Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

https://imgur.com/a/42gPXkr Ch 41 Raws.

They are so fucking cute!
I thought I was going to lose interest once Touko and Yuu were together, but thankfully I was wrong.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Translation out elsewhere.

So cuuuuute.

There’s trenchant analysis you can’t get anywhere else.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

same

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Translation out elsewhere.

So cuuuuute.

There’s trenchant analysis you can’t get anywhere else.

They aren't wrong, tho.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Sayaka's reaction is just so perfect. XD "Okay, you've won, but damn I don't like you. =.= You'd better not screw it up."

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

REVERSE intertwined fingers—lewdest YagaKimi ever.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I have mixed feelings about recent chapter. I am happy and slightly disappointed. I wanted more nuanced interactions.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

They went all the way already...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

https://i.ibb.co/PWHjfmk/Clipboard01.jpg

They went all the way already...

I'm sorry, did you forget about THE chapter? They went FAR lewder...

DOUBLE HANDED INTERLOCKING FINGERS.

Seriously I'm probably on a list now for posting such depraved smut.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I stand corrected.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I have mixed feelings about recent chapter. I am happy and slightly disappointed. I wanted more nuanced interactions.

The whole series previous to this point has been nothing but “nuanced interactions”—this is the giddy “first flush of love” period, where two people look at each other and just giggle with happiness.

Let the kids have some fun—“nuance” will return soon enough, I’m sure.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

My reaction to this latest chapter

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

The whole series previous to this point has been nothing but “nuanced interactions”.

Well, yeah, and I like it. Because of that I have my mixed feelings, not because of what characters feel at this point - I happy for most of them. I hope that it will be back.

last edited at May 28, 2019 11:24PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

@Aniale
I think Touko and Yuu have fought long and hard enough to finally free themselves of that "nuance". Because all the nuance amounted to was ambiguity and doubt. This is the victory lap so to speak, so we should just cheer for them and smile.

last edited at May 29, 2019 1:45PM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I think people misunderstand me and that’s totally okay, lol. My English is not good, I have low vocabulary and more over I do have not so overpositive opinion. Sorry. Let’s say I want it to be this cute and happy, but not so bland in how it’s done. It’s not about characters, it’s about presentation. After all it's my personal feelings and it’s good that others enjoy reading it so much.

last edited at May 29, 2019 3:47AM

I think Touko and Yuu have fought long and hard enough to finally free themselves of that "nuance". Because all the nuance amounted to was ambiguity and doubt. This is the victory lap so to speak, so we shluld just cheer for them and smile.

I agree we should be.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As to the "nuanced interactions" things, it's interesting to compare the new chapter with the aquarium date. There Yuu and Touko are being cute and happy together, but the nuance comes from the disconnect between what Yuu feels and what she feels able to express because of The Toxic Contract.

Touko tells Yuu "I love you," and Yuu knows that she's not allowed to say it back. Yuu grabs Touko's hand to lead her through the crowd, and they keep holding hands (to Touko's delight), but later she doesn't feel free to take her hand when Touko is sleeping on the train (a callback to Yuu resisting the impulse to hold hands when they were taking shelter from the rain).

As BugDevil says, the primary tension and ambiguity of their relationship has been resolved, so the same actions and behaviors that once were so fraught with meaning and possibility now are just . . . fun.

As Yuu's question about being "girlfriends" implies, there are still plenty of potential "nuances" to work through going forward.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Make-out scene when

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Nuanced and dramatic is not the same thing. I wanted to see more small and nice details, the closest thing in this chapter was scene when Touko and Yuu touched tips of each other shoes. Otherwise it all was not so poetic, if it’s the right word, like some great previous chapters. I think cute and happy parts of the story can be like that too. That’s all.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^I think you should revisit the first 4 pages of the chapter if you think that their interactions aren't nuanced and poetic at all. The lingering intertwining fingertips as they're about to say goodbye, how they both turned to give each other one last look at the same time, & them being too excited about everything to sleep. All done through just sheer great visual storytelling is poetic and nuanced af if you ask me.

Not to say how you feel about the chapter is invalid but claiming there are no nuances is a bit much.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^I think you should revisit the first 4 pages of the chapter if you think that their interactions aren't nuanced and poetic at all. The lingering intertwining fingertips as they're about to say goodbye, how they both turned to give each other one last look at the same time, & them being too excited about everything to sleep. All done through just sheer great visual storytelling is poetic and nuanced af if you ask me.

Not to say how you feel about the chapter is invalid but claiming there are no nuances is a bit much.

Agreed. That's why I invoked the aquarium date--very similar lyrical passages and visual interactions, only this time not fraught with the inherent tension of their previous relationship but infused with the pleasure of reciprocal positive feelings.

+1 that anyone's reaction is their own--I just don't share the feeling that there's anything lacking here. Except angst.

last edited at May 29, 2019 1:16PM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Look, I liked this chapter, but I wanted more from it. Yeah, I should keep that for myself, but it’s too late, lol. I just tried to explain what my problem is and don’t wanted to make someone feel annoyed, but it happened anyway. So I stop.

last edited at May 29, 2019 1:44PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^So this is more about the "stage play" aspect of the manga? That, in a way, everything is framed very much like a play with all the depth and symbolism, purely intentional?
I can at the very least see why the more easy-going slice-of-life approach of the chapter rather than drama could invoke that feeling.

last edited at May 29, 2019 1:53PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nobody's annoyed--I'm certainly not--and you did a good job explaining what you meant. We just disagreed, that's all.

You know, comparing one's own response with other people's and, ideally, being specific about where the response comes from--discussion, I think it's called. :)

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

^So this is more about the "stage play" aspect of the manga? That, in a way, everything is framed very much like a play with all the depth and symbolism, purely intentional?
I can at the very least see why the more easy-going slice-of-life approach of the chapter rather than drama could invoke that feeling.

Isn’t that the strangest part about this series? The stage play was a metastory about the story, but the story itself is just like a stage play.

last edited at May 29, 2019 2:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.