Forum › Posts by Time

joined Mar 30, 2016

I feel like Shimamura would be the one to fall in love first if Adachi stayed the same.

I agree it was actually kind of interesting seeing Shimamura being the one to fall for her first.

joined Mar 30, 2016

people are saying haruki’s arc is resolved but to me it isn’t? aya didn’t even answer her feelings and they just laid in the bed naked.... anyway i could see haruki sending the photo she received to mochida for revenge or something. sei will get exposed at her job and drama ensues

I agree with you on Haruhi not being resolved. I really don’t like this chapter. I hate it a lot. Why did Aya strip? Just because Haruhi did? Aya and Sei is toxic but they obviously feel something for each other. Aya doesn’t feel anything sexual or romantic for Haruhi and its terrible to lead Haruhi on and Haruhi is going for a horrible heartbreak. I don’t think Haruhi will give Aya’s nudes out when she wants Aya all to herself.
I just hate the fact that Aya just went along and strip and be naked with her friend just because she asked her to...

i agree i saw no point at all with them stripping down and holding each other. it gave me a wtf am i reading vibe. i didn’t understand aya’s motivation behind stripping but it didn’t even seem like she was that shocked with haruki stripping either? the whole tone of the chapter was weird lol. i didn’t enjoy this chapter too much either

joined Mar 30, 2016

people are saying haruki’s arc is resolved but to me it isn’t? aya didn’t even answer her feelings and they just laid in the bed naked.... anyway i could see haruki sending the photo she received to mochida for revenge or something. sei will get exposed at her job and drama ensues

I don’t think Haruki would send a photo of the girl she’s in love with. Remember, the picture doesn’t just damage Sei. It damages Aya too.

i don’t think right now in current time haruki would send the picture but i could see later events transpire to push her to send the photo. i think the photo sei sent will have consequences.

joined Mar 30, 2016

joined Mar 30, 2016

Am I the only one that enjoys messed up characters? Seeing how the character develops or reacts to situations is interesting to me lol.

Depends on how exactly they’re messed up and even more on what the author does with them, but yeah. That’s pretty much what “fiction” is.

I feel like when a character is messed up it’s harder to predict what they will do. I like the unpredictability from them. I agree with you though it takes a good author to actually write them.

joined Mar 30, 2016

Am I the only one that enjoys messed up characters? Seeing how the character develops or reacts to situations is interesting to me lol.

joined Mar 30, 2016

i fr thought thought this was serious.. i just thought it being weird was the joke

joined Mar 30, 2016

The nickname that Riko gives Sae- "Koeda"- literally means "Twig". Its a pun on Sae's kanji: "Little Branch".

Riko is written in Katakana, but if you use the kanji antecedents of her characters, her name would mean "selfishness" or "self interest".

does koike have any special kanji?

joined Mar 30, 2016

it doesn’t even seem like the guy is interested in sae anymore

joined Mar 30, 2016

Honestly don’t like Riko at all. It annoyed me how she just stood there and smiled while those girls were ganging up on Sae.

joined Mar 30, 2016

People saying this is "overdramatic" and not "authentic teenage experience", when I personally saw a lot of this scream crying arguing in my high school. Just because you personally didn't experience it doesn't mean there aren't any teenagers that act like this, and unfortunately for me I met A LOT in my time as a teen. (Also you guys do realize you are reading fiction right? Of course it's gonna be over the top...have some fun.)

Some things can be over the top in a good and interesting way! This however wasn’t in my opinion. What’s supposed to be a serious and emotional moment gets overthrown because the author thinks screaming the entire time carries emotional weight. I don’t disagree that teens get emotional it’s just with this narrative it seemed off putting and the screaming was just to overdramatize the scene.

joined Mar 30, 2016

Time posted:

I think comparing teenage girls and boys is not the right comparison to make because we are not the same lol. I’m a teenage girl and reading this felt so strange because it just didn’t seem like two real people interacting with each other. It seemed to be drawn deliberately to make things over the top. Now this is just my opinion of course but just my two cents.

There's a rather wide variety in how emotional teenage girls can get. My sister, for example, was so emotional when she was in the 12-15 year old range that you could make her burst into tears just by looking at her shortly after she got up. This chapter might be a bit overly emotional but it's far from unrealistic.

I would say about of 99% teens do not cry if you just look at them I say this by personal experience and going to school with them everyday. When I say unrealistic I just think the characters are speaking like they’re not even real people.

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 3:01AM

joined Mar 30, 2016

This chapter is overdramatic? At least for me. There's a lot of shouting going on, and it sucks that Nanaki just wants to be Kanade's number 1 gal pal. Disappointing.

youre right, teens are known to be peak mature and rational and not drown in a glass of water, v unrealistic

Finally, I've found another sensible person in these comments.
My brother is still in high school and him and all his friends are completely mature and never get emotional, loud or dramatic when faced with conflict ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I think comparing teenage girls and boys is not the right comparison to make because we are not the same lol. I’m a teenage girl and reading this felt so strange because it just didn’t seem like two real people interacting with each other. It seemed to be drawn deliberately to make things over the top. Now this is just my opinion of course but just my two cents.

joined Mar 30, 2016

This chapter was hilarious. Overdramatic as hell. I should feel sorry for both of them, but the way how they talking and shouting is too funny.

same lol but i never took this story that seriously in the first place

joined Mar 30, 2016

I’m confused why did Riko ignore Sae’s contest win in the first place?

joined Mar 30, 2016

I feel like we’ve all discussed what Adachi might possibly have but never Shimamura. Her current personality seems to stem from some sort of suppression especially compared to her younger self. Are there any disorders known to suppress yourself?

last edited at Feb 28, 2020 3:10AM

joined Mar 30, 2016

im not caught up yet so I won't be able to respond right away for fear of spoilers, but i really wanted to say this...

the more i read, the more it seems that adachi is on the spectrum. so many little things that seem to fit. rocking when excited, difficulty understanding the nuances of jokes, etc. cute!

I agree with you that seems like it could be a possibility too!

joined Mar 30, 2016

Even though I’m not sure about the multiple personality disorder thing I think it could still be a big possibility. Adachi’s psychotic break was over seven pages long I can’t imagine how she would react if she saw Shimamira hugging a girl. It actually seems scary to think about. I feel like blood would be shed.

joined Mar 30, 2016

I think it’s possible Adachi has multiple personality disorder. In the beginning of the novel she was calm towards Adachi. It seems as time has gone on Adachi has became more attached to Shimamira. I’m guessing Adachi seeing Shimamira with that girl at the festival caused some sort of psychotic break.

Time
Marionette discussion 29 Jun 18:30
joined Mar 30, 2016

Story had plot twist after plot twist

Time
joined Mar 30, 2016

I'm confused who the MC will end up with to be honest.. The rapist or the president lol.

joined Mar 30, 2016

this is definitley something...

joined Mar 30, 2016

I know it was supposed to be a happy ending but it still felt so sad to me...

joined Mar 30, 2016

I'm just imagining her putting the white powder on a table and just snorting a line lol..

Time
Killing Me! discussion 20 Jun 07:38
joined Mar 30, 2016

This is honestly one of my favorite series rn.. Expected it to be a comedy but its so much more.