Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Firefox_02_23_23_58-070
joined Oct 17, 2025

I don't know, Shu seems a bit feisty and scrappy. It would be interesting

She was really only feisty before because she was misunderstanding how she felt towards Aya, and Aya was an ever present force in their group so she was always on guard. That chapter that revealed she had a crush on her was both her finally opening to herself and somewhat to Aya, kinda softening her a bit. Nothing so far shows she would feel aggressiveness towards Mitsuki - jealousy? Definitely.

I kinda can see a future where Mitsuki confronts Shu for mistaking her flirting with her girlfriend in front of her that night at the bar. I just want more Shu tbh...

Bori4
joined Jul 5, 2026

I don't know, Shu seems a bit feisty and scrappy. It would be interesting

She was really only feisty before because she was misunderstanding how she felt towards Aya, and Aya was an ever present force in their group so she was always on guard. That chapter that revealed she had a crush on her was both her finally opening to herself and somewhat to Aya, kinda softening her a bit. Nothing so far shows she would feel aggressiveness towards Mitsuki - jealousy? Definitely.

I kinda can see a future where Mitsuki confronts Shu for mistaking her flirting with her girlfriend in front of her that night at the bar. I just want more Shu tbh...

Jealousy = bro fight <3

SmallFriendlyScorpion
Masaki%20&%20honda%20civic
joined Apr 25, 2020

牛郎 Mitsuki & 織女 Aya
absolute cinema

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

I'm not sure what's up with that zebra, but I'd buy him a beer and a couple of shots. Hell for that effort, I'd just get him hammered. Gotta give appreciation to the Wing-men/women of the world, otherwise a lot of us wouldn't be here.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's also pretty hard to tell if this was supposed to be a flashback or not.

Black page background color: Flashback
White page background color: Present times

It's kind of a general manga code :-) so it's useful o have them in mind.

I mean, even if this wasn't true, Chapter 169 unambiguously starts with Aya's hangover and leads directly into the summer festival, and Chapter 170 is that festival. There's nothing here that indicates there's a flashback, it's very obviously and explicitly not one.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

I'm not sure what's up with that zebra, but I'd buy him a beer and a couple of shots. Hell for that effort, I'd just get him hammered. Gotta give appreciation to the Wing-men/women of the world, otherwise a lot of us wouldn't be here.

the album cover features a zebra

Chocolate Cake
Cat_avatar
joined Jul 1, 2025

Hopefully, this epiphanic dream isn't just here to tease us. The song itself seems more depressing to me.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Hum - Stars for those wondering about the zebra.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Hopefully this is the start of their resolution to not communicating... At least this time around

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I'm not sure what's up with that zebra, but I'd buy him a beer and a couple of shots. Hell for that effort, I'd just get him hammered. Gotta give appreciation to the Wing-men/women of the world, otherwise a lot of us wouldn't be here.

Doing the work even in her dreams. I agree. Cute chapter continuing the star festival theme and fun way to represent some of her beliefs about herself. I always enjoy restless chapters when they come. Aya is being slightly crushed but we'll worry about that once the song is over.

Hum - Stars for those wondering about the zebra

They show it in the chapter but thanks for the link!

last edited at Jul 12, 2026 7:33AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Was literally just at a Stars (and Metric) concert. Nice.

joined Feb 22, 2018

In case some people didn't catch the reference, the chapter title and Aya's dream are both references to Orihime and Hikoboshi, the Star crossed couple at the heart of Tanabata (July 7).

last edited at Jul 12, 2026 7:58AM

Portrait
joined Feb 28, 2018

Dreams are weird. ((I say despite not having any.))

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

Was literally just at a Stars (and Metric) concert. Nice.

i made the same mistake at first, but stars is the song, hum is the band

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm amazed Aya sleeps with earbuds in her ears. That would seem hella uncomfortable to me. Plus, don't most people roll around in their sleep? How do they stay in? Mystifying.

last edited at Jul 12, 2026 8:42AM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Another thing that I really liked about this chapter is that we get to see Mao and Chizuru again.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I'm amazed Aya sleeps with earbuds in her ears. That would seem hella uncomfortable to me. Plus, don't most people roll around in their sleep? How do they stay in? Mystifying.

Tossing and turning in your sleep occasionally is relatively normal, but if it happens frequently it's usually a sign of poor quality sleep, either due to stress and anxiety, poor sleeping habits, or a medical condition like sleep apnea or insomnia. Personally, I used to be a heavy roller until I got my CPAP, and now it seems like I only ever roll to get onto my back if I start sleep on my side.

joined Nov 21, 2022

I was confused at first. I thought that was the Canadian band Stars on the screen. Thought it may have been a song I never heard of before.

last edited at Jul 12, 2026 10:48AM

Drop-your-favourite-sua-fan-official-art-and-ill-rate-them-v0-6mdt3s3iafof1
joined Jan 22, 2026

most beautiful chapter in a whileeee, let's hope this kickstarts their communication and reconciliation

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was beautiful. ^_^

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

In case some people didn't catch the reference, the chapter title and Aya's dream are both references to Orihime and Hikoboshi, the Star crossed couple at the heart of Tanabata (July 7).

Yep, this story was pretty cute. Aya beckoning her across, and Mitsuki struggling to join her until music literally becomes their bridge was very sweet.

Thomasina Pontier
342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I think we begin to understand what is wrong with Mitsuki. hSe things that her guitar is the only means to unite her with Aya. By stop playing the guitar, the relationship will end sooner or later. We do not know if Mitsuki really has given up on playing (highly unlikely, she is just having a artistic crisis), but by delaying making a decision as long as possible, including avoid telling Aya, can avoid the potential break up (in heer mind). Aya was with her not because of only the guitar.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

but what if i die

Kuroko-railgun
joined Jul 21, 2024

it's like a mini version of Aya and mitsuki
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch172#2

never mind just got to page 4...

last edited at Jul 19, 2026 2:00AM

Leaping%20cow
joined Sep 27, 2017

Time to throw hands!

Also I was wondering if we’d see more from the series delving into the sexuality of it, and potentially tackle homophobia, looks like this chapter answers that question.

To reply you must either login or sign up.