Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'll keep translating it anyway.

Appreciated.

Especially as, no matter how good work they usually do, their chosen translation for the title makes not sense if you've actually read it.

Throwing the title into Google Translate makes it look like they just did a fairly straightforward translation of the title though.

Is that the way a rental listing for a place like that would be worded? The “with Landlord” would seem to be the relevant part here . . .

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Appreciated.

Especially as, no matter how good work they usually do, their chosen translation for the title makes not sense if you've actually read it.

Throwing the title into Google Translate makes it look like they just did a fairly straightforward translation of the title though.

Is that the way a rental listing for a place like that would be worded? The “with Landlord” would seem to be the relevant part here . . .

Ah right, I forgot the actual context for that. Yeah, in that case it is oddly worded for it.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Let a thousand translations bloom!

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Always a good time. I can understand her worry about that. Can feel like apathy. In this case, though it just seems like they get along well enough that fights aren't an issue (and Oneesan is generally laid back--also maybe cautious from her previous relationships). Good that they talked about it to set expectations.

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 1:22PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Y'know, I understand that Miyako's reason for being worried is that "onee-san is treating me like a child and not acknowledging me as an adult by turning a blind eye on every bad thing I do" which is bad when they are supposed to be lovers, but I really agree with Asako on that one. Getting into heated arguments over stuff that can easily be discussed in a cool-headed way is imo one of the reasons many relationships end up being more painful than pleasant, specially when there is cohabitation involved.
I liked this wholesome chapter. Although we kinda know some drama (or just a minor conflict) is about to come after the end of the previous chapter, this slice of life-ish chapter was a nice read.

joined May 10, 2021

That grin at the end... Miyako is just thirsty for attention lmao
I guess Asako's past experience shows through her wisdom however.
Now I wonder how long the fluff will continue before we get to the looming drama, or whatever that character (manager?) with the idol band, is cooking.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

They need a double bed.

Appreciated.

(https://i.imgur.com/vAQFzNH.png)

I have no idea how this is making you think "in the garden" would be a "fairly straightforward translation". It's just plain wrong even before considering the actual story.

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 2:00PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

If you're a person that drinks all the milk and puts it back in the fridge I hope you stub your pinky toe daily for a year.

Also seems like she's slowly unlocking some kink where she want to be yelled at and possibly degraded and maybe even a little bit of being stepped on.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

If you're a person that drinks all the milk and puts it back in the fridge I hope you stub your pinky toe daily for a year.

Amen.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Ex idol girl is a pain in the ass, my ass.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Chapter reminds me of a first date I had, where she was late, and I accepted her excuse as reasonable, and she got really worried that I didn't seem angry. From what else I knew, I'd guess that yelling and maybe physical intimidation were more what she was used to.

Also seems like she's slowly unlocking some kink where she want to be yelled at and possibly degraded and maybe even a little bit of being stepped on.

Hot.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Y'know, I understand that Miyako's reason for being worried is that "onee-san is treating me like a child and not acknowledging me as an adult by turning a blind eye on every bad thing I do" which is bad when they are supposed to be lovers, but I really agree with Asako on that one. Getting into heated arguments over stuff that can easily be discussed in a cool-headed way is imo one of the reasons many relationships end up being more painful than pleasant, specially when there is cohabitation involved.

I don't think she wants an argument but she wants to feel like Oneesan is not being traditionally, superficially polite. Idea being that you're closer if you're able to be angry or voice disagreements with a person. It can be seen as being more natural and vulnerable. So she just wants a little push back (which she gets at the end) rather than what could feel like a lack personal closeness.

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 4:17PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

They need a double bed.

Appreciated.

(https://i.imgur.com/vAQFzNH.png)

I have no idea how this is making you think "in the garden" would be a "fairly straightforward translation". It's just plain wrong even before considering the actual story.

Dunno what to tell ya. I'm admittedly not a smart person.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Yeah I think it was more like 'babe, you don't have to fake polite with me. If I'm being annoying tell me >('

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

She needs to mature a bit lol. But yeah seems like she just wants attention. I mean, they've barely... xD done anything. Poor Miyako.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's hinted they don't sleep in the same bed anyway.

The author obviously wants to keep it wholesome, so I doubt there will be any allusion about a sex life or whatever. Not even sure they'll kiss onscreen.

They're now in a romantic relationship and that's all there's to say about it.

Voyeurs, move on.

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 2:27AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

These two sleep in bunk beds.
Onee-sans on top.

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 6:29AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The way I see it, Miyako's real concern here is that Asako may seem to be falling back into her behavior from her previous relationships, always trying hard to avoid anything that could upset her partner. And that is not what Miyako wants, as she made clear in the birthday chapter when she found out about some of Asako's past. She just wants Asako to be herself, to not hold back out of some unnecessary concern.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

But... But she does get angry. When Miyako eats the thingy and with the empty milk she gets "handy" with her. I know it's in a very cartoony way, but she grabs her. I'm unsure if we should count the start of this chapter, where Asako enjoys Miyako sneaking into her bed.

And the potted plant situation was ridiculous, like calm down ma'am both the book and other interwebz sources told you stuff is fine. And Miyako was even playing along for a bit, but how long can you pretend to be worried over a plant that's behaving the correct way?

Like I get what this chapter was sort of trying to get at, outside of just showing their everyday life, but it's not like Miyako killed her hamster or something. Unless it was just Miyako being a cheeky brat and wanting attention and there's no deeper meaning to it.

joined Sep 10, 2022

The way I see it, Miyako's real concern here is that Asako may seem to be falling back into her behavior from her previous relationships, always trying hard to avoid anything that could upset her partner. And that is not what Miyako wants, as she made clear in the birthday chapter when she found out about some of Asako's past. She just wants Asako to be herself, to not hold back out of some unnecessary concern.

Yeah that's it. It's not a major issue but it's normal for Asako to talk about it and realize that Miyako just behaves a bit differently than Asako might and Miyako is not actually distant from her. So "not being that angry" actually is Miyako being herself and Asako now knows not to worry as much about it (for the time being, at least). Good communication from them.

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 8:49AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And the potted plant situation was ridiculous, like calm down ma'am both the book and other interwebz sources told you stuff is fine. And Miyako was even playing along for a bit, but how long can you pretend to be worried over a plant that's behaving the correct way?

Before I gave up trying to raise plants entirely, I would look at them almost entirely as a resonsibility, and even when I “knew” a certain plant shouldn’t get too much water, I’d sometimes water them early “just to make sure.” And I’m not especially obsessive about most things. So exaggeration, sure, but not totally out of bounds, imo.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

finally got a line, kind of

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Whoa, a story involving two people who are a couple, and the author knows that couples can still have dramatic tension without making it a toxic relationship? Did I save a bus full of children in my past life or something?

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 1:45PM

joined Jul 1, 2020

It is nice the Manga doesn't end the minute the couple get together but we get to see them continue to negotiate aspects of their relationship and understand each other better. Admittedly, I was hoping Miyako might be push Asakp to take up space in the relationship instead of always molding herself to fit her partner. Nonetheless, I have to imagine this is one of the few, if maybe first relationship Miyako has been in so growing pains make sense. Plus, being an idol must result in some unusual interactions and paradigms on relationships. Hope the author continues to explore specific storyline related to their respective back stories.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Dude what

To reply you must either login or sign up.