Forum › Posts by Dreadset

joined May 30, 2020

This is a sequel to another one of Keyyan's oneshots! I found the first one on mangadex, I believe its called "don't call me 'senpai'" or something, its also a part of a yuri oneshot collection with various artists.

last edited at Mar 29, 2024 11:14PM

joined May 30, 2020

Either this author is goated and I need to read more of their work or Sappho Scans has absolutely outdone themselves this time. I imagine the real answer is both actually, lol. Wonderful work!!

joined May 30, 2020

Jotaro Voice
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Dreadset
Terumina discussion 30 Apr 07:18
joined May 30, 2020

Nightmare nightmare nightmare nightmare

Why did I read this at 4 am.

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 7:18AM

Dreadset
joined May 30, 2020

Hmm these're some pretty great tags, wonder why everyone is so confused? It can't be that-

-Oh okay.

Not what I expected/hoped for but at least it seems interesting. The tone shifts were jarring but I imagine that's the vibe we're aiming for here. Weird in a neat way.

joined May 30, 2020

I missed the omegaverse tag and that line about a model going into heat really threw me for a loop.

Dreadset
joined May 30, 2020
Telsonknife-1466025091133677568-img1

Ozen is like in the top 5 character designs of all time for me, which is wild considering Bondrewd is also up there, and Nanachi is a high-level contender. This series just knocks it out of the park all the time. Anyways cute af.

joined May 30, 2020

There's no yuri tag but I saw at least one pixiv post by the author with the tag "get married already" so take that into consideration? I guess?

Dreadset
Image Comments 09 Jan 07:03
joined May 30, 2020
Matu_gyu-1478366516865568770-img1

Ah, two of my favorite genres of anime girl, "Large" and "Exceptionally Sleep Deprived / Mildly Sociopathic." Together at last.

Dreadset
joined May 30, 2020

Ohhhhh so this is the original versions and the other ones were the AU. Fascinating.

Dreadset
Murasaki discussion 13 Nov 07:31
joined May 30, 2020

Thanks Kirin, would never have found this without the update.

Dreadset
joined May 30, 2020

The worldbuilding is finally happening. The titles of those books are... interesting to say the least?

joined May 30, 2020

Ngl I don't even see this as necessarily romantic, just cute. Toda clearly has wanted to express feelings of love/appreciation throughout the series, but her speech impediment usually stops her; this was just the best way to circumvent that problem. Whether it ends up with them being together in the future or not, they clearly have a connection that transcends "business partners." I mean, one of the main themes of the manga is like, destigmatizing sexually explicit art as purely about "utility," who's to say that a kiss is only about that traditional idea of romantic love? My point is it ain't bait, this is the natural conclusion.

Dreadset
joined May 30, 2020

Yeah "comedy slice of life" my ass, in before the eldritch creature behind the simulation is revealed.

If it really is just a comedy slice of life then like... what the hell man.
I think the main thing that unnerves me is the way the panels flow, it's like watching a Chris Nolan movie with the amount of time weirdness, and it doesn't work like a 4-koma where each page is a separate story. There's a random panel of the background with the NPC bunnies at the end of one page that seems to suggest like "oh this is the end of this segment and we're transitioning to a new place" and then it cuts right back to the same thing.

Like this is either the most genius psychological horror I've ever seen or a cute but nonsensical yuri bait.

Dreadset
Image Comments 31 Jul 04:41
joined May 30, 2020
E7it0wfvgaafxe8-orig

Would love to see some of the pixiv comics this artist has TL'd at some point in the future, digging this style. Also glasses girl here is S tier character design, all my fav tropes.

Dreadset
Lost discussion 12 Jul 02:31
joined May 30, 2020

Remember kids, you should always have mutual and earnest consent in any relationship. If you ever feel like the other person isn't as into whatever you're doing as you are, stop and talk about it. Thank you Sal for conveying this message in the most gut wrenching way possible.

joined May 30, 2020

This is the ending I wanted and all but it seems so compromised between the three that it’d eventually collapse.

If "So Do You Want to Go Out, or...?" has taught me anything, it's that even if you a relationship doesn't last, the experience is still important and meaningful. Whether these three stay together isn't made specifically clear, and it's obvious the author wanted to do more with them, but I don't think that them breaking up in the future would ruin the story we got. For one, I'm glad we actually got a story about a wholesome three-way relationship at all, that's rare.

joined May 30, 2020

You know Paris, France? In English, they pronounce it “Paris,” but everyone else pronounces it without the “s” sound, like the French do. But with Venezia, everyone says it the English way, “Venice.” Like The Merchant of Venice and Death in Venice... Why though?! Why isn’t the title Death in Venezia?! Are you friggin’ mocking me?! It takes place in Italy so use the Italian word, damn it! That shit pisses me off! Bunch of dumbasses!

Good chapter btw, although I never read the other versions.