Forum › Boyfriend Sometimes Girlfriend discussion

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I haven't read yet but I have to get this out of my head:

Sappho Scans... you are crazy LOL you really cleaned and typeset the cover of a shonen magazine of which very little is relevant to you

I'm going to be pretty salty if this manga behaves like Usotsuki Lily did for the first ~70 chapters though. "Haha I'm not a woman I just get severe dysphoria when I remember I have a ding dong xD"
The author mostly redeemed herself when mlm and wlw couples showed up later on

Edit: Also I'm supposing the reason this isn't tagged with Het or Bisexual is because it's unclear whether anyone in the main couple is either? Senpai is an Otokonoko was refreshing in that the girl was like "yeah I'm bisexual" instantly, although it is frustrating that it's not yuri

Edit 2: Alright I finished reading the chapter. Yeah, I don't think "love" and "estrogen" are that far off teehee (delusional headcanon about allegories)

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 1:24AM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Y'know what, I'm here for this

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Y'know what, I'm here for this

I actually liked their chemistry a lot. With the first few pages you'd think the setup was "Oh I saw this cute girl and somehow she miraculously likes me back" but the premise of their feelings is pretty solid and they were given time to ruminate on it

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

That is one big chungus of a first chapter. Enjoyable though

8tc1g5p728ou6b8fr5uq-yx0aodkzwwclm-riyo2awm
joined Sep 11, 2015

Oh no everyone she kisses turns into a beautiful girl, what a terrible curse

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

The title is boyfriend sometimes girlfriend, so I'm going to assume he'll transform back (maybe with another kiss)

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

can't wait for chapter two. thank youuu for the hard work. that was a long chapter!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I don't know how to feel about the taped bag part, on one hand it really tugged at my heartstrings, on the other it turns out he was just a dofus

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

love me some gender bender

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I'm here for this. The lead is a great character I like him a lot so I'm happy to see where this goes no matter the outcome!

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

The title is boyfriend sometimes girlfriend, so I'm going to assume he'll transform back (maybe with another kiss)

Actually my guess is they TRADED genders. That would be wild.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This was absolutely adorable. I really loved it, super excited to see more.

What a massive chapter, my goodness.

I actually kept thinking, as I was going through the chapter, "this guy is really effeminate. He's like a Prince Character from any other yuri". I almost wish he hadn't changed so drastically, like his hair didn't grow, or anything. Just, boom. Girl.

The sudden Extreme Girlization feels very... early El Goonish Shive lol

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 2:45AM

joined Apr 14, 2022

I mean this in an entirely complimentary rather than critical way - holy shit, this did not need the supernatural element. The dialogue and characterization and expressiveness is so freaking good that even as somebody who rarely reads het romance, the hook provided by a gimmick was completely unnecessary because I was already completely captivated. This feels like it's in an entirely different class of quality than 95% of manga.

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 12:38PM

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

The sudden Extreme Girlization feels very... early El Goonish Shive lol

I haven't thought about that comic in 15 years, my god

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

meh. ill pass until that Not Yuri tag says byebye

edit: until the mc is a trans girl, thus earning the Yuri tag

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 4:31PM

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Not your average shounen...

Rsz_3inshot_20230212_001112125
joined Jun 20, 2013

ngl, i really like this one, very sweet and wholesome! can't wait to see more!

joined Apr 11, 2022

I mean this is an entirely complimentary rather than critical way - holy shit, this did not need the supernatural element. The dialogue and characterization and expressiveness is so freaking good that even as somebody who rarely reads het romance, the hook provided by a gimmick was completely unnecessary because I was already completely captivated. This feels like it's in an entirely different class of quality than 95% of manga.

Not related but where does your pfp come from?

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

Ah this is so good

joined Mar 19, 2022

inb4 the main character is written like a trans woman but the series vehemently denies anything queer the whole time. (This probably will not happen.)

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Hmm...Curious to see where this one goes. There's some good stuff, but I can never let myself get too hopeful.

Actually my guess is they TRADED genders. That would be wild.

Nah, you can see her on page 86 reacting to what happened, still in girl form. It also seems like she knew this might happen and that's why she was so hesitant to kiss.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Not related but where does your pfp come from?

woing

joined May 30, 2020

Either this author is goated and I need to read more of their work or Sappho Scans has absolutely outdone themselves this time. I imagine the real answer is both actually, lol. Wonderful work!!

joined Jun 25, 2021

I mean this is an entirely complimentary rather than critical way - holy shit, this did not need the supernatural element. The dialogue and characterization and expressiveness is so freaking good that even as somebody who rarely reads het romance, the hook provided by a gimmick was completely unnecessary because I was already completely captivated. This feels like it's in an entirely different class of quality than 95% of manga.

big agree. This was very impressive.

Also I wonder if that cat bag thing was also something supernatural. Blood on the bag and dude picked it up and carried it for several blocks without feeling that it's empty?

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Wholesome as HECK. And that lion thing was badass.

To reply you must either login or sign up.