Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
She can easily explain that in order to go support nanase for the match, she did a compensate dating. In that case, it is not quite cheating and it is now in the grey area as prostitution.

That is the key here. Both cheating and prostitution elements are here. How you interpret these two words is up to you. For me it is a compromise between cheating and prostitution. Cheating has some elements of love in it, plus you know the person whom you cheated with. Prostitution has no such thing and is purely a financial deal. So in this case, it is a half-and-half. (or 100% both).
If someone who has a girlfriend, and who is completely drunk or high on drugs, and ended up having sex in that condition with some completely random stranger inside a bar bathroom, and got paid for it....half and half or 100% both is the same.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

^
Yeah, I understand that, if she only does compensate dating without cheating, it would be OK telling Nanase

But here we have Nanase putting Asahina in the spot, into very embarrassing and humiliating situation
Nanase does not ask about circumstances, she's just assuming that Yuni will be there, cheering on her.
Nanase is cruel, totally insensitive. She will be surrounded with girls from club, spend night with them, and she asks Asahina to come ALONE and wander around

It's completely selfish and inconsiderate.

There's no chance that Yuni can tell her about lacking money
without humiliating herself more than gaining money even by prostitution

That's why this manga is so interesting. All morally questionable things are challenged and justified

joined Jun 27, 2022

^
Yeah, I understand that, if she only does compensate dating without cheating, it would be OK telling Nanase

But here we have Nanase putting Asahina in the spot, into very embarrassing and humiliating situation
Nanase does not ask about circumstances, she's just assuming that Yuni will be there, cheering on her.
Nanase is cruel, totally insensitive. She will be surrounded with girls from club, spend night with them, and she asks Asahina to come ALONE and wander around

It's completely selfish and inconsiderate.

There's no chance that Yuni can tell her about lacking money
without humiliating herself more than gaining money even by prostitution

That's why this manga is so interesting. All morally questionable things are challenged and justified

Nanases just asked her to come, the normal thing to do would be to talk about it that she can't go because of financial reasons. She's still a minor, there's nothing humiliating about admitting it. Instead she just agrees and basically prostitutes herself to go. And that Fuko uses her economic power to pressure her just shows what a toxic manipulative player she is.

You think all the backstabbing and cheating is ok because she's just 17 and doesnt know how to cope with a girlfriend that is neglecting her? Same goes for Nanase, it's her first relationship and she too is figuring things out. And man at least she's trying and getting better, meanwhile Yuni keeps playing around with Fuuko.

Nanase ain't cruel, just inexperienced and not considerate enough. Yuni on the other hand is total trash for cheating and lying to her. Fuuko is pretty scummy as well, shes emotionaly torturing yuni to get what she wants, exploiting all her insecurities and weaknesses to push her over the edge.

People tend to like Fuuko cause she's beautiful, charming, confidant and wealthy for her age. The way she courts yuni is incredibly toxic though, she really uses all means necessary, willingly hurting and blaming yuni in the process. She's blackmailing and stripping yuni of her self worth. There's nothing healthy about their relationship at all, that people tend to defend her and fuukos actions is really funny to me. I don't see Yuni beeing very happy here, just torn up by guilt.

And don't come with why people who complain about fuuko and yuni are even reading this. Imo cheating is the worst thing you can do in a relationship but I still love this Manga. It's interesting and beautifully drawn, doesn't mean one has to like the scumbags in it.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

First, I apologize for my comparison for one of my earlier comments
- how we are not different from characters in this manga (comparing us readers to Asahina, and other translators (actually translations of manga) to Nanase and Fuuko)

It was nothing personal against anyone, especially translator(s) here, just an example in life, and how discussion here inspired me to comment.

English is not my first language and sometimes I'm clumsy to express myself properly as completely self-thought by reading books.
So, forgive my clumsiness if you can or want. I just need for myself and my own consciousness to make it clear to others that my intentions were not malicious.

Second, about the comment above:

Nanases just asked her to come, the normal thing to do would be to talk about it that she can't go because of financial reasons. She's still a minor, there's nothing humiliating about admitting it.

I don't see it's that simple. Imagine Yuni tells her "Hey, Nanase, I don't have a money and I am the minor to travel alone"
Do you think anyone 16-17 years old will admit it to their peer??? (not just to peer, but to gf who is not showing her respect)
It would be a total humiliation.
And Nanase did not ask her, she just assumed and put her in the spot.
I'm still standing it's inconsiderate and wrong approach (maybe word cruel was not completely right to use, but I certainly can say it's pretty arrogant attitude). I also have an impression, with that attitude Nanase would actually start to despise Yuni
Somehow your arguments are not enough to make me change my POV

You think all the backstabbing and cheating is ok because she's just 17 and doesnt know how to cope with a girlfriend that is neglecting her?

Yes, I already said in some of my previous comments, it's better for NANASE to receive a blow and learn her lesson if she wants to grow as character. And take responsibility for her actions. She initiated relationship and proved herself incompetent to keep it healthy, so, call it karma

last edited at Mar 1, 2023 7:45PM

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Active comments but this manga wasn't updated here :(

104001606_p0_master1200
joined Feb 27, 2023

Looks like both Yuni and Nanase will become Fuu's harem girls.

last edited at Mar 16, 2023 7:55PM

joined Jun 27, 2022

Latest chapter is absolute Fire, really hope someone will pick this up again to upload here. But before that happens this will prolly be serialized

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Their eyes are pretty. That alone is already worthy of the serialization.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I love the series and I just can't stand the MTL chapters on Mangadex.

No ETA for the missing chapters though. I have other series on my plate.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ahaha Fuuko is such an asshole, but that will probably make people like her all the more I suppose?

It was not uploaded here, but Fuuko telling Yuni in chapter 15 how she is "selfish yet also dumb" really sums up the whole series, huh? Without that there would not be story at all. Now then a reasonable thing to do here would be a clean break, so I imagine instead this glorious train wreck will only escalate in some convoluted way instead.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh wow, I had almost more fun reading the comments, as usual, I care not about the morals of fictional characters, so for the sake of the story, I think the character of Fuuko is very interesting and no, sometimes it isn't so easy to just break up, especially being so young and all that, some of us need a lot of time and therapy to know when to leave, not a justification for cheating, but certainly can explain some things. I wonder, if this will make Nananse want to "fight" for her relationship, once it's all gone to hell or if it will get even more complicated, Yuni says she doesn't like Fuuko but I think she caught some sort of feelings, might be just an unhealthy attachment, beats me. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WITH THIS TRAINWRECK!

PS How the first thing Yuni thinks is "finally, time for dates with my gf, since she cannot partake in club activities", she might be selfish and dumb but I think she needs some loooove. And therapy.

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 4:48PM

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

It's so toxic but I love this manga so much. Is it the art, is it because of Fuuko? Maybe both? XD

This what Nanase gets from being a neglectful girlfriend, If you can't manage between your girlfriend and your club activities than you shouldn't be in a relationship in the 1st place this is all on her as much as Yuni.

PS How the first thing Yuni thinks is "finally, time for dates with my gf, since she cannot partake in club activities", she might be selfish and dumb but I think she needs some loooove. And therapy.

You can't really blame her because that's all Nanase ever did spending more time at with her club activities Than spending time with her girlfriend.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I love the series and I just can't stand the MTL chapters on Mangadex.

No ETA for the missing chapters though. I have other series on my plate.

Appreciate Whatever you give us, it’s pretty easy to spot the difference in quality. We’re all just kinda taking what we can get with that version lol

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Oh wow, I had almost more fun reading the comments, as usual, I care not about the morals of fictional characters, so for the sake of the story, I think the character of Fuuko is very interesting and no, sometimes it isn't so easy to just break up, especially being so young and all that, some of us need a lot of time and therapy to know when to leave, not a justification for cheating, but certainly can explain some things.

Firstly, that is quite the run-on sentence hehe. Secondly, the morality of fictional characters involved is part of the story though, surely? I mean, not that one needs to react to them as if they were real people. Still, certainly those aspects of the characters inform what they do, or fail to do, within the confines of the story being told.

It's so toxic but I love this manga so much. Is it the art, is it because of Fuuko? Maybe both? XD

I figure the percentage of people enjoying Fuuko so much because of the art is non-zero. Well she may be a manipulative bitch and a potentially dangerous stalker, but I will say, at least she is not a delusional idiot! Definitely a good fit as a character here at any rate.

You can't really blame [Yuni]

Funniest thing I read in a long while!

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 5:24PM

joined May 11, 2018

They need their asses beat. Nanase so pathetic smh she needs to slap one of them or both.

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 5:37PM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

From chapter 7 to chapter 16? Where’s the missing chapters?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

From chapter 7 to chapter 16? Where’s the missing chapters?

over on mangadex. they're done with mtl by someone else so they're not uploaded here

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

When I saw the "cheating" tag, I immediately decide not to read it. Out of curiosity months later, I click on chapter 16, and goddamn am I happy I chose not to read this. I can already tell I'd hate that black haired girl

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I just looked up Iwami Kiyoko on Baka-Updates and the image on her info page is hella disturbing. I'm talking right out of a horror movie.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

I've been holding out in hope that someone will redo the MTL chapters. Guess I'll have to go and read them now.
Hope this series gets an official release soon.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The amount of people justifying that Nanase deserved being cheated on in the comments (mostly from Mangadex) gives me such a headache.

I'm having as much fun reading this trainwreck as much as anyone else here, but like come on. Yes, Nanase has been a terrible gf and you can understand why Yuni ended up cheating, but to say Nanase deserves it, is way too much. It's like comparing her to an actual abuser. Like the series itself isn't saying Yuni is in the right lol.

Yuni being manipulated by Fuuko aside, she's really showing her true colors there by being happy over her gf getting injured rather than concern it could have lasting impact on her sports career.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Justified cheating?,no,not a thing.

Reasons to cheat?,yes,quite a bit.

And now chaos shall rain accross the land after that revelation that wasn't butchered by an AI translation and people who don't try to make the translation more understandable.

joined Mar 18, 2023

this story reminds me of my joy more than ever how very unfortunate.

To reply you must either login or sign up.