Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ugh Kaoru is such a disgustingly manipulative person. Shizuka really should have cut her out of her life.

joined Oct 13, 2014

wow this really is like "what does the fox say". at least with this pair

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I was excepting no hoping for this. Finally somethings happening.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Ugh Kaoru is such a disgustingly manipulative person. Shizuka really should have cut her out of her life.

Ayup. However, at a stroke this chapter was salvaged for me by the brilliant ridiculousness of the Perfect Sandwiiich! Well played.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

In love with the art, man o man, if i only could draw like this...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

That girl is poison

A
joined May 24, 2013

Well she tried to, and it didn't go so well.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Only because she didn't stick with it. I find it extraordinarily unlikely that Kaoru was actually a real danger to herself considering how much of an egoist she is. She wasn't trying to kill herself she was going on a hunger strike to guilt-trip Shizuka into continuing to put up with her awful behaviour.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

wow this really is like "what does the fox say". at least with this pair

Totally got that vibe this chapter
Kaoru disturbs me a bit
Lmao the perfect sandwich in the end tho, took the weight of this chapter off my chest

joined May 20, 2013

Only because she didn't stick with it. I find it extraordinarily unlikely that Kaoru was actually a real danger to herself considering how much of an egoist she is. She wasn't trying to kill herself she was going on a hunger strike to guilt-trip Shizuka into continuing to put up with her awful behaviour.

Well if that's a risk you're willing to take, then you are stronger than Shizuka.

joined Oct 13, 2014

think ur confusing hunger strike with depression.it happens...trust me on that.

the only reason she got better is because shizuka forgave her but not enough to become lovers again which is what kaoru desperately wants.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Much as I wish MahiMahi were actual twins (and much as I think Kishi-sensei wants the readers to basically view them that way while avoiding the letter of whatever editorial or other pressures it might have caused) the character summary page from vol. 6 calls them "擬似双子," which means "pseudo-twins."

Since there seems to be some question on it, that page also lists the class years for all the characters:

1st Years:
Mahiro
Mahiru
Yuu
Mari
Nao
Mayu (Kaoru's kohai toy)
Mio (Ichinose)
Mariri
Midori (new character later in vol. 5)

2nd Years:
Ai
Chie
Michiru
Airi
Ayano
Miyoshi
Honoka
Alicia
Onoda (she isn't given a first name)
Yumimi
Mayuyu

3rd Years:
Kaoru
Shizuka
Nononon

I knew this had many characters... but wow, those are more than I thought. I don't remember any names, only Ai and Chie... which are the only ones I care enough to.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I really don't like Kaoru

Well i also was wondering too if Shizuka actually still loves Kaoru that way...'cuz DAMN she doesn't really RESIST THOSE DIRTY HANDS OF KAORU!!! WHAT ABOUT THE PURE-HEARTED KOHAI?!?! OH WHAT BETRAYAL! O_O

last edited at Apr 20, 2016 9:08PM by

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I despise Kaoru, I just hate characters like her tbh.

Dtrebolbadluck
%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

I really hate kaoru now ;___; why is she doing that to senpai ;A;

Viradynastyicon1
joined Jul 1, 2014

Kaoru is gorgeous and awful.
I love her.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Kaoru is totally voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki in Maria from Arakawa Under the Bridge type voice.

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

kaoru playing mind games. scary.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

So who is gonna shut down Kaoru? Shizuka, maybe Mayu?
Will Kaoru go on the offensive against Ichinose?

Whatever happens, Kaoru scares me.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

damn kaoru, you're mean as fuck

damn last pag, you ow m a nw kyboard

99d9b2dbc2494ead698e256216325ade
joined Oct 3, 2015

the yaoi bait at the end tho throws up

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Kaoru is gorgeous and awful.
I love her.

my exact sentiments.

you have to admit, Kaoru really knows how to push Shizuka's buttons.

btw, the yaoi is like whoa. it's so risqué! now what i've been wondering is if these are the pages Honoka and Alicia have ben working on and were they added at the end as a teaser?

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 1:07AM

joined Mar 8, 2016

I feel like most of you are biased about Kaoru because you got invested in the Shizuka/Mio pairing from all the earlier chapters with just them. Yes, she is absolutely abusing her effortless charm and BWOC status to try to seduce Shizuka again, but why not? She knows that the woman she loves got away due to her selfishness and feels (right or wrong) that a direct push past Shizuka's barriers is the way to get her back. In her mind Mio (Ichinose, The Kohai, whatever) is just a distraction, a plaything, a little girl who's not playing in the big leagues with them.

Now, it's pretty clear we're supposed to read deeper feelings than that for Mio on Shizuka's part, but I feel like in a different context you'd be rooting for Kaoru. Shizuka and Mio aren't married or even dating, and Kaoru wants her woman back. :3

(I mean, we know that won't happen, because this manga doesn't deal in that deep of drama if the younger girl is spurned... but then again, Kaoru will bring the drama herself if she's ultimately totally rejected, and there's no one else on the horizon for her - I don't think she'd seriously consider a relationship with Mayu or any younger girl, she just likes to exercise her powers on them)

(And yes, I think the Kaoru character is fantastic - she is bringing a lot to the table here. Although my favorite pair is Mari and Yuu and my favorite character is Miyoshi. :D)

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 1:30AM

joined May 20, 2013

the yaoi bait at the end tho throws up

yeah i just skip those with the quickness and shrug as people spam the thread with sandwich talk

Not complaining, i'm just in your camp.

To reply you must either login or sign up.