up being a bro among bros, I might just end up rooting for him. >,<

RJD2
After Hours discussion 18 Jul 08:41
joined Apr 6, 2014

Spotted the Daft Punk fan. Already like her 10x more.

joined Apr 6, 2014

Poor sensei.
Also: nice Alice Cooper reference. \o/

RJD2
Pink Rush discussion 07 Jan 12:47
joined Apr 6, 2014

Sana's character feels different.

RJD2
joined Apr 6, 2014

Trolled by the tags.
Le sigh.

joined Apr 6, 2014

We can dance if we want to.

RJD2
Citrus discussion 09 Dec 15:57
joined Apr 6, 2014

The UST is real.

joined Apr 6, 2014

Yup. Kazumi's definitely a bottom.

RJD2
Your Fault discussion 16 Oct 21:59
joined Apr 6, 2014

Personally, I don't feel like this is NTR. And although the senpai showed Ayaka a blood-boiling grin on page 13, as if to say "I won," (fighting words, in my book) I don't feel like she's the villain in this. I also don't fault Ayaka for trying to take her time and figure out her own feelings--as main characters often do in queer-centric (and, even, het) publications--despite the title of the manga.

In fact, I feel as though the only truly perverse character in this entire read was Kanako. Of all of the characters, she had the least pure motivations. When she'd gotten involved with her senpai, she immediately thought of Ayaka; her declaration of love was only reactionary--a bargaining chip for an orgasm. And at the end, she determines that she'll only act as childish as Ayaka wants her to--that she'll only show her "adult" self to her senpai. In the end, it feels like all of Kananko's intentions are pointing towards spiting Ayaka for not noticing her feelings or pursuing a relationship. It just feels like, although it's a consenting sexual relationship, she's not with the senpai because she actually loves her.

It would be interesting to see what happens to the character dynamics if Ayaka were to land a boyfriend or girlfriend, and Kanako no longer had Ayaka to cling to.

RJD2
Lemonade discussion 27 Apr 00:44
joined Apr 6, 2014

I feel like they'll get to high school and Yoko'll blossom, Maki will stay relatively boy-ish, and Keita will become interested in Yoko. And then Yoko and Maki's relationship will change out of pity and desperation. I hope that's not the way it's going to develop As it stands, I'd rather Maki blossom and an uphill battle start..And I'd also rather Keita not lose to Youko because he becomes a scumball.

Whatever it is (if anything) that triggers a relationship between Yoko and Maki, however, needs to be well developed.

Alternatively: the previous poster's proposed outcome is also a realistic and acceptable one.

last edited at Apr 27, 2014 12:48AM

RJD2
Lemonade discussion 06 Apr 03:27
joined Apr 6, 2014

While You Were Asleep (Of the Blue Colour of the Sky) played on repeat in my head before, during, and after chapter 14. Youko really is pitiable.