Forum › Harmony discussion

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Love at Fourteen is one of those manga that I kinda tossed on my "I'll give it a try eventually" list a long while back and never got around to but I do believe this has convinced me to go ahead and grab the first volume of it next time I order manga.

Until now I also didn't know it was from the same author as Lonely Wolf Lonely Sheep. That's one of my favorites and that gives me even more reason to give it a read.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

OH MY GOD IS THIS THE SIDE STORY TO THE ANGSTY BOY AND THE OTHER TEACHER???
Blessed dayyyyyyyyyyy
An absolute treasure, i loved the original series and i loved this side pairing so much. So glad there's a side story about them AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old middle school me is thrivinggggggggggg

Thanks for striking the goldmine once again Daphie

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 1:55AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

inb4 this gets tagged Drama

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Ooh...

:D

joined May 29, 2019

kowai

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

OH MY GOD IS THIS THE SIDE STORY TO THE ANGSTY BOY AND THE OTHER TEACHER???
Blessed dayyyyyyyyyyy

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seconded.

inb4 this gets tagged Drama

Considering the epilogue of the original story, I only feel bad for the possible new love interest. Unless all she does is meddle and sabotage because she's "ambitious." Even then, the teacher and the student have their story set in stone, so I'm more worried about Shiki. Well, 14-sai and Reliance are low stakes drama heavy, so it would be weird if this one didn't follow suit and went the route of the third story Game Over instead (and the hand getting caught in the door is already pretty dramatic).

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 11:04AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I saw the Het tag and thought, “Meh” (not strongly for or against, just “meh”), but then realized it was Daphie and her goddess-level taste, and then realized it was a 14-sai spinoff, so now I’m excited for this.

I happened to have just read the whole main series recently, and have been warning people in the Reliance forum that we might well expect:

• Age gap treated as not a problem—yes, maybe an age-compatibility problem, maybe a role-appropriateness problem, but not a moral problem.

• Some, um, observational behavior that in other series would be treated as stalking instead treated as, um, a commitment to observational behavior.

• Some selective epiphanies—i.e., nobody else notices [X] about a character or about the relationship between two characters, except one person suddenly sees something and has a realization.

That’s just how the series rolls.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm happy this series has sparked some interest! Of course I'd be interested in a tumultuous age gap relationship, I hope it continues delivering!!! I loved 14-sai no Koi's style and delivery methos, so I'm confident ^_^

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I saw the Het tag and thought, “Meh” (not strongly for or against, just “meh”), but then realized it was Daphie and her goddess-level taste, and then realized it was a 14-sai spinoff, so now I’m excited for this.

After doing Reliance, I had bought the raws of this one and was contemplating doing it, but while I wanted to read it, I'm not that interested in translating het age gap and since it's right up Daphie's alley, I suggested her to do it and gave her the CLRD raws.

Glad to see she did a quick and good job. I look forward for how this series develops. Though I think that in the end, it'll probably turn out like Game Over (with a bit more drama).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, I also think this will develop like the other series of that author. With a happy end once Nagai is of age in a few years. The drama in her series never go overboard. It's usually the older female who's all flustered and the young boy who gets more assertive as the story progresses. I see this first chapter as a repeat of Game Over.

The Reliance series should be a bit more interesting (for me at least) because there's more potential for angst and drama in the lesbian setting.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The Reliance series should be a bit more interesting (for me at least) because there's more potential for angst and drama in the lesbian setting.

Also a new MC.

But you've put your finger on part of the appeal of yuri as a romance genre for me--more interesting and more varied conflicts than in shoujo romance.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Sees tags: "No thanks. Not my thing."
Sees author: "Pshh. Tags? What tags? Itadakimasu!"

kowai

Trying to figure out how to take that. Do you mean the general premise is scary or something specific is scary, or did you mean "kawaii" instead? Because I could see any of those applying here.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

kowai

Trying to figure out how to take that. Do you mean the general premise is scary or something specific is scary, or did you mean "kawaii" instead? Because I could see any of those applying here.

Probably just a misspelling of "cow eye".

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Yeeeeessssss my favorite couple

joined Jan 14, 2020

haha, inverse of "senpai notice me"

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/harmony_ch02#11

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

This series is pretty good actually. It just disturbs me a bit when I remember he’s 14.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Good stuff

joined Sep 14, 2014

yessss daphie....only hinohara x nagai......no one else shall come between them...not even another school girl

joined Sep 14, 2014

thriving, thank you for the update

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

you're welcome! ngl though, i'm a bit disappointed by the general lack of excitement for this side series, haha, so i'm happy to know you were waiting for it :)

last edited at Dec 23, 2022 8:48PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm skeptical that it was all just to get her barefoot, seems excessively Xanatos Gambit. Though we did have manipulation as a theme, with Second Girl trying to cut the travel time needed for stalking her crush.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Just for the spite, I hope he's reached his adult height early so he can't ever be taller than Hinohara.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

you're welcome! ngl though, i'm a bit disappointed by the general lack of excitement for this side series, haha, so i'm happy to know you were waiting for it :)

That reception is not too surprising around these parts, though: het-only, age-gap, teacher-student, and a frankly unprepossessing male MC. (Plus the straight female MC is causing the yuri nurse to have a sad.)

I like it, though.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

It's one of my favorite mangas and my favorite couple

My hype is seconded to none

:D

joined Jan 14, 2020

Thanks for the chapter!

(Is the male teacher being a wingman for Hinohara and middle-schooler Nagai???)

(also would the story make more sense if Nagai were in high school?)

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 2:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.