Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Jul 23, 2019

The “bog” was a term much beloved by schoolboys, and may have reflected the squelchy nature underfoot.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!
All-boy schools are so filthy and disgusting, squelchy toilet floors yuck yuck yuck.

As opposed to all-girl schools?

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

New chapter is Honoka/Eli and it’s super cute. I noticed Kishi posted some sketches of short-hair Shizuka on Twitter so hopefully we circle back around to her and Mio soon, I wanna know how that shakes out

joined Feb 18, 2015

Love the credits page!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

New chapter is Honoka/Eli and it’s super cute.

I just saw the raws of that and oh, GOD it really is :P

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

“Toilet” denotes the act of cleansing/washing. So do “lavatory” & “washroom”, but no mention is made of the real reason for the visit.

In defence of these terms, it should be noted that the proper usage of such facilites does, indeed, involve an element of washing.

Or, at least, it should do.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Well that was extremely homosexual

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Has there been any indication of when this will conclude? It has been over a decade and as great as it is the relationships can only be teased so long

It's fucking wild this has been running for a decade now, the only other yuri I can think of off the top of my head that is still going after a decade is Yuru Yuri. But to badly answer your question I have no idea lol, haven't seen anything on Kishi's twitter signaling an end is in sight anyways. A lot of these relationships feel like they have a long way to go.

Pretty impressive that the series has survived so long, especially considering 4 magazine jumps (though, for such a long-running series, this isn't that unusual). I remember a time, perhaps a year ago, perhaps two, when the series appeared to be in danger. Kishi tweeted out that the continuation of the series would strongly depend on volume sales. Cue a few first-hand stories of otakus going to buy out their local bookstore, only to find that someone else already had. Thankfully, haven't heard nor seen any talk of trouble since!

Actually addressing the length of time for pairings - looking at page counts, I don't think the length of pages that characters have waffled on extends that far beyond other works in the genre. Yet it can feel quite unprecedented when considering the length of time, though.

last edited at Nov 26, 2020 6:59PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Actually addressing the length of time for pairings - looking at page counts, I don't think the length of pages that characters have waffled on extends that far beyond other works in the genre. Yet i cant feel quite unprecedented when considering the length of time, though.

Very true. I think Kishi's doing that what a ton of long-running romcom authors do- he has a general plan for the direction in which the relationships will evolve, and generates episodic ups-and-downs to create a sense of liveliness- characters that are more commonly featured will have a dispute and then make up for drama, and parings that're less featured will pop up with wholesome interactions for a breath of fresh air. There's enough affection, desire and development involved in nearly every pairing to make it instantly distinctive, which allows Kishi to both fulfil and subvert our expectations for the more episodic bits, while still maintaining enough tension to write a quick climax (heh) in case he gets notified of an axe. The way things are going, I'm guessing he'll prolong it for as long as he's comfortable or until he gets inspiration for a new series, and when he's ready to jump off, we'll ideally get a 5-10 chapter dénouement. So the story's simultaneously ready to quickly end or to to go on for five more years, which is pretty much the best setup a long-running writer could have. I'd personally be fine if this goes on forever, though it does seem at times like the cogs of the this yuri machine are greased with Ayano's tears.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe 24 volumes, see https://mangadex.org/title/23356/otome-no-teikoku/covers/ we've gone full circle with the pairings in the covers! with volume 12 we had all she ships featured in the covers and now we're repeating.

So maybe 1 to 12 is Season one and we're already in season 2 ?? Get it? because it works very well to show how they were at the start and how they are now, so it would be wonderful to think that we have 9 volumes left and also a good point to finish it.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Maybe 24 volumes, see https://mangadex.org/title/23356/otome-no-teikoku/covers/ we've gone full circle with the pairings in the covers! with volume 12 we had all she ships featured in the covers and now we're repeating.

So maybe 1 to 12 is Season one and we're already in season 2 ?? Get it? because it works very well to show how they were at the start and how they are now, so it would be wonderful to think that we have 9 volumes left and also a good point to finish it.

Round and round and round we go, and where we’ll stop I don’t know...

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Has there been any indication of when this will conclude? It has been over a decade and as great as it is the relationships can only be teased so long

It's fucking wild this has been running for a decade now, the only other yuri I can think of off the top of my head that is still going after a decade is Yuru Yuri. But to badly answer your question I have no idea lol, haven't seen anything on Kishi's twitter signaling an end is in sight anyways. A lot of these relationships feel like they have a long way to go.

Pretty impressive that the series has survived so long, especially considering 4 magazine jumps (though, for such a long-running series, this isn't that unusual). I remember a time, perhaps a year ago, perhaps two, when the series appeared to be in danger. Kishi tweeted out that the continuation of the series would strongly depend on volume sales. Cue a few first-hand stories of otakus going to buy out their local bookstore, only to find that someone else already had. Thankfully, haven't heard nor seen any talk of trouble since!

Bless those on the front lines who went out and bought tanks in scores to keep the series going. Also interesting to learn some of the lore behind the series, I’ve only been caught up for a few months now so I wasn’t aware the series was ever in danger of cancellation.

joined Dec 8, 2020

Literally just finished binging the entire series for the first time over the past week, and I love it. I came for the ecchi but stayed for how adorable the characters were. Now that I'm all caught up, though, I guess I get to experience the joys of waiting for the creator to make more.... fun, lol. I'm just glad it's still going.

Will say my favorite pairs are Mari x Yuu and Miyoshi x Ayano. The former because I love how their relationship is depicted and because you don't really see quality SM work like how the creator has done them. Pretty high tier stuff. And the latter pair is just so adorable, I love it. Can't help but feel sorry for Ayano when it seems like Miyoshi is self-sabotaging their moments because she's afraid to take the next step. Still just adorable all the same.

I'm also curious to see where Nao's apparently prospective relationship will go. From what I've read here, I think I'm in the minority when I say that she's one of my favorites. It's a shame she isn't featured more. My younger self could definitely relate to her.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 6:55PM

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

The best fucking pair

joined Jun 23, 2017

!!!!
That was amazing!

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

ChaozCloud posted:

!!!!
That was amazing!

Right???
Honoka also had some "Kaoru" vibes here. And also I would like to point out that Eli used both "daisuki" and "aishiteru" here!

joined Jul 26, 2016

is that congenital or something

makes me wonder about their mother... ( ͡¬ ͜ʖ ͡¬)

It must run in the family.

Really loved that switch around though, totally subverted my expectations.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I particularly like how for the entire rest of the chapter Honoka is drawn in that "casual" round-faced style, but for the one frame she gets her Kaoruchad on it switches to the refined "high definition" mode.

It's super effective!
The Elisha swooned!

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Kaoru hits on chicks till nobody takes her seriously, Honoka saves up her chadness for critical hits. Here we see the difference between a button masher and a true professional.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It occurs to me how deliciously ironic it is that on a meta level poor Honoka just can't escape comparisons with her big sis.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Bottom panel is the first time I thought "wow, she really is Kaoru's sister". Good stuff.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Yamada's vibes

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Should I add a "reversal" tag?

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

You can't just say that touching her MOUTH and then be like "jk lol why aren't you laughing"
Anyway, best pairing, made my day

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

I was expecting more...
I never thought I'd be disappointed reading Virgin's Empire.

To reply you must either login or sign up.