Forum › Stretch discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Isn't this a case of people expecting something that Shou didn't promise? I agree the ending was unsatisfying, but not because of the lack of yuri. It was clear practically from the start he wouldn't do anything overt, and it wasn't published in a yuri magazine in the first place.

This is one big case of fan entitlement, and crying because your fantasies weren't fulfilled by someone who never said they would in the first place.

I was personally just a bit disappointed that there was no yuri developments but that's not where any of my criticisms stem from at all. Even without yuri the story was still rather interesting up until those last several chapters which were just not very good at all.

Not disagreeing at all there, the ending wasn't well told at all. Something I addressed in detail when it happened, it came off as rushed and incomplete, with major plot elements waved away or not dealt with at all.

But you're not doing what I'm talking about, which is coming up with a weird fan theory that Shou maliciously had a not-clearly-yuri ending specifically to target and punish yuri fans, apparently with the publisher in on the conspiracy for....um.....reasons.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

But you're not doing what I'm talking about, which is coming up with a weird fan theory that Shou maliciously had a not-clearly-yuri ending specifically to target and punish yuri fans, apparently with the publisher in on the conspiracy for....um.....reasons.

I forget where I was actually intending to go with that anyways, lol. Whoops!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And wait, didn't Shou have a collaborator on this project? Like a co-author or something?

joined Oct 12, 2013

Like usual, y'all started this shit, but I'm finishin' it.

A handful of posts over the past several months? I can't say I don't agree with the sentiment, but I don't think there was much to finish.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Like usual, y'all started this shit, but I'm finishin' it.

A handful of posts over the past several months? I can't say I don't agree with the sentiment, but I don't think there was much to finish.

I like to set achievable goals.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

In another manga, there was a character who after sexually teased her ex-partner to the point of extremely arousal, then just leave said ex-partner on hang while she goes around to fool with another girl. It was done just so she can enjoy seeing the ex-partner all frustrated but unable to do anything about that.

DS community immediately described the former as a 'cruel bitch', 'f*cked up c*nt' or 'messed up nutjob'.

That is you, Show. That is exactly you.

Yo, can i get a link to the manga, or a name? thanks. <3

he didn't make Prism yuri

Prism was definitely yuri, rincewind. Even better, it dealt with realistic issues, and even ended (was cancelled) on a hopeful note. Knowing Shou, based on all his other works, if Prism continued, the couple would have ended up splitting apart due to geographical distance. It's his go-to ending.

Stretch, I mean stretch!!

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Don't want to sound impatient, but is there any news regarding the translation of the Volume 4 extras?

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

Don't want to sound impatient, but is there any news regarding the translation of the Volume 4 extras?

I wrote a comment on the blog but has not been answered, it seems to have been ignored by accident. I will write a new comment to see what happens.

Edit:

Boon replied:

"Ah, sorry for not replying straight away. I'd seen your comment and downloaded your scans too. Thank you for scanning the pages. I have yet to check if I can clean/process them in a way that they look presentable.

It might take a while though as I've been very busy with work and other projects. Sorry for that."

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 3:33PM

joined Dec 8, 2013

I appreciate the update! I'll continue waiting. ^_^

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

The mangaka said they might work on a sequel to this right? And it might have a development between the relationship of the two? What happened to that?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

The mangaka said they might work on a sequel to this right? And it might have a development between the relationship of the two? What happened to that?

"Womance" happened

Edit: Fudge, was it supposed to be blacked out?

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 2:30AM

joined Dec 8, 2013

I'm still not clear on what Womance was about. Did it take place before or after volume 4?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

neversung posted:

I'm still not clear on what Womance was about. Did it take place before or after volume 4?

Volume 4
Start reading from top of page 156
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/147120
spoilers alert

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 2:30AM

joined Dec 8, 2013

neversung posted:

Volume 4
Start reading from top of page 156
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/147120
spoilers alert

Well yeah I've been keeping up with the thread. It's just, we don't have translations for any of the 4-komas I can't figure out what they're about or when they take place, is my point.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well yeah I've been keeping up with the thread. It's just, we don't have translations for any of the 4-komas I can't figure out what they're about or when they take place, is my point.

Previous extras weren't really continuations of the story, so they were just that. Extras. The 4th volume one is more like an epilogue so it's a few weeks/months after the end of the manga. Even if it isn't weeks/months after the end, it's still after the last chapter.

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 6:10AM

joined Dec 8, 2013

Previous extras weren't really continuations of the story, so they were just that. Extras. The 4th volume one is more like an epilogue so it's a few weeks/months after the end of the manga. Even if it isn't weeks/months after the end, it's still after the last chapter.

Awesome! I was "worried" that we'd have no insight into whether Ran and Keiko meet again, so it's nice to hear that. :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I have no hope for this ship. I'll read it as just another friendship manga. PLA-TO-NIC.
It'll be all in your head other yuri shippers

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

The final volume extra was translated.

"Super" friends confirmed.

The bitter feelings I had regarding the series have faded, though. My major criticism against it isn't concerning the lack of "romantic" resolution, assuming things, but that the ending came out of nowhere with almost no explanation (or none, I don't really remember) and then it kind of just...finished.

It wasn't handled well, even though the rest of the manga was handled really well.

Oh well.

EDIT: Reading over the pages of this thread since the ending hit, I remember why I loved this series once upon a time (and it's not because of any lilies). This was written so nicely for so long, handling interesting issues in a mature way. It's like, Stretch is this beautiful fucking quilt that Shou was knitting lovingly for a long time, and he nearly finished it off, but at the end he tugged away a crucial string and the whole fucking thing fell the fuck apart, leaving this pile of beautiful threads but it was just that: beautiful threads. It isn't whole or complete and there's no meaning in it.

I'll probably end up writing an essay on this series one day. Hmm...I wonder if I should tag it as yuri. It seems to have at least one lesbian...

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 5:27PM by Nezchan

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Super subtext ending but at least better than the last normal chapter.
Still, the flirting and hearts in the background can't fool the third whe- I mean their friend right there.

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 5:27PM by Nezchan

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Yeah, I had my heart broken by Stretch. At the moment, all I can see is Ran crawling into a bottle and staying there, poor girl. She's got it bad for Keiko.

So much of Stretch is so good, it would have had a guaranteed place in the yuri canon had it gone that route. Alas.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Shou went full troll in the extra.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

praise the weeb lord she hath brought us a new stretch chapter

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

"Womance"

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Stretch extra. Just to add a little yuri bait to your everyday life!

This time.. could it be !? ---> SUPER FRIENDSHIP . Nope.

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 10:22PM

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

just gals being pals

To reply you must either login or sign up.