Forum › Your Scent is a Little Sweet discussion

joined Dec 17, 2021

Transtional chapter, but still invested in silver-hair girl jealousy and/or possesiveness.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Zhu Ci is certainly living the life

joined Oct 2, 2021

Gang bang in session

joined Dec 12, 2022

hello everyone
I miss that story a lot, and I look forward to more translated chapters !!!pleaaaase

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 2:51AM by Stan Miller

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Just a f.y.i throwing a cellphone is a terrible defense agaist the undead.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Just a f.y.i throwing a cellphone is a terrible defense agaist the undead.

I hear that if you soak it in ritually sanctified water first, it can at least inflict some minor burns on them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Page 4 confirms that the story takes place in a magical reality (that is, beyond the whole ABO thing), because there is no way so many stars would be visible through a large city's light pollution. :-)

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It's been plenty of chapters before they mentioned that nonsense again,and it's pretty much possible for this entire story to happen without it.

At least it's so low key that it hasn't raised the cringe factor in quite the while.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Maybe what we are seeing now is a "mainstreamization" of the ABO/omegaverse concept? As far as I understand it, it had begun as a niche fetish based on a popular misunderstanding of animal relationships, but as more authors encounter it, it starts losing its focus on non-consensual sex and becomes just another New Weird setting to write stories in. Since the number of authors and readers who are into light and fluffy plots is much higher than that of those into animalistic rape fantasies, the number of works that focus on relationships and plot over ABO will similarly increase as more and more people discover it. It's all just a hypothesis at this point, though.

ABO finds its origin, like all of modern fanfiction itself, in Star Trek. Specifically in Kirk x Spock fics, because in startrek Vulcans go into "Pon Farr" aka heat/rut. ABO is a result of people taking that already existing dynamic and turning it into a more universal variant that could apply to almost any setting(and therefore any ship).

I have no idea why the writers of star trek chose to have Spock go into rut, but we all have to live with the consequences of that decision.

I've personally never really had any issues with encountering noncon/dubcon in any ABO I've read(at least not between the protagonists), but I'm starting to think I've just been very lucky, so I can't really say if it going mainstream has anything to do with it. Based on what I've heard about it though it does sound like straight ABO is more rapey than sapphic ABO, so that might have something to do with it too. All though that doesn't explain what others have mentioned in this thread.

I originally thought A/B/O was from the Doctor Who Universe in the early 2000's. What with the rampant fanfiction and stuff. Or that just a Subgenre?

last edited at Feb 12, 2023 5:45PM

joined Nov 3, 2021

ABO finds its origin, like all of modern fanfiction itself, in Star Trek. Specifically in Kirk x Spock fics, because in startrek Vulcans go into "Pon Farr" aka heat/rut. ABO is a result of people taking that already existing dynamic and turning it into a more universal variant that could apply to almost any setting(and therefore any ship).

I have no idea why the writers of star trek chose to have Spock go into rut, but we all have to live with the consequences of that decision.

I originally thought A/B/O was from the Doctor Who Universe in the early 2000's. What with the rampant fanfiction and stuff. Or that just a Subgenre?

After the Star Trek episode, Ursula K Le Guin used the concept of a species that goes into rut in her 1969 novel "The Left Hand of Darkness" (it's called Kemmer there).

But modern ABO seems to have its start, like so many other things, in the Supernatural fandom. Usually with werewolf stories in particular. It spread when SuperWhoLock was a thing.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Don't you just hate it when that thing that'd me most embarrassing to you in that particular moment just immediately happens. D: I'd say that it's a bad cliche, but I have actually been there myself (the most embarrassing thing happening despite carefully laid plans, I mean, not buying alpha suppressants)...

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Since the cringe factor has gone up slightly and people are talking about it again,here's your reminder that the whole premise in which the Alpha,Beta,Omega nonsense stems from,the so called hierarchy of wolves,is completely unnatural.

The man who did the research,and later in life regretted it,took a bunch of random wolves from the wild and locked them in capativity before studying them.

Actual wolf hierarchy is two parents and their offspring,of which the offspring will split off,find their opposite,and start their own pack.

As for the actual fiction that takes place,blaming a characters' lack of human decency on their animalistic trait of wanting to smash someones' brains out because they smell like a breedable toy is on equal terms of cringe as the mention that some of these stories include that "Beta males have no bell end and are impregnated by Alphas who have a bell end".

This comic,though,is the least cringe,and thank goodness for that,albeit the story as a whole is pretty straightforward with ot without the cringe factor.

Yipeevois
joined Nov 29, 2022

Absolute suffering when something goes exactly how you didn't want it to go

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Since the cringe factor has gone up slightly and people are talking about it again,here's your reminder that the whole premise in which the Alpha,Beta,Omega nonsense stems from,the so called hierarchy of wolves,is completely unnatural.

The man who did the research,and later in life regretted it,took a bunch of random wolves from the wild and locked them in capativity before studying them.

Actual wolf hierarchy is two parents and their offspring,of which the offspring will split off,find their opposite,and start their own pack.

I just realised that you've written this same dumb comment on multiple omegaverse stories over the span of years, and that makes you more cringey than any story ever could be, I hope you know. Get a new hobby. Write your own story instead of the same trite comment over and over again.

Here's some other things that may have escaped your attention:

Firstly, using the term alpha - which is a real term regardless of how you feel about its origins - does not mean that it is has anything at all to do with wolves. The mechanics of this world are nothing like the much-hated wolf pack social hierarchy because there is no pack, it's based on human society and coupling.

Secondly, you're ignoring the blatant fact that it did actually happen. Someone can't base stories off of a concept because it only happened to wolves once in captivity? This is a reason not to use the "alpha" mechanic on your wolf stories, because it makes you look uneducated, but that is no reason to not take the idea of something that really actually happened and make a completely unrelated fictional idea from it.

And the fact that you go on and on and on about it, even bringing it up multiple times in the same comment section, makes you more than a little obsessed with nonsense about what inspiration people should be allowed to use to create a story.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

wolf hierarchy debunked

yes this is true

commenting on multiple omegaverse stories bc you find the premise cringe

if you don't like it, just blacklist the omegaverse tag and leave it be lol

Alice Nightrose
1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

I need more yuri omegaverse in my life

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

Hear, hear!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Que has found herself a new ship to fawn over, while Chu (?) looks like she's planning something all the time, though maybe it's just her glasses?

I'd be cautious to commit to that statement myself, but I would like more stories like this one. I have never consumed any old school ABO fanfiction that NARESH4444 keeps railing against, so to me, the genre is more defined by stories like this comic and Best Friends, which focus on the already-messy relationships between adults being additionally complicated by a rare genetic disorder that switches their prefrontal cortices off in certain situations. Seen that way, omegaverse is just another New Weird setting, no more peculiar than, say, Simoun's (even if the latter did have the good fortune to not be associated with rape fantasy fanfics).

last edited at Mar 2, 2023 5:03AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I just realised that you've written this same dumb comment on multiple omegaverse stories over the span of years, and that makes you more cringey than any story ever could be, I hope you know. Get a new hobby. Write your own story instead of the same trite comment over and over again.

Here's some other things that may have escaped your attention:

Firstly, using the term alpha - which is a real term regardless of how you feel about its origins - does not mean that it is has anything at all to do with wolves. The mechanics of this world are nothing like the much-hated wolf pack social hierarchy because there is no pack, it's based on human society and coupling.

The Alpha term orginates from the wolf misconception,and considering the calibre of people who are called "Alphas"/"Alpha male"/"Alpha female" are almost exclusively jerks,there is no reason at all to further boost their egos.

The mechanics of this world are literally based on that wolf aspect,where the Alphas are the bit shots,the Betas the aside to the Alphas,and the Omegas are the living sex scented candles.

IE as scapegoat they can conviniently push blame to for their own behaviour.

Secondly, you're ignoring the blatant fact that it did actually happen. Someone can't base stories off of a concept because it only happened to wolves once in captivity? This is a reason not to use the "alpha" mechanic on your wolf stories, because it makes you look uneducated, but that is no reason to not take the idea of something that really actually happened and make a completely unrelated fictional idea from it.

It did happen,but it was a huge unnatural occurence that was taken as scientific fact for so long that it falsely ingrained itself,had it not,we wouldn't have this ego booster for jerks and the almost as bad as reincarnation trope(especially in some Western fiction)that is a scapegoat for people who have human brains,the very brains that created concepts such as forgiveness from above being divine,morals for creating a better soceity,the science that proved that girls liking girls is normal(not the gays trying to corrupt your sweet child with their propoganda)and not trying to harass someone simply because they made you horny.

Taking something unnatural that has long since proven to be a massive falsehood and shoving it down as a new natural for your character who clearly knows much better isn't a good inspiration,nor one that should be allowed to continue.

The same goes with consuming alcohol,smoking,and blaming other vices for the issues one has caused.

And the fact that you go on and on and on about it, even bringing it up multiple times in the same comment section, makes you more than a little obsessed with nonsense about what inspiration people should be allowed to use to create a story.

No one should be allowed to it use anymore,for it will just add to the massive sea of misconceptions about the whole thing,further propogating the issue(even after the boomers of now get replaced by the TikTikors in 20 to 40 years time),with very few places actually ciitng the truth.

Might as well spend my forum induced PTSD points into a crusade that will ultimately lead to nothing more then a few more informed people then before,whilst chuckling over the silly aspects of all the entertainment media that doesn't directly involve the trope.

Feel free to ignore me n' me ramblings,like anyone would with anyone else on these interwebs.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'd be cautious to commit to that statement myself, but I would like more stories like this one. I have never consumed any old school ABO fanfiction that NARESH4444 keeps railing against, so to me, the genre is more defined by stories like this comic and Best Friends, which focus on the already-messy relationships between adults being additionally complicated by a rare genetic disorder that switches their prefrontal cortices off in certain situations.

And this one. Don't forget this one.
Best ABO I've ever read.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am finding this one actually sweet. I am not too fond of the omegaverse thing but this one is quite nice, last one I read was "best friends", and I liked it even tho the main relationship was a wee "problematic" let us say.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

god is sending me his cutest chapter updates

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'd be cautious to commit to that statement myself, but I would like more stories like this one. I have never consumed any old school ABO fanfiction that NARESH4444 keeps railing against, so to me, the genre is more defined by stories like this comic and Best Friends, which focus on the already-messy relationships between adults being additionally complicated by a rare genetic disorder that switches their prefrontal cortices off in certain situations.

Best ABO I've ever read.

Villainess and Omegaverse? That's certainly a treat -- thanks for sharing!

joined Dec 17, 2021

Yeah. But I want one with a reluctant Alpha and an aggressive Omega that is just a series of plot conveniences that lead to smut.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Best ABO I've ever read.

Hands down best (original) ABO work I've read as well. So so so so good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.