Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Nov 5, 2017

Sayaka always had the bully trait in her and it's completely fine to feel a little sour, but the important thing is that she conceded gracefully.
I still remember when certain people claimed Sayaka would not be able to co-exist with Touko and Yuu if she got rejected or found out about them some chapters ago. Hahaha.

I have always had this vague feeling that she alrealy knew about their growing sentiments the moment when Touko started calling Yuu by name in the student council room.
I can't say that I don't admire Sayaka's courage when she made her confession. She knew she was fighting a loosing battle. Maybe it was because her side of the triangle was settled so well that it would just feel odd if she and Yuu couldn't co-exist after Yuu and Touko got together. Even whith the thick awkward air they shared since the start, I had been under the impression that Sayaka and Yuu got along really well. Touko was the only real reason that they seemed to have gunpowder in the air.

Besides, Sayaka has never stuck me as someone who would throw a pity party for herself if and when she trips.

All of this is correct, confirmed by Sayaka's light novel 2, whose first chapter explores in great detail how she has felt about Yuu ever since she met her and how those feelings have changed as Sayaka saw Yuu and Touko getting closer and closer, and how Touko ended up changing. Said chapter has been translated in English already, can link if someone wants it.
About Yuu and Sayaka getting along (SPOILER): they actually became good friends during their college years. And even before that, Sayaka started to see Yuu as a friend back in high school. Novel is really great, I found this to be a good development.

EDIT: might as well just link it

Chapter 1 (Sayaka and Yuu): https://greatpassage.wordpress.com/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-saeki-sayaka-ni-tsuite-2/chapter-1-love-and-koito/
Chapter 3 (Sayaka in college): https://greatpassage.wordpress.com/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-saeki-sayaka-ni-tsuite-2/chapter-3-epilogue-beyond-the-sky/

Chapter 2 is about Sayaka's first year of high school and is still being translated since it's too long.

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 1:26PM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Yuu is so damn cute now that she is going out with Touko after realizing she loves her.

joined May 7, 2015

Chapter 41! It feels like a surprise present for my weekend. I’m happy to see them happy with each other. Also, Yuu was especially cute being honest about her love in this chapter.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

....is this ending soon? If not, I'm worried.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I have an idea.

Threesome.

joined Oct 31, 2018

I rarely comment, just who I am. But I love this series, Enough to actually buy the English Release. Now onto my chapter thoughts, I like the "What does it mean to be in a Relationship" chapters, especially when it comes to people who where already close before hand. Really hope we get some post school stuff as well.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hm, to me it only felt like she had an inkling that Yuu might be interested in Touko, but not necessarily the other way around.

In a sense this is true, but her attention is drawn to Yuu in the first place because of the inordinate fuss Touko made about Yuu from the beginning; i.e., Touko's "fondness" for Yuu is the red flag for Sayaka, not the way Yuu acts toward Touko.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch07#13

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hm, to me it only felt like she had an inkling that Yuu might be interested in Touko, but not necessarily the other way around.

In a sense this is true, but her attention is drawn to Yuu in the first place because of the inordinate fuss Touko made about Yuu from the beginning; i.e., Touko's "fondness" for Yuu is the red flag for Sayaka, not the way Yuu acts toward Touko.

That's true, but we also know that Sayaka trusted in the fact that nobody can approach Touko's true self. In the end she was disgruntled, but didn't feel threatened. I mean look at the chapter where she talked to Miyako. She seemed only aware that Touko opened up, but she didn't even consider for one second that Touko and Yuu might already be involved with each other. Someone as thoughtful as Sayaka would at the very least have wasted a single thought on the possibility of being too late, no?

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

my heart ;-;

joined Nov 5, 2017

That's true, but we also know that Sayaka trusted in the fact that nobody can approach Touko's true self. In the end she was disgruntled, but didn't feel threatened. I mean look at the chapter where she talked to Miyako. She seemed only aware that Touko opened up, but she didn't even consider for one second that Touko and Yuu might already be involved with each other. Someone as thoughtful as Sayaka would at the very least have wasted a single thought on the possibility of being too late, no?

Ehhh, Sayaka wouldn't have been jealous and felt worried about Yuu's presence if she didn't think Touko was interested in Yuu, either romantically or whatever, she was still aware Touko was pretty fond of Yuu and eventually accepted that fact while still not fully admitting or thinking deep down that Touko was in love with Yuu. And by time chapter 26 happened, she realised Yuu loved Touko.
And well, like I mentioned, this whole thing was cleared entirely in the novel. Unless some people don't want to consider it canon because it was only supervised and approved but not written by Nakatani (and her editor).

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 2:18PM

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

Finally...
Aaaaaaaa

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ehhh, Sayaka wouldn't have been jealous and felt worried about Yuu's presence if she didn't think Touko was interested in Yuu, either romantically or whatever, she was still aware Touko was pretty fond of Yuu and eventually accepted that fact while still not fully admitting that Touko was in love with Yuu.
And well, like I mentioned, this whole thing was cleared entirely in the novel. Unless some people don't want to consider it canon because it was only supervised but not written by Nakatani.

I'm one of those who doesn't take third party author's interpretations at face value. They are written with hindsight and add things that are not necessarily intended originally (but waved through by Nakatani, because it doesnt harm anything).
The manga at least has been far more ambiguous about it.

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 2:24PM

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

So fluffy like an egg omelete

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

....is this ending soon? If not, I'm worried.

This is the last volume, starting with Chapter 40. We probably have three or four chapters left, at least one of which I am betting will be mostly epilogue. So yeah, we're in the home stretch.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Ehhh, Sayaka wouldn't have been jealous and felt worried about Yuu's presence if she didn't think Touko was interested in Yuu, either romantically or whatever, she was still aware Touko was pretty fond of Yuu and eventually accepted that fact while still not fully admitting that Touko was in love with Yuu.
And well, like I mentioned, this whole thing was cleared entirely in the novel. Unless some people don't want to consider it canon because it was only supervised but not written by Nakatani.

I'm one of those who doesn't take third party author's interpretations at face value. They are written with hindsight and add things that are not necessarily intended originally (but waved through by Nakatani, because it doesnt harm anything).
The manga at least has been far more ambiguous about it.

Fair enough, the manga has been ambiguous about it, but that's also due to a novel having Sayaka's POV and exploring her thoughts in a way more extensive level manga can, since this is Touko and Yuu's story after all. I thought the same as you regarding other author exploring yagakimi's world, but decided to give it a try and read it. It is good IMO, but i am still kinda ambivalent between taking all of it as canon or not (after all, the third novel will have Sayaka finding love and I for sure want that to be canon, along with Nakatani's illustrations of it).

Touko and novel aside, I am one of those who think Sayaka and Yuu have good chemistry... as friends. They seem to have some similarities in personality. Ofc I don't think a romance could be possible even if Touko is removed, but friendship, sure.

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 2:25PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I have an idea.

Threesome.

Nah. I mean for one thing (spinoff novel spoilers:)

We know it doesn't happen, because they're all still friends in college, and Sayaka is moving on to new prospects.

But aside from that, I don't think any of them have an inclination towards polyamory, and Sayaka's feelings towards Yuu are definitely not romantic at any point. They make good friends, though.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Fair enough, the manga has been ambiguous about it, but that's also due to a novel having Sayaka's POV and exploring her thoughts in a way more extensive level manga can, since this is Touko and Yuu's story after all. I thought the same as you regarding other author exploring yagakimi's world, but decided to give it a try and read it. It is good IMO, but i am still kinda ambivalent between taking all of it as canon or not (after all, the third novel will have Sayaka finding love and I for sure want that to be canon, along with Nakatani's illustrations of it).

Just to be clear, your interpretation is definitely not wrong. It's not even farfetched. I just find it suspicious how little it was actually hinted at or displayed in the manga, which usually sets up everything quite deliberately.

Oh and I never questioned the writing's quality either. I can hardly imagine Nakatani would approve a bad adaptation. Sometimes a good writer can bring out some aspects of a character or story that the original author couldn't. It just puts the validity of things into question occasioanally.

EDIT:

Touko and novel aside, I am one of those who think Sayaka and Yuu have good chemistry... as friends. They seem to have some similarities in personality. Ofc I don't think a romance could be possible even if Touko is removed, but friendship, sure.

I kinda feel like the thing that kept them on antagonistic terms is also what glued them together: Touko. Without her their interactions would be really brief and distant imo. Sayaka opening up to a kouhai takes a lot of effort. If the novel goes that direction that makes sense though, after all they went through. Hehe.

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 2:33PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Agreeing with you both, clearly a prequel (or whatever you call a story retracing another story from a different POV), especially from a different author, is likely to contain inferences and information that the original author would not have had in mind for the character (i.e,, Sayaka’s initial attitude toward Yuu) the first time through.

It’s clearly the case that the novel explores Sayaka’s POV more extensively that this manga does, but (and this may not be what your sentence is implying) not more fully than manga as a medium can potentially do—a manga of the situation focusing on Sayaka as a protagonist could fully communicate everything the novel does.

joined Mar 18, 2018

I'm really gonna miss this manga when its over. its been so good

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Once it's over, you can just re-read it whenever you want, however many times you want.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

It's not often that manga manages to deliver touching drama without sacrificing credibility or being melodramatic. BiY certainly does that, and in such a subtle and understated way which really deserves applause.

I also love the fact that the central conflict almost completely sidesteps the usual "oh but we're both girls" stuff. After everything Yuu and Touko have gone through, that seems like the smallest obstacle. And at the same time, the queerness isn't just ignored either like in so many other works. The execution is worth 100 points.

I just like the main story arc so much. It was innovative and believable, and was paced in such a way that you never grew bored and there was zero fillers, yet everything had enough time to unfold without being rushed.

This just might be my all-time favorite Yuri. I really hope they would make a second anime season covering the rest of the story.

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 4:46PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Idk if I should mention it but Volume is spelt Volum on the 7th one

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 5:08PM

joined Nov 5, 2017

Idk if I should mention it but Volume is spelt Volum on the 7th one

And special 6 goes between chapter 36 & 37- otherwise Miyako and Riko's conversation about Sayaka makes no sense. And volume 8 starts with chapter 40... mods please :'D

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH SO CYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww.

To reply you must either login or sign up.