Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Is it normal when someone says 'I'm going to the toilet' to reply 'Have fun'?

Yeah I do it all the time, works even better if two people are going to the bathroom together.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's my usual response.

I thought I was the only one

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's my usual response.

Literal (my) Dad joke: "Mention my name--you'll get a good seat."

joined Jul 23, 2019

It's my usual response.

Lmao I had never heard that one

joined Jul 21, 2020

I used to say "I'm going to the water-closet" but I've been told it's way too dated.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Please give yumimi and nononon a happy ending!

joined Jul 26, 2016

this is some advanced depravity jfc

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

I was hoping we’d get more Haruka and Kanae but I guess we’ll have to wait like two years for their new ch...This is good too, though. This pair has grown on me (just like Midori and Hibiki, I hope they’ll be endgame too).

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I used to say "I'm going to the water-closet" but I've been told it's way too dated.

Water-closet is perfectly ok.

Now Nononon flip the tables on her and challenge her to tell you if she likes you or not! Fuck the quiz you must take a direct approach with her, do a oppaidon if you must!

Really though she does say just kidding quite a bit, I can imagine they have sex and right after Yumimi says: Just kidding Senpai!

Anyways holding hands in secret around the others is pretty darn cute. Thanks for the chapter.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

It's my usual response.

In the spirit of groan-inducing responses, let's recall a classic: In Soviet Russia, the toilet goes on you.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Water-closet is perfectly ok.

Technically, yes, but it also makes you sound like Strom Thurmond circa 1960.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Hehe, is there actually a proper word? Timothy Sly once wrote an interesting article on that subject. I'll paste it here:

The eternal problem is the exasperatingly euphemistic nature of polite English discourse. Simply put, we do not have a correct term for such a place. Not one.

“Toilet” denotes the act of cleansing/washing. So do “lavatory” & “washroom”, but no mention is made of the real reason for the visit. “Bathroom” would be valid if we needed a shower or a soak in the tub. “Powder room” suggests a place exclusively reserved for adding talcum or scented corn-starch to one's skin. “Ladies' room” or “men's room” is curiously evasive about what these gender-overconfident folk actually do in there, to say nothing of the folk who identify with other categories included in the LGBTQ spectrum.

“Rest room” is even more obscure from any accurate label; one wonders who actually enters such a facility to enjoy a rest. “Water-closet” hearkens back to early days of flushing in Britain, and it is getting close, but “public convenience” could equally apply to a drinking fountain or park bench, neither of which would invite excretorial emissions in their proximity.

“Loo” dates even further back to the 17th century when contents of “chamber pots” (yet another rich topic for euphemistic debate) were flung from upper floors onto the street and it's unfortunate occupants. The cry would go out “Guardez-l'eau!” (watch out for the water), followed by the unsavoury contents being unceremoniously hurled upon passers-by. “L'eau,” became “Loo” to the local denizens, and thus it evolved into the current meaning.

Even more confusing to overseas visitors is the reference by older British people to “I'll just go and spend a penny!” This of course refers to the cost of one penny to enter the door of the stalls at that time. Men were mostly able to avoid this, representing an early form of gender discrimination.

The “bog” was a term much beloved by schoolboys, and may have reflected the squelchy nature underfoot.

The French at least are to be congratulated for one terminology in as much as “la pissotière” was nothing less than a public urinal on the sidewalk of the busy street in which the heads and feet of the usually male occupants were still visible to those passing by, but the purpose of the facility as its name suggests, was not in doubt.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The French at least are to be congratulated for one terminology in as much as “la pissotière” was nothing less than a public urinal on the sidewalk of the busy street in which the heads and feet of the usually male occupants were still visible to those passing by, but the purpose of the facility as its name suggests, was not in doubt.

I mean. Far as I've been told their terminology for children of successive marriages is bluntly de 1ère/2ème/etc. lit ("from 1st/2nd/etc. bed") - not big on pointlessly prudish euphemisms that lot.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

While we can't know for sure yet, I got the impression that as Yumimi became interested in and got closer to Nononon, she decided that a teasing approach was the best way to get closer by inches, without Nononon freaking out. Because Nononon freaks out pretty easily, it appears. By slowly getting her used to these things Yumimi could get closer without scaring her off. Whether that's actually a good approach or whether that's actually what she's doing, is up for debate of course.

Also

White Rose said:
-snip-

That was pretty awesome and informative, thank you.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Stop teasing nononon

joined Jul 26, 2016

Preeeeetty sure Yumimi keeps pulling that "just kidding" line to relieve her own tensions, I'd be signally surprised if she's nearly as on top of things as she portrays herself as.

Though tbf given Nononon's rampant insecurities someone in the relationship needs to act confident and take the initiative, however uncertain and fumbling blind they now might actually be.

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

AAAA THEY'RE TOO CUTE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

This one was absolutely cute. Yumimi needs to just stop with the "just kidding!" stuff and move in with a kiss

joined Nov 22, 2020

Has there been any indication of when this will conclude? It has been over a decade and as great as it is the relationships can only be teased so long

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Has there been any indication of when this will conclude? It has been over a decade and as great as it is the relationships can only be teased so long

It's fucking wild this has been running for a decade now, the only other yuri I can think of off the top of my head that is still going after a decade is Yuru Yuri. But to badly answer your question I have no idea lol, haven't seen anything on Kishi's twitter signaling an end is in sight anyways. A lot of these relationships feel like they have a long way to go.

last edited at Nov 22, 2020 8:29PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

It's fucking wild this has been running for a decade now, the only other yuri I can think of off the top of my head that is still going after a decade is Yuru Yuri. But to badly answer your question I have no idea lol, haven't seen anything on Kishi's twitter signaling an end is in sight anyways. A lot of these relationships feel like they have a long way to go.

One more decade sounds about right to me

last edited at Nov 22, 2020 8:30PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

One more decade sounds about right to me

Lets One Piece this shit

joined Jul 21, 2020

The “bog” was a term much beloved by schoolboys, and may have reflected the squelchy nature underfoot.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!
All-boy schools are so filthy and disgusting, squelchy toilet floors yuck yuck yuck.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

WOW, can't show THAT in a Christian manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.