Forum › A World Without Freedom discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh god, this is a russian doll of misery and misunderstandings.

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

Hahah this is pathetic.
->joining the haters team

I hate this but I also like it.
Feeling conflicted

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hahah this is pathetic.
->joining the haters team

lmao you didn't like this the first time, don't make it sound like it got worse
Why keep reading and keep bashing it if you already think it's bad? You've already made it very clear, not enough people know you hate it or something?

last edited at May 3, 2016 12:25PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Huh...the theme is so twisted, im rooting for glasses girl but maybe the "love triangle" is fuel/plot device to get younger girl to change her ways, like she initially started it just to have sempaii by her side?
I dunno im totally grasping here since i've only read these translated ch's on Dynasty...and the intro of nice guy and more details to the event have me wondering where this'll go...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This one remind me of that relationship between Yomi and that white/blond haired girl from BRS anime,... if not ova, kinda forget xD.
And, i dont mind reading more of kodama naoko works.

http://blackrockshooter.wikia.com/wiki/Kagari_Izuriha

Her obsession with Yomi is extremely possessive, and she forbids Yomi from making any friends, declaring that Yomi is "hers", and demanding that Yomi "take responsibility". According to the second episode, she has been devoted like this to Yomi ever since they were small children and was broken when Yomi went overseas for a few years due to her father's job. She is not subtle about her like or dislike of someone, offering Mato what she calls the "dirty colors" of her macarons and giving her an ugly doll. She has her own doll named Mary, which she sometimes talks through. The second episode reveals that she is not actually disabled, but she seems to have caused herself to believe that she is. She also has a fear of the outside world.

Fits.

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

lmao you didn't like this the first time, don't make it sound like it got worse

Yeap, second chapter is somehow even worse than the first one.

Why keep reading and keep bashing it if you already think it's bad?

It's actually only the second chapter of totally how many? 50 pages? I've read one-shots larger than this, but you're making it sound like I invest lots of time in this just to be spiteful. Sometimes you got to dive deeper to find out your first impression was false.

You've already made it very clear, not enough people know you hate it or something?

So it's fine to give any comments unless they are negative? Or it's fine only if i describe what exactly is wrong with the story that got less logic than a hentai doujinshi?

joined Apr 12, 2014

damn this is good

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hah, not even gonna hate on this one, but damn is it corny

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kodama Naoko at her best.

Sparking flamewars on Dynasty since 2010.

joined Aug 7, 2014

I could enjoy this, trashy as it is*, if there weren't the rape backstory. It really doesn't have to go there, as long as you have even the slightest bit of creativity. At this point it just feels pointlessly cruel and makes me lose all my interest because it doesn't seem worth it. Kind of a shame.

*until developments disappoint, which is always a likely possibility with this kind of story

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I just don't get anything out of reading this. Netsuzou Trap was at least tolerable because I had the main couple to cheer for and I'm really not hard to please. The relationship here, I really hate it right now. Maybe that was the purpose in the first place...

Despite all that, it doesn't matter since I'll definitely keep reading anyway, lol.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I could enjoy this, trashy as it is*, if there weren't the rape backstory.

I feel like so many things use rape as the Ultimate Drama Torture that I don't react to it in fiction anymore. I'm completely desensitised to it as a narrative device.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

If I was Reo I would tell Meiko that I'll always be her friend but she needs to go to a therapist and sort her mental state out. Also Reo needs to go to therapy and overcome her guilt as she did nothing wrong. Basically everyone needs therapy in this manga. But, that’s why it’s a drama manga so the problems don't get solved easily instead they get dragged out

The thing that would make this manga better is if Meiko changes and stops being a controlling person. I want to see the change happen then I can support Reo X Meiko ship but for now I ship glasses girl with Reo.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I could enjoy this, trashy as it is*, if there weren't the rape backstory.

I feel like so many things use rape as the Ultimate Drama Torture that I don't react to it in fiction anymore. I'm completely desensitised to it as a narrative device.

It's basically the lazy way to make a tragic backstory for a female character. Hell, sometimes it seems like the only way, given how overused it is.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Based on the high school relationship, I think that Reo x Meiko is really cute. I can root for them if Meiko gets her shit together. I also do like how they show Reo as not exactly mindless and does try to talk back, but because of her guilt, she can't do much more. I think I like this better than Netsuzu Trap because so far none of the characters are as spineless and ignorant as the MC there.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Yuri girl be a manipulative bitch xD well, I will read it, even though I don't really like it much, why the hell not? Got the time

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

If I was Reo I would tell Meiko that I'll always be her friend but she needs to go to a therapist and sort her mental state out. Also Reo needs to go to therapy and overcome her guilt as she did nothing wrong. Basically everyone needs therapy in this manga. But, that’s why it’s a drama manga so the problems don't get solved easily instead they get dragged out

The thing that would make this manga better is if Meiko changes and stops being a controlling person. I want to see the change happen then I can support Reo X Meiko ship but for now I ship glasses girl with Reo.

this plot is nonsense... I understand that experience can change someone but this slave thing is waaaaaaaay too exaggerated and you can tell... which makes it seem really dumb... much like most of the works of this mangaka >.> only Renai Manga was good because it was a comedy so this sort of theme fitted the story.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

That boy was literal Pre-Takeda
I knew that boy will be trouble in the future and in the past

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Lol what's Takeda doing here...

Man it's sad to see how toxic Reo and Meiko's relationship has become. They were much more cheerful in the flash backs before she was "injured" as she so eloquently explains it.

I do like how this author has some dark themes and relationships, even though the whole rape thing is a cliche. If they were gonna put rape in their story, at least make it yuri, like Meiko being taken down a peg by her classmates because they want to show her who the alpha females are hehe... sorry I'll stop talking about my fantasies here.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I like the black haired girl. it would be interesting if reo and glasses girl were set up together in this story, because then the relationship between Reo and Meiko would need to evolve and it wouldn't be as corny.
Still, whenever someone in a story tells someone they are cute and then they take off the glasses and are gorgeous, I want to facepalm...

joined May 3, 2016

I'm kinda curious whats gonna happen let's see

joined Dec 13, 2013

I like Naoko cuz of these twisted dark stories that we don't see a lot in yuri, but I agree with the person that said the rape backstory kind of ruined it. It makes me a lil heh to see it, especially because she's blaming another girl and not the aggressor itself.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Aw yiss, this is exactly the kind of development I was hoping for.

Now lets double down on it! Two former victims of sexual violence enter, one girl leaves.
I hope this goes full LOVE/DEATH with Reo on the sidelines having a mental breakdown because she just can't handle the femme on femme violence.

slightly more seriously:
I knew Glasses girl was hardcore, I knew it. Please don't let me down Kodama, please don't turn this drama into personal angst/wank. Go big instead, I want them to go to f*cking war over that p̶r̶e̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶c̶i̶n̶n̶a̶m̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ poor tomboy.

last edited at May 3, 2016 8:12PM

joined May 3, 2016

I was lurking for few years but never make an account. Now it's time.
I hate this and i love this. I know that I'll read next chapter, all the way to the end, and I'm already feeling emotional pain.
I must be a masochist, for keeping on reading such depressing stories... Like Netsuzou Trap wasn't bad enough.
I would love if Naoko-sensei made more oneshots like Summer Splash! and Everyday Lingerie, since her art suits fluffy stories very well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.