Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Isn’t that the strangest part about this series? The stage play was a metastory about the story, but the story itself is just like a stage play.

There is something beautiful in a choreographed dance that was never choreographed.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Did I even reply into this thread since the link to the raws were posted? Given that I've been diligently reading all the posts (even if I've forgotten some (read: most) of them), I think I haven't?
Whatever.
Honestly, I didn't read the raws per se, since I can't read Japanese, but I browsed through them, and, gosh, was it enjoyable. Someone earlier mentioned that Sayaka was kinda bullying Yuu, but it seems to me (I might be wrong, jumping to assumptions, due to seeing the slides, without the ability to read the lines) that Maki may have teased Yuu about her relationship with Toukp a bit? But the last few pages were simply adorable!
There, now I can be correct in saying I didn't spam with this post!

last edited at May 29, 2019 3:31PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Did I even reply into this thread since the link to the raws were posted? Given that I've been diligently reading all the posts (even if I've forgotten some (read: most) of them), I think I haven't?
Whatever.
Honestly, I didn't read the raws per se, since I can't read Japanese, but I browsed through them, and, gosh, was it enjoyable. Someone earlier mentioned that Sayaka was kinda bullying Yuu, but it seems to me (I might be wrong, jumping to assumptions, due to seeing the slides, without the ability to read the lines) that Maki may have teased Yuu about her relationship with Toukp a bit? But the last few pages were simply adorable!

There's a translation up elsewhere--you're slightly but not entirely wrong.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Whatever.

There's a translation up elsewhere--you're slightly but not entirely wrong.

Eh, let's just say that, for the translation, I'm waiting for it to be on Dynasty Reader.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Nobody's annoyed--I'm certainly not--and you did a good job explaining what you meant. We just disagreed, that's all.

You know, comparing one's own response with other people's and, ideally, being specific about where the response comes from--discussion, I think it's called. :)

Oh, no, you right. I’m just not that disappointed to continue untie my point of view. I started to feel that I make irky face on a fun party, lol. I hope remaining chapters hit me better, because I really like this series.

Touko%20avatar
joined Jan 20, 2019

I have mixed feelings about recent chapter. I am happy and slightly disappointed. I wanted more nuanced interactions.

I don't know, but I also have some disappointment and a little angry from the new chapter. I expected them to be more passionate with each other (Touko was so passionate, what happened?), but everything is so quiet and calm in them as if they are already married and have been living together for many years. I understand that this is not so and there are nuances, but the general impression is, despite the fact that I am a big fan of the series. Up to this point, there has been NO ONE chapter at least disappointed me. Personally, I wanted more passion, which was held for so long. I really can't understand why Touko's passion disappeared. Now she looks like she really doesn't care.
But despite this, I believe that the author knows best how to tell this story and is not mistaken in doing so.

last edited at May 30, 2019 3:22AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I don't know if this is a minority opinion, but I never perceived Touko is particularily... passionate about her love. She was always more the puppydog love type of girl? The few times she was pouncing Yuu were rather out of frustration and a need to cope. Typically these two are pretty collected.

joined Nov 5, 2017

I have mixed feelings about recent chapter. I am happy and slightly disappointed. I wanted more nuanced interactions.

I don't know, but I also have some disappointment and a little angry from the new chapter. I expected them to be more passionate with each other (Touko was so passionate, what happened?), but everything is so quiet and calm in them as if they are already married and have been living together for many years. I understand that this is not so and there are nuances, but the general impression is, despite the fact that I am a big fan of the series. Up to this point, there has been NO ONE chapter at least disappointed me. Personally, I wanted more passion, which was held for so long. I really can't understand why Touko's passion disappeared. Now she looks like she really doesn't care.
But despite this, I believe that the author knows best how to tell this story and is not mistaken in doing so.

I don't understand what you mean by "passionate". Could you please elaborate what that means and what did exactly disappoint you?
If you mean making out and be horny/all over each other in a more sexual way, give it time I guess. They have just gotten together, so they are more in the lovey dovey aspect of a relationship than in the horny one. And Yuu did want to kiss ASAP last chapter.
Also, I don't entirely agree with BugDevil. Again, if by "passionate" , you guys mean being rather lewd, Touko has been shown to be pretty horny many times, and not just out of coping or frustration (which were also reasons in some situations). Chapter 9 "Do you want to listen?" , chapter 16 and chapter 20 are the first to come to mind as examples.
Then again, I am not sure if we all mean the same so maybe my comments aren't particularly appropiate.

last edited at May 30, 2019 4:21AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Also, I don't entirely agree with BugDevil. Again, if by "passionate" , you guys mean being rather lewd, Touko has been shown to be pretty horny many times, and not just out of coping or distress. Chapter 9 "Do you want to listen?" , chapter 16 and chapter 20 are the first to come to mind as examples.
Then again, I am not sure if we all mean the same so maybe my comments aren't particularly appropiate.

I do acknowledge that my viewpoint may be slightly skewed, but let me explain it as best as I can.

Context matters.
Chapter 9: She was nervous and shy. Far from passionate. Unless we define passion as being excited...
Chapter 16: Actually one of the prime examples of Touko being frustrated and coping. She has been holding back from being affectionate with Yuu for a while and wanted to be rewarded with something she should not ask for due to their agreement. In a way she was not satisfied with their arrangement, despite enforcing it herself. This frustration culminated in the french kiss.
Chapter 20: Staring at Yuu doesn't matter. The part where they all slept in the same room and were glad they were three people so they wouldnt do something foolish is probably the only naturally passionate thing there.

Now look at moments like the one in chapter 28... Touko is confused, frustrated and emotionally unstable because her worldview got challenged and she doesn't know what to do anymore, so she aggressively asks for a kiss and wants to drown that stuff out with her anchor... Yuu. And that is what Yuu has always been until the play. An outlet.

That is of course oversimplifying it, but my point stands, Touko has never been overly passionate outside of choice moments and often those are an emotional reaction to circumstance. Both Touko and Yuu (more out of necessity) have been very subdued and balanced in their show of affection. A Touko that isn't insecure about Yuu leaving her or being loved would not have the need to be overly aggressive or passionate. This is the fluffy, floaty love that they have always sought.

Which doesn't mean they won't be getting to a point where they tongue wrestle in Yuu's bed again or do other outrageous things like intertwining both sweaty hands at the same time. I just never perceived their relationship as excessively dramatic and passionate.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s been less than 24 hours since their mutual confession and less than an hour since they explicitly declared they were going out—rather early to be getting “angry” at the lack of genital penetration, I’d say.

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

^ These comments are why I read this forum

Touko%20avatar
joined Jan 20, 2019

I don't understand what you mean by "passionate". Could you please elaborate what that means and what did exactly disappoint you?

Yes, terminology often makes it difficult to express your thoughts correctly. I will clarify. By “passion” I mean the interaction between people as “lovers/girlfriends”: the excitement of interacting with each other, the desire to move this interaction forward, the interest towards each other etc.
This is exactly what (in my opinion) was on the part of Touko earlier and partly on the part of Yuu, but not so obviously because she had to restrain herself. Touko held back because she was afraid to overdo it and was afraid that Yuu would hate her. And Yuu held back because of the promise of "not falling in love." Now these problems are eliminated.
It embarrasses me that now, being together, they are not very excited by the interaction with each other, and in the new chapter they behave more like friends (kiss or hug each other when say goodbye? No?) Or as if they have been going out for a long time. Yes, it would be understandable and normal, if they had really going out for a long time, and this period of love and anxiety had already passed and a feeling of deep affection came to his place and that they were already relatives of each other. But they just got together.
I see in the new chapter that Touko didn't even think about going out, and Yuu doesn't even know what to do next together (which means that so far she has no desires?).
Yuu became a little more relaxed in emotions and behavior, and Touko, on the contrary, became more restrained and calm. As if Yuu and her relationships are no longer particularly interesting. It’s as if even Maki are more interested in their interaction and moving the relationship forward than they are.
It's like all they want now is just to be around each other. This is very cute, of course, but ... But this is not quite what I personally understand by the relationship of “lovers/girlfriends”, it is more like friendly love. Because friendship is love too. Love is always the same, but in my opinion, what distinguishes friendly love from the “special” love of beloveds is passion (at least at the beginning of a relationship as it is). And it seemed to me that manga was about this kind of love (at least it had been so before). And if in the manga of this side was not at all, then such expectations would not exist, it would just be clear that this is such a style. But it was, but for some reason this is not in the new chapter.
I don't understand Why in Touko this has changed. Yes, this can be explained by the fact that it was the result of her internal conflict and tension. And when she accepted and loved herself this also changed. Well, then I can only regret that this part of Touko no longer exists.

If you mean making out and be horny/all over each other in a more sexual way, give it time I guess. They have just gotten together, so they are more in the lovey dovey aspect of a relationship than in the horny one.

Do you mean that lack of passion (what i mean by passion i wrote above) is temporary because they just got together? I just have a feeling that just at the beginning it should be and then it fades away. Although maybe everything is fine and the Japanese after confessions become very restrained people? :)

All of the above is just an impression that arose after reading the chapter. It is difficult to explain logically and not to express in the claim:

to be getting “angry” at the lack of genital penetration

Because it's not.

last edited at May 30, 2019 10:26AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I realize that I was being snarky and mischaracterized your post for the sake of a joke. But this “angry” (your words, not mine) response seems very disconnected from the overall story. Yuu and Touko have in fact been “together” in a romantic relationship (albeit a very idiosyncratically defined one) for quite some time. The overall story has been about nothing BUT the asymmetry between the two of them in that romantic relationship, and how that difference has now been resolved.

They HAVE been going out as a couple for a long time, and Yuu’s current feelings are explicitly defined as being the kind of deep affection that comes from knowing someone well rather than the effervescence of new-found puppy love, and the emotional climax of the entire series is Touko’s acceptance of that love.

Although they have (a few hours ago) redefined the terms of their relationship, they are not just getting to know one another. To expect them to behave as if they “just got together” is to ignore the entirety of the story so far.

EDIT: And I have rarely seen couples in any Asian popular media (manga, anime, manhwa, and Korean, Japanese or Chinese TV dramas) routinely kiss or hug as a greeting or to say goodbye.

last edited at May 30, 2019 11:17AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Even Yuu herself addressed that point in the chapter. She pointed out that they've been doing couple things since forever now so nothing really changed much in the romantic nature of their relationship. Both of them didn't think of defining what they are to each other till it is brought up to them very much because their relationship has always been unambiguously romantic, just not official.

& If anyone thinks Touko just becomes restraint out of nowhere this chapter should reread 32. That chapter gave a good glimpse to how their healthier dynamic plays out after Touko gets over her emotional baggage even before they "got together." It is no longer some pushy obsession over Yuu, jumping onto her at every waking minute, but an appreciation for her as an equal. That's how long-term relationship gonna play out.

last edited at May 30, 2019 11:33AM

Touko%20avatar
joined Jan 20, 2019

I understand that such interaction is also possible and can be explained, but for some reason it disappoints me. Perhaps because the fact that they together now, I wanted more than a quiet and peaceful relationship. It seemed to me that during their previous interaction both of them were holding back. But it turns out that Yuu suffices that she openly said "I love you" and received permission to do so, and now Touko doesn’t seem to need anything from her at all (and I don’t mean the vulgar side of this question).

To be honest, I myself was surprised by my reaction to the new chapter. It was really unexpected, because before that I liked absolutely everything.

EDIT: And I have rarely seen couples in any Asian popular media (manga, anime, manhwa, and Korean, Japanese or Chinese TV dramas) routinely kiss or hug as a greeting or to say goodbye.

OK. Maybe this is true.

I can’t say that there are any flaws in this chapter and Maybe my disappointment is purely my problem.

last edited at May 30, 2019 11:38AM

joined Nov 5, 2017

I agree. Couples kissing and showing PDA in public is not something well seen in Japan and I haven't really seen it in other yuri manga either. What if someone sees them? Homophobia could be an issue, made even worse by the fact they are wearing their school uniforms. Holding hands and Yuu clinging to Touko's arm should be enough as far as Japanese PDA goes. Yuu and Touko have only kissed in closed spaces so far, with the exception being chapters 2 & 34, understandable since their feelings were overflowing, and even then, Touko made sure no one saw then when she kissed Yuu (and during the kiss on the river, i am not sure anyone could have actually seen them anyways).
It's only been a day since chapter 40 happened, with them not having the chance yet to be alone together in a private place so they can be "passionate" all they want. Nakatani will probably deliver later.

last edited at May 30, 2019 11:38AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can’t say that there are any flaws in this chapter and Maybe my disappointment is purely my problem.

I myself would be disappointed if we never see a deeper side (and I do mean physical intimacy, in part) of their relationship going forward.

But I don't expect it to happen a couple hours after they get back together.

last edited at May 30, 2019 12:17PM

Touko%20avatar
joined Jan 20, 2019

It's only been a day since chapter 40 happened, with them not having the chance yet to be alone together in a private place so they can be "passionate" all they want. Nakatani will probably deliver later.

Yes, I missed this nuance while been disappointed :)

But I don't expect it happen a couple hours after they get back together.

Thanks guys for pointing it out ;)

last edited at May 30, 2019 12:17PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Speaking of releases, that bonus chapter better come out alongside the new chapter! Dynasty is always a bit behind on this stuff, but it's been a month haha...! M&M cannot be contained

last edited at May 30, 2019 12:20PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I can’t say that there are any flaws in this chapter and Maybe my disappointment is purely my problem

The only flaw I found was the lack of Midori x Manaka

Also, I've made this same post some 5 or so minutes back, but deleted it to double check the chapter to see if I'm right.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can’t say that there are any flaws in this chapter and Maybe my disappointment is purely my problem

The only flaw I found was the lack of Midori x Manaka

Also, I've made this same post some 5 or so minutes back, but deleted it to double check the chapter to see if I'm right.

That's the meta-BV we have come to know and . . . be familiar with.

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I myself would be disappointed if we never see a deeper side (and I do mean physical intimacy, in part) of their relationship going forward.

I don’t think we will ever see them do more than lightly touch lips together.

Yes I am Citrus-traumatized.

But I don't expect it to happen a couple hours after they get back together.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I don’t think we will ever see them do more than lightly touch lips together.

See? Even you are suffering the consequences!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

See? Even you are suffering the consequences!

You do know that she is comparing YagaKimi to Citrus right now, right? lol

I for one would be completely fine if this stayed on a kissing basis (on-screen) and we'll be left knowing their relationship will keep going strong. The rest is a given, so it's not really necessary to show.

EDIT: If there is anything I'd really want to see in these last 4 chapters it's something that you don't see much in these grounded stories. Dealing with the family and the future.

last edited at May 30, 2019 3:31PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I for one would be completely fine if this stayed on a kissing basis (on-screen) and we'll be left knowing their relationship will keep going strong. The rest is a given, so it's not really necessary to show.

EDIT: If there is anything I'd really want to see in these last 4 chapters it's something that you don't see much in these grounded stories. Dealing with the family and the future.

Agree with the last part. Don't get me wrong--I'm not looking for anything hardcore. :). Just something mutual to counterbalance the "Touko pushing boundaries/Yuu pretending indifference" sections of the story.

I do want a scene where Rei finds out, minimum.

last edited at May 30, 2019 3:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.