Forum › Harmony discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

rainbow8 posted:

Thanks for the chapter!

(Is the male teacher being a wingman for Hinohara and middle-schooler Nagai???)

(also would the story make more sense if Nagai were in high school?)

As far as I remember, the male vocal teacher here is gay and is in love with another (male) teacher.

Another girl student has a crush on that other teacher (who's not in love with anyone).

14-Sai no Koi is about a web of various relationships inside the school, besides the MCs' one.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks for the chapter!

(Is the male teacher being a wingman for Hinohara and middle-schooler Nagai???)

(also would the story make more sense if Nagai were in high school?)

I think this is that weird manga thing where there’s often a notable disjunction between the characters’ stipulated age/grade-level and their appearance/actions. To me, it seems to be the case in any number of series that so-called “middle-schoolers” look and act like late-high-schoolers, and high-school students seem to be 3-5 years older than their grade level.

In the famous manga/anime Akira, we’re told that the MCs, who are out gang-banging and getting wrapped up in apocalyptic political/scientific conspiracies, are all 15 years old. (When I think of me and my friends at 15, we . . .didn’t look or act like that.)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This manga and its related ones definitely spend most of the time (not quite all, but most) having the middle school characters feel like they're in late high school. But I don't feel like talking about that because I feel like we've thrashed it out masses of times.

So, I just want to mention how hilarious I found it watching that gloomy, grumpy guy trying to look cheerful doing "Singing in the Rain". Final twist was pretty damn funny too.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Haha Daphnie, you already know why Hinohara is happy lol

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

If these two don't end up together, I will wail on my bed for a whole week.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Haha Daphnie, you already know why Hinohara is happy lol

I know, but so often my wishfulness ends up making me believe stuff that is not there, so I leave some doubt in the air, hahaha

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh wow, that was pretty stupid. Expecting 12/13 year olds to have already fallen in love and looking down on them because they didn't was the worst take ever. You don't have to be "in love" to express emotions in singing.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Oh wow, that was pretty stupid. Expecting 12/13 year olds to have already fallen in love and looking down on them because they didn't was the worst take ever. You don't have to be "in love" to express emotions in singing.

It's Japan were talking about, lol, they're expecting people to mature very fast and love in a heterocentric way very early, lol, and im any cases, I'm sure the teachers thought they were being funny by saying that... \°~°/

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

These juries are such bitches lol it was very annoying for a punchline

joined Jan 11, 2022

I really like Hinohara and Nagai, always liked the pair in "Love at 14". The realization that Hinohara can't (or doesn't want to!) crush any feelings she has for Nagai was great.

Also a week to translate! Ouch!
Thanks for the update as always.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Suddenly, fear. Time to fire up the angst machine!

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

Morally, I question this manga
Personally, I love it?
It’s like Yuzumori-san experience all over again lol

last edited at Mar 24, 2024 3:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.