Forum › A Fruitless Betrothal discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

What is implied by coming out - that her parents know? Her friends know? Her colleagues? Students?

JiaoJiao means a pretty girl, right? Or is there more to why it sounds funny?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_fruitless_betrothal_ch02#8

She clearly comes out to her parents, they don't take it well, and she leaves or is kicked out. (She tells them she doesn't need them, she tells her friend they kicked her out.)

And at least one friend gave her advice about coming out, thus also knows.

I figure there's a near-zero chance she's out to her colleagues, let alone students. That would scare off teachers even in the modern US, I think, and this is in China...

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 6:21PM

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Zhang Guo definitely knows more that she's lettimg on and looks very calculating... so let's see what happens...

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

The thumbs up lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The thumbs up lol

And with the engagement ring in full view. Mixed messages, at least from Useless-sensei's POV.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I just noticed in the title theres a picture of an apple core thats been eaten, does the pun of “fruitless” in fruitless betrothal actually carry between languages?

joined Jul 24, 2020

both of them look like guys no?

joined Oct 7, 2021

I just noticed in the title theres a picture of an apple core thats been eaten, does the pun of “fruitless” in fruitless betrothal actually carry between languages?

It definitely does haha ^^ the 无果 (wu guo) of 无果的婚约 is 'fruitless', literally! But since 果 (guo) is also part of Zhang Guo's name, another way of interpreting the title is 'A Betrothal Without (Zhang) Guo', interesting...

To reply you must either login or sign up.