Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I kinda like it but also it makes no sense. Having pop up messages like that with tasks means you wouldnt have been reborn on some other world- its literally inside a game and nobody is real right? Or is this fantasy world literally run by some super computer in orbit somehow lol?

After seeing Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru, nothing surprises me anymore.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

I kinda like it but also it makes no sense. Having pop up messages like that with tasks means you wouldnt have been reborn on some other world- its literally inside a game and nobody is real right? Or is this fantasy world literally run by some super computer in orbit somehow lol?

She would be very detached from everything and not really care for her 'family' or others if she knew she was trapped in a game and if she ever got out anything that happened inside it wouldnt matter right? (except for the mental impact)

I like the art and characters and story in general, but I can't reconcile the details of the setting into something that makes sense to me.

It would have been so much better to have it in a real fantasy world setting- like her 'tasks' were deilvered by little cherubs/devils from 'god' or whatever wanted her to act in this manner.

I bet it's an isekai where the two MC are aware they are inside a game but only the red-headed one remembers their past life together.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 9:46AM

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I feel like there's some small world building or setup I missed somewhere, but I suppose Isekai has so many common tropes I can mostly make do with inference.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

elevown posted:

She would be very detached from everything and not really care for her 'family' or others if she knew she was trapped in a game and if she ever got out anything that happened inside it wouldnt matter right? (except for the mental impact)

I like the art and characters and story in general, but I can't reconcile the details of the setting into something that makes sense to me.

It would have been so much better to have it in a real fantasy world setting- like her 'tasks' were deilvered by little cherubs/devils from 'god' or whatever wanted her to act in this manner.

Yeah we're missing too many details in favor of the system, we don't know if she was born into that world as a baby or if she just took over one day an adult body, literally wiping out the previous soul from existence, I always find issue with this kind of setting, like with Bakarina.

It's not an issue if it's just a game but it looks like we're dealing with real people, we don't know anything about her previous life and family yet and we don't know if she cares about her new family, and the system arbitrary made up some kind of crime to make her take the punishment just like that, and the family just accepted her fate?

Depending on the next chapter we'll have to measure how serious we should take this whole story, maybe it's all an excuse for some fun bdsm fanservice and if that's the case, it's fine, but we really need to know soon.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Wait, hold up. So what happened at the end of 1st chpt was an actual timeskip?

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I wonder if the heroine has her own system pop-ups that she's navigating to chase after Evie

joined Jun 25, 2021

that was beautiful

I wonder if the heroine has her own system pop-ups that she's navigating to chase after Evie

oh! that sounds likely

chapter 2 page 5 is peak yuri.

absolutely

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 11:39AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I'm.... very curious about what'll happen but the weird timeline shift is confusing the hell outta me so far!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Serenata I agree sensible answers only matter if we are meant to take it seriously- its fine as is if its just gonna be a fun mostly comedy thing we are not meant to think on deeply.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 12:17PM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

The system: ... YOU GET AWAY THIS TIME!!

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Theory: The system is trying to force the heroine towards one of the LIs. She's got her own system popups that she's actively avoiding in order to chase Evie. That's why she got possessed the first chapter: she was being punished.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Theory: The system is trying to force the heroine towards one of the LIs. She's got her own system popups that she's actively avoiding in order to chase Evie. That's why she got possessed the first chapter: she was being punished.

Plausible enough, especially since Evie's orders were also to push her or watch her jump. The system is adjusting their behavior towards the expected story by any means necessary.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Reminds me of Beware of the Villainess more than anything else. Whatever happened to it I wonder

Batoto has been updating it. it's nearly done actually

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This is the usual way systems work in these kinds of stories. Since a few people seem confused about it I'll try to explain.

This manhua (and many novels) operate with "systems" which are usually computer-like programs that control the world, and attempt to push the main characters to follow a pre-determined "plot" that's usually designed to get an FL (female lead) and an ML (male lead) together. For reincarnated people such as the villainess in our story, they are often given a set of tasks to bully or harass the FL in such a way that the ML can come and save her, thus pushing those two together and making the "plot" move forward.

Think of it like a game world where the system is a giant overarching computer/mechanized thing that works to keep whatever plot intact. In this case the villainess system is attempting to make Eve act the part of antagonist in order to comply with the original otome game dating sim plot, and the punishments are equivalent to trying to "debug" the world so the program runs smoothly.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

This is the usual way systems work in these kinds of stories. Since a few people seem confused about it I'll try to explain.

This manhua (and many novels) operate with "systems" which are usually computer-like programs that control the world, and attempt to push the main characters to follow a pre-determined "plot" that's usually designed to get an FL (female lead) and an ML (male lead) together. For reincarnated people such as the villainess in our story, they are often given a set of tasks to bully or harass the FL in such a way that the ML can come and save her, thus pushing those two together and making the "plot" move forward.

Think of it like a game world where the system is a giant overarching computer/mechanized thing that works to keep whatever plot intact. In this case the villainess system is attempting to make Eve act the part of antagonist in order to comply with the original otome game dating sim plot, and the punishments are equivalent to trying to "debug" the world so the program runs smoothly.

Oooh thanks for the explanation. I was halfway assuming Heroine girl actually had control over the panels or something

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Omg the hearts in her eyes when she realised she was being bullied lol. Also, that first bully task is just messed up, using a sharp object to scar a person's face isn't bullying that's just malicious. I am liking this a lot so far.

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

When I thinked the isekai villainess yuri genre is finish I see this one and I have to say is fucking good, hope to see more soon

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 5:16PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wow

joined Oct 3, 2016

Elsa: So Evie asked me if I was a masochist and I said no. You know, like a liar.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

i can see this happening.. or this was originally the case but somehow, in the intervening time between Ch1 and Ch2, the heroine managed to break her system somehow which now pushes her to get bullied by Evie

joined Sep 22, 2021

BROOOOOOOo

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

I think I'll like the plot and all, but how would the villainess benefit from bullying the protagonist in public like the protagonist said? Kinda sounds dumb ngl

idk lol,her reputation is bad enough because of the villainess system

it will only make it worse imo

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i'm waiting for the day when the villainess system told her to take her first kiss or something XD

joined Oct 7, 2021

Can someone give me the link for the light/web novel version, please?

How%20do%20i%20fix%20this
joined Nov 29, 2018

Can someone give me the link for the light/web novel version, please?

@Lalalaid

I believe it's a completely original work, if you want to try and go digging your best bet would be 赤色 or Chìsè, as the author, and looking in Chinese.
The other person listed as an author is likely a group of people who work together to release comics considering one of their alternative names on baka-updates lists them as "Hedgehog Cat Comics"

Here's the stuff I could find from digging around if you want to continue my search

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=43744 <- Ciwei Mao Yuedu or Hedgehog Cat
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=190020 <- Lists 赤色 as a secondary author who has no author page
https://manga.bilibili.com/detail/mc30716 <- a link to the Chinese page for the web-comic

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 2:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.