Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Okay, Lapis is starting to grow on me a bit. Diana is still much better overall, but this is p. good.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I think this somewhat reflects Diana's view of "Natalie" as well. She wants to protect her, but has shown very little understanding of what Natori is looking for, what makes her happy. In this chapter again, what made Natori's heart beat for Lapis wasn't saving her, it was telling her that she has the strength and value to learn to love herself....

I think this somewhat reflects Diana's view of "Natalie" as well. She wants to protect her, but has shown very little understanding of what Natori is looking for, what makes her happy. In this chapter again, what made Natori's heart beat for Lapis wasn't saving her, it was telling her that she has the strength and value to learn to love herself.

Yes, completely agree to both. As I said earlier (in my much longer comments) Diana's feelings have mostly been insular. She's got a crush and desires for that crush to be fulfilled. She sulks when Natori is helped because she wasn't the one helping. Might have a lot to do with her inferiority complex and upbringing. She longs to prove herself always and can be reckless because of it (in action and in love). She hasn't really understood what issues Natori has and has therefore not worked to solve them in the way Lapis has managed. Lapis has always chosen her words carefully and showed that she understands Diana's issues with self worth. This chapter is just another example of Lapis understanding what Natori needs and doing so much with so little time, compared to Diana. It could be characterized as the difference between a deep relationship and a superficial, surface level one.

I do not think anyone is out of this race just yet, but the developments between Lapis and Natori have been far more prevalent, obvious, and impactful, even when Lapis is on-screen for like half a frame. It is also absolutely clear that if anyone has gotten through Natori's shell it is Lapis - "she noticed... she sees me." as well as shown in chapter 7. Diana has not yet managed to do so even though she's definitely tried, and in my eyes, it partly lies in the fact that Diana is still "just" a character.

Yes, I also agree. No one is technically out of the race yet but as things are now Diana is far behind in my opinion. She needs to show a deeper understanding of Natori and most importantly Natori has to show the same level of affection for Diana as she has shown for Lapis. So far shes viewed Diana superficially, like a character or an "Oshi." I don't think she's even considered Diana romantically even though Diana has been with her so long and has been so overbearing with her flirting. Even with that constant attention Natori hasn't been so moved by Diana. Compare that to Natori's brief interactions with Lapis and it seems clear that were Lapis around more consistently, she would have made much more progress than Diana has so far. Diana is benefitting from Lapis's absence (consider also that, that absence and closeness to Natori is being pushed and gifted by Lapis as well). Lapis wants Natori to grow, so she's willing to leave her with "good" people like Diana, at the expense of her own time with her. (Lapis is also clearly scheming and working behind the scenes and that's likely another reason for her few appearances). Yet Natori clearly has shown something deeper for Lapis that goes beyond their work relationship.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 7:35AM

joined Nov 10, 2022

Pls be poly, I can't stand Diana making that sad face.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job, Lapis-sama!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So is the story going for a reversal? Diana becomes a villain because of her crush on Natori. And the "jewel of magic" will be replaced by Natori.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Diana will never win against Lapis because she offers the single thing that Natori values the most...job satisfaction

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Diana will never win against Lapis because she offers the single thing that Natori values the most...job satisfaction

Please tell me this is sarcasm... Because no matter how much Natori likes to mistake her feelings for that, we as the readers really should know better.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Please tell me this is sarcasm... Because no matter how much Natori likes to mistake her feelings for that, we as the readers really should know better.

"What is this quaking excitement in my body? Why does my heart thunderously pound? OH I KNOW! IT MUST BE THE OVERWHELMING SATISFACTION OF A JOB WELL DONE!

I will say though that for someone who is severely undervalued and shafted the idea of an employer both recognizing and praising your hard work is some real potent stuff. Combine that with the fact that Lapis can also make Natori's heart pound like a war drum and that is a powerful combination.

joined Jul 22, 2022

Whoa we got Chapter 17 in just 2 days? Hot damn thank you so much

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 8:52AM

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I gotta say, I d9nt think I've ever seen a love triangle done this well in a manga. It feels real and not overly dramatic

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Diana look like she gonna be the new villainesse with those eyes.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

joined Oct 21, 2020

Someone is jelly hahahahahah

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Hope not but the ingredients are all there if they wanted to go that route. She has the background, has had some oddly aggressive moments and her affection/jealousy could easily get mixed in with her inferiority complex and that aggression. But she likes Lapis as well, so I don't see it yet. Would need to see more. This could just be a momentary issue. Although we still don't have a real antagonist yet...

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 12:22PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Urgh why does this have to drive the triangle so hard... but on the other hand the characters and art are so nice, how frustrating.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Damn the jealously in those eyes...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Diana looks like she might go down the yandere route...

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm still predicting Diana getting killed by the prince, now she even got a cool scar to look the part of the antagonist

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 11:19AM

joined Oct 12, 2017

Diana looks like she might go down the yandere route...

Yeaahhh... I get the feeling that we're basically going to tell the same story, but the characters are swapping roles and positions. :0

I kinda felt like things with Diana were moving too fast for this to be the endgame. She still doesn't get poor Natori's name right, and even though she's paying attention to Natori's feelings it really seems to be wrapped up in whether or not Diana is getting what she wants from her. "Is she paying attention to me?" "Am I making her happy?" "Why is she looking at Lapis like that when I'm right here?"

It's neatly thematic considering Natori's insecurity complex, too. Like, they both struggle with the same feelings but they're being driven in very different directions. Natori is conscious that she might be selfishly vying for other people's approval, but Diana very much isn't. Natori is getting the support and encouragement she needs, and those points in Diana's story that would have driven her to become the protagonist are being pulled out or replaced because of Natori's unintentional interventions. :x

Lapis won some serious points here, though. I wonder how we're going to handle her classism and shenanigans, later. I'm going to guess we're going to bring back the "I might not always be your ally, but I'll never be your enemy" bit, but hmmm... xD

This manga is spoiling me really badly after a bad week in the office. XD <3 Blessed AriteDrop for working so hard to get this out to us.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Holy shit why is this actually good?
I never thought I'd catch myself saying that a love triangle isekai would actually hook me.

Thank you berry berry berry berry mucho Translation group. love you peeps <3

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Diana sees the gap between their affection levels (and also their magic)

M1%20-%20memory%20snow.mkv_snapshot_07.53.879
joined Aug 9, 2021

I need the polyamory tag to become a reality for this manga in the future

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Diana seems pretty jealous there at the end, but I don't think Diana is as far behind Lapis in Natori's heart as she thinks. For starters, Lapis' words about "valuing oneself" echoed Diana's words from chapter 6, and Natori did notice the similarity. Of course, Diana has no way of knowing that. lol

In any case, it's an interesting love triangle. The point of contention is still the fact that Natori has low self-esteem. Both Diana and Lapis try to encourage her and boost her self-esteem but ultimately Natori has to find her own worth on her own.

On the other hand, I feel that Lapis trying to get Natori to serve the prince and Diana is a not too subtle attempt to put some distance between herself and Natori. I think Lapis wants to stay committed to her plan against the commoners and keeping Natori around is making it hard to do so.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 2:25PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I need the polyamory tag to become a reality for this manga in the future

I'm also cheering for poly route

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

The prince seems nice and all. I don't really hate him, even more, it seems like he is a good shipper for yuri team. Hopefully he could delivery a good polyamory tag to this very manga :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.