Forum › Posts by Deihiru

Deihiru
Chandelier discussion 15 Dec 20:40
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Jesus Christ. First I though short-haired girl was some kind of serial killer that was murdering people who looked like Rika (and of course Rika), and then came the train panel. It's funny because I thought for sure that was the last page and I was both horrified by the sudden twists and impressed with the manga for ending on such a depressing note.

The actual ending was pretty nice and I liked it, btw.

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

I laughed so hard at those last pages. What a great ending.

But now I want to see more, not because I want Omegar girl to succumb to her desire (though it could still be fun), but because her dealing with her biological attraction to Prez's sister, particularly if Prez discovers her gf and her sister are "soulmates", would be a great trainwreck to watch.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Nice. We are getting to the monster eating human part of the story, which will most likely end up with someone getting killed.

As for the rest, I love how much of a dick Shiori is: "Praying for protection is useless as shown by your terrible results as a guardian". I like how it manages to insult Miko, Hinako and Hinako's dead family at the same time. Also, Miko is a great tortured soul. Hope she survives.

Btw, I'm kinda surprised it wasn't revealed the one who said "at least you have to live" to Hinako was Miko, but it seemed she only found out about her family being dead when they brought Hinako back.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Glad I finally decided to read this one.

Now, I just need a chapter where Asumi makes a girl cum, but like, in her bottom way.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

What matters here is that, while many of the girls may have had an eye on Toudou before, Toudou herself has admitted she was focused on Yomotsuka even before the love potion.

I'm omitting the rest of your response because I didn't want the comment to be too big, but I still wanted to make you know that I agreed with the points you brought.

So, I focused on this part because I also noticed in my rereading that Yomotsuka is the only one that gets a nice description that goes beyond the benefits dating her would bring to Toudou. She calls Yomotsuka smart, reliable and says she's got a strong sense of justice. Of the others, she can recognize and awknowledge they look cute or sexy, but they don't get more than a "this is who this person is and this is my relationship with them".

Sidenote, despite her initial attack being caused by love poison/potion, Yomotsuka was 100% right about Toudou being very charming even with her worst qualities.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

These are all some very good relationships.

Now, I'm rooting for Miko not to be killed here because that'll be a type of depressing I'm not sure this series intends to go for, but I may be wrong. Also, because her relationship with Hinako is very wholesome and I'm looking forward to the drama and angst of her finding out she wants to be eaten by Shiori.

As for Shiori, she's my best girl and I want all the things to happen to her. I can't help but love the monster who doesn't try to pretend she is not a monster.

Sidenote: Even if it gets to a point when Hinako would taste sublime but Shiori can't bring herself to eat her, would Hinako be happy about that?

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

A lot of this series, but this chapter in particular, is very well executed in a very on-brand Mochi mix of dirty and heartfelt. Toudou's denial of being a lesbian/into yuri is of course blatantly contradicted many times by now, but her construct of self-justification is also constantly attacked. We have seen her slip up about Yomotsuka in particular several times now (admitting she is her crush even before her supposed beloved teacher, admitting she enjoyed her molestations, finding her cool etc.), to the point where it is clear that she is more or less the "main heroine" if we went by harem terminology.

But Toudou still continues to cling to "I am just humoring her, because there will be (non-gay) benefits to me." Yomotsuka is rich and influential, so it is actually halfway believable that a scummy person would want to use her infatuation for her own gain. Yet the maid in this chapter completely throws this out the window by showing that if she were in an open relationships with Yomotsuka, her life would actually be in danger and she immediately is scared out of those self-serving thoughts. The ticket is her reason for being there and would be enough to justify doing something perverted in her mind (she braced for that much), but going any further would be at her own peril.

Yomotsuka's favor is entirely non-sexual however. She has been portrayed as a hardass and eccentric already equally, so it is clear she has a no nonsense attitude about her weird requests. Her skill at molestation in chapter 1 and her clear skill at sex in this chapter show that she seems more than familiar with lesbian intimacy, which explains why she was barely shaken by the fact that she was sexually attracted to Toudou after the potion wore off. Still, she just makes a banal (if eccentric) request. So all the sexual tension has to come from Toudou's side, who clearly got her hopes up and was more than willing to go along with it in the end.

What I find very important is that this first time was not under the influence of the love potion and that both sides consented completely. The story is entirely founded on a scummy drug plot, yet the genuine feelings and desires are those that matter in the end. The love potion is merely a jump-start to close a gap quickly and lead to realizations about the true nature of Toudou's sexuality. We have come to a point where Toudou has to either accept she is into yuri or turn sex and romantic affection into a "reward" for "playing along" with her victims/aggressors, much like her fantasizing about riches or influence used to be.

Although I wouldn't necessarily enjoy her sleeping her way through the roster of girls like an eroge harem protagonist, this is Mochi, so I will simply accept that it comes with the territory. I will insist, though, that Yomotsuka holds a special place in Toudou's heart as the only one she actually has shown serious romantic interest in. Giving all her firsts to her is certainly a good indicator that Mochi has the same idea.

I've been re-reading the manga and it's surprising how many times Toudou brings up Yomotsuka. It's in almost all chapters. When she's touching her kouhai she thinks about how Yomotsuka's touch was on another level, she threatens Shirashiro with telling Yomotsuka about her sword and it's dissapointed when Sports Girl's groping skills don't match up to Yomotsuka's.

I don't know how future chapters will develop Toudou's relationship with the other girls, but the one who did the greatest impact was Yomotsuka for sure.

Conversely, I'm really not feeling her relationship with glasses best friend. In the case they end up going further, I can just hope Toudou enjoys herself.

Deihiru
Murcielago discussion 28 Nov 19:39
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Ggrrrrr, YenPress keeps delaying vol.17 and it's getting real annoying. It was supposed to release in august, now the date is 30th of November (if they don't delay it again). That's almost a whole year after vol.16, what's up with that? >.>

It now says 21st of december and I'm waiting to buy it. Praying it doesn't get moved to january 2022.

I'm also been keeping up with the raws, I barely understand anything but it looks like a detective conan episode.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Toudou-san: Okay, we can fuck but you had better destroy this pussy like your life depends on it!
Yomotsuka-san: Challenge accepted

Challenge completed successfully!

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

President is best girl. She better not me snatched away by that psycho maid.

Now, I'm perfectly okay with the Harem route, but only if they start showing some chemistry between MC and them. So far the only ones I thought could work are Pres and maybe that tsundere kouhai.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

That creepy maid was hilarious. Hope she becomes a part of the Harem.

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

I'm feeling sad because it's over, but also so happy because of what a ride it was and how much I grew to love the characters (ok, I mean almost exclusively Yuu, but Touko and Sayaka, along with Koyomi's potential affair with that author lady took a solid 10% of my love).

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Chapter 44 raws:
https://imgur.com/a/uTxkEwN

We did it, folks!

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

https://imgur.com/a/42gPXkr Ch 41 Raws.

They are so fucking cute!
I thought I was going to lose interest once Touko and Yuu were together, but thankfully I was wrong.

Deihiru
Deihiru
Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Too short. It does get the point across, but as someone who does enjoy stories that focus on cheating and unhealthy dinamics, I would have liked to see more of those two's relationship.

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

I've also wondered if there is any significance to the recording of the play. I mean, no one but Touko's friend has seen it, and it makes me think that there's something in the CD that will become important to the plot (though it may also just be there as a reminder for both Touko and Yuu of how much each became a part of the other's life).

Not just her, Miyako also saw it. Well, both of Touko's friends (Midori and Manaka) and Yuu had a copy of it in her room, but idk it it was meant to be very important.

You're right, I completely forgot about Miyako mentioning she watched the recording. Still, Touko's friends burned a DVD for everybody (though I'm unsure if they meant everybody in the Karaoke at the moment,or everybody in the StuCo), but at the time both Yuu and Sayaka were against them playing it right there, so I was under the impression only Midori and Manaka had actually watched it at the time.

Tbh, I don't know what exactly I want to see, even if it turns out the DVD actually ends up being important for the big "Touko x Yuu reconciliation".

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

I think that whatever path leads to Yuu sorting out and finally getting to better understand her feelings will begin with Maki. I can see him trying to confront Yuu about the recent change in hers and Touko's relationship, but ultimately being unable to truly get to her. From then on, I could see several characters getting involved: Rei and Koyomi are the most likely options, but I personally would love it if it was Natsuki, or Riko sensei.

I've also wondered if there is any significance to the recording of the play. I mean, no one but Touko's friend has seen it, and it makes me think that there's something in the CD that will become important to the plot (though it may also just be there as a reminder for both Touko and Yuu of how much each became a part of the other's life).

Deihiru
Oddman 11 discussion 17 Dec 17:54
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Just today I was re-reading the raws for these exact chapters! I'm so happy to finally understand what they say. Also, I like how it seems Setsu has a thing for crossdressing.

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Part of the reason I've come to love these type of slow paced stories, is that now we're in a place where we could see a bunch of interesting character interactions before we get to the sweet catharsis of our main characters figuring out feelings are dumb and they do love each other romantically (and in other ways). I for one would love to see what Rei, Miki, Koyomi and Natsuki have to do and say about Yuu's current heartbroken state, and specially, what Sayaka has to say once she finds out about Touko and Yuu's bizarre arrangement.

Deihiru
1 x ½ discussion 26 Feb 23:03
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Actually, now that it's come to this, Akira might make a surprisingly strong addition to the story. I know people hate love triangles, but the biggest tension in Ayako and Asuka's potential relationship - okay, the second biggest tension in their potential relationship - is that Ayako may be looking at her daughter as a substitute for her husband, right? Asuka has half his DNA, etc. Well, if that's her motivation, then doesn't Akira serve that purpose much better than Asuka ever could? Not only does she share much of the husband's DNA, she shares Ayako's pain of having lost him, she's an adult, and, y'know, she's not her goddamn daughter. That's (usually) a bonus.

If Ayako wants a replacement, Akira is eminently the best person for the job in every way. If Ayako chooses Asuka anyway, then it'll be because of Asuka's unique qualities as an individual, and not because of her similarity to her father. Or it'll be because Ayako secretly has a massive incest fetish and just thinks it's totally hot to get it on with a family member, but shhhhhhh, never mind that.

This is a really great analysis of this development. Usually, introducing characters this late in a story is really bad, and still kinda is here because there was no foreshadowing to Akira's existence whatsoever. However, as you've said, her introduction is fortuitous and is the perfect dilemma we need at this stage of the narrative.

Personally, I hope it does end in incest. I mean, that's what the story is catering to and it would feel disingenuous if their relationship was thrown away for the late-entry college sister-in-law. Also, I don't know if Asuka could handle being a part of the family after having been accepted then later "dumped," for all intents and purposes.

I said this earlier, but we're all going to hell for reading this.

I'm fine with that. I don't actually believe in hell anyway.

And I hope you two are right because I'll feel cheated if this story doesn't end with the mom and daughter together (I'm willing to accept a time skip, but only because I want more adult daughter x mother yuri out there).

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Always loving her work, as manipulative or selfish her characters can be.

I think I love her stories specifically because of the characters being like that. It's more interesting for me when love stories, and fictional relationships in general, involve different kinds of complicated and negative emotions and thoughts between the characters.

Deihiru
Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

Just finished re-reading, and there was this exchange in Ch 19 between Yuu and her black haired friend that I found very interesting. Basically, it was about how Yuu works really hard to finish whatever she starts, but that at the same time, she never gets emotionally invested enough in it for the final outcome, be it good or bad, to cause a strong reaction in her, and how her relationship with Touko was the first time Yuu has been so absorbed by anything.

I think is foreshadowing of how Yuu's confesing her love to Touko, and I don't believe (Or at least, I'll find it more interesting) that she is going to lose that particular match. Whatever that implies.