Forum › Stretch discussion

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Because smut,subtext and bad end are sell like hotcakes.

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 10:35PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

I wasn't particularly butthurt about the lack of yuri originally, but it feels like he stuck the boot in a little there.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

I'm glad they're such good friends.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Now this is a much better ending. Thanks, Shou! Now fuck everything forever.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I'm glad they're such good friends.

SUPERfriends

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Ran is soooo gay I'm just glad to see her gayness again.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Knowing they'll never get together.

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 11:22PM by drpepperfan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always see it as Ran's gay as fuck while Keiko's still figuring it out, and is pretty sure that Ran's gay as fuck and isn't put off by that.

Seriously, the ending is what happens before a time skip in a romance story, followed by them getting together in the end. It's like Shou left that part out.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

super friends....

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

I always see it as Ran's gay as fuck while Keiko's still figuring it out, and is pretty sure that Ran's gay as fuck and isn't put off by that.

Seriously, the ending is what happens before a time skip in a romance story, followed by them getting together in the end. It's like Shou left that part out.

Its a crush.. i doubt Ran is very gay from the beginning.. she just has a feeling on Keiko..

I demand a sequel... sniffle...sniffle...

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Its a crush.. i doubt Ran is very gay from the beginning.. she just has a feeling on Keiko..

Dunno about that. I feel like I remember it being clear she had no interest in men (and for a long time).

Then again, I seem to recall her not having much interest in romance in general.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's been a while since I read this but did she tho? She did call it super friendship after all
Man, it's like my mind blocked it out after the ending, I hardly remind anything. I think I remembered them as gayish but after that ending + extra, idk what to believe anymore

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

ran and keiko. gal pals for life 'til death do them part

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lol Faust, looks like manga is different from reality in the way that, in reality, actions means more than words but in manga, words means more than actions.
That has been my issue with subtext for sooooooooooo long, like... You can be gay as fuck and maybe go as far as to dream with her but if she doesn't say Lovers then is not romance, then it remains as #nohomo

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I call bullshit - if they're super-friends, what are their powers and where are the comic relief companion animals?

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I call bullshit - if they're super-friends, what are their powers and where are the comic relief companion animals?

If they can't combine rings and morph, what kind of super is that?!

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

form of yuri teasing, shape of promises!...

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Fuck it, I'll take it. Next is the sequel!

Shou pls

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Even Saki gets the yuri vibes from them.

My opinion is that Ran is demiromantic with Keiko, but that they both came to an understanding that it wouldn't go further than "super-friendship".

The author obviously wanted to address what kind of relationship they have and this is the answer he came up with. They are a couple which does not have sex.

Does not mean they couldn't enter a romantic relationship with someone else though.

last edited at Apr 17, 2016 8:16AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ah such a great ending!

I'm glad to see Shou pushing the envelope just enough to confirm a romantic interest between Ran and Keiko but without being overt about it. More authors should learn a thing or two from him.

Is weird that this bonus was just three pages long though, previous ones have been four pages long. Oh well, isn't a big loss, isn't like he would throw the baby out the window in the next page, right?

Seriously, fuck that final page so hard

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Please shou for the love of all that's good and holy do another yuri series, I love his art so much it hurts me, even the guys he's drawn in this series are cute tbh. This extra was what my heart needed too. They're super friends for now, but someday they will be true yuri, maybe we won't see it but it's true, never give up that little hope.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

An extra that is pretty much in full agreement with the on-the-fence style of the whole manga. Lots of things were hinted at but never followed up on, some major developments never explained and now we have a pretty medium and not well-done extra.

When all is said and done, it proved to be an unmemorable experience.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Please shou for the love of all that's good and holy do another yuri series,

Don't you mean "do a yuri series"?

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Want more chapter!!!! I feel so sad that they need to be separated but now they meet again I want more of their story.... I want a new a beginning where the true romance will bloom...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Please shou for the love of all that's good and holy do another yuri series,

Don't you mean "do a yuri series"?

Nah he did Prism before.

God damn it, Prism was so good...

To reply you must either login or sign up.