Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Waaait, a moment, why is there so much missing? I just noticed

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I think a different group did the missing stuff and it was just not uploaded here.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I will stand with Nanase to the end of time. She doesn't deserve what's happening to her :(

Yuni is such a coward though. At least Fuuko finally put it all out there. I don't know if she just wanted to hurt Nanase or if she got tired of being the side chick and thought this would leave Yuni no other choice, but damn do I hate that this author can make me so excited to see the next chapter of a manga about cheating.

Nanofate
joined Sep 10, 2014

We're missing so many chapters here!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I think a different group did the missing stuff and it was just not uploaded here.

Ohh I see, well that's a shame, the rest of the chapters are quite interesting, not complaining tho! I'll take what I can, this translation is the best one I've read.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

turning regular

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

I’m almost glad there’s such a huge jump because this thing is already making my skin crawl (in a good way I guess?? It’s effective????) but idk if I could handle it for the Whole Ride

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

I will stand with Nanase to the end of time. She doesn't deserve what's happening to her :(

Yuni is such a coward though. At least Fuuko finally put it all out there. I don't know if she just wanted to hurt Nanase or if she got tired of being the side chick and thought this would leave Yuni no other choice, but damn do I hate that this author can make me so excited to see the next chapter of a manga about cheating.

I kinda think it's a bit of both. I think Fuuko wants Yuni all to herself and also wants to hurt Nanase in some way. But I'm leaning more towards that she just wants Yuni all to herself.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Now that Nanase knows about the cheating, I wonder where the story can go

joined Jan 11, 2018

I kinda think it's a bit of both. I think Fuuko wants Yuni all to herself and also wants to hurt Nanase in some way. But I'm leaning more towards that she just wants Yuni all to herself.

At this point I honestly don't know if Fuuko isn't setting herself up for failure. Yuni clearly still likes Nanase and her relationship with Fuuko seems more like she wants attention she's not getting from Nanase. So even if they split up I don't know if Fuuko will actually get Yuni in the way she wants.

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

I feel bad for Nanase. She may have made balancing the things in her life more challenging then it had to be but she didn't deserve being toyed with by Yuni (essentially)

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I'm reading the other translation rn and it's pretty shit.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

There's a really fascinating soap opera progression to this manga, where every chapter has to escalate the situation. There always has to be some twist or some cliffhanger in every chapter. I'm not really sure where you go from here, but I'm in for it regardless. Admittedly, I've been approaching this series as more of a comedy than a drama, just because Yuni is so comically inept in her selfishness. "Ah yes, I will bring this manipulative stalker that I have been cheating with to clear things up with my girlfriend. Surely this cannot possibly end poorly."

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 11:23PM

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

Lmao Fuuko 100% chaotic energy all the time, never a sane thought going through her mind.

"Get well soon, I fucked your girlfriend"

What a lovely lady!

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 11:40PM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

From chapter 7 to chapter 16? Where’s the missing chapters?

over on mangadex. they're done with mtl by someone else so they're not uploaded here

I already read everything in mangadex but the mtl gave me headache.

joined Apr 28, 2019

We all know cheating is a no no... but Fuuko has me by the throat!!

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Maybe Rehashed Scans can team up with Yoelchanzu, and re-translate the missing chapters. Not gonna lie, I've read her scans regarding this manga, when it stopped updating on this site and I also appreciate all her efforts. This is just my suggestion.

Now that the shit hits the fan, I don't know what will be the next storyline, either breakup or have a polyamory. But I prefer them breaking up then have all the drama you can fit into it.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

Between Nanase and Yuni, I can't decide who is a slimier character
Both of them don't want to face the truth, want to hide everything and put all aside
Nanase does not want to accept what she saw with her own eyes, and about Yuni we know already what we know
Both of them spoiled and sheltered selfish girls, wanting to escape the pain while digging deeper and deeper...

Fuuko, on the other side, shows complete superiority above both of them, bringing all at open
I would not call her manipulative. She is definitely an opportunist

there is the scene in ch. 16 when she is trying to talk to Yuni ("Hey! I saw her") but it's covered by Yuni's thoughts.

It shows that she did not have plans to manipulate, she is just taking her chances in everything she's doing, turning all in her benefits.
And I still claim she is doing it with such nobility, from the beginning.
Wonderful non-fluffy character, she looks like a villain "homewrecker" yet she is the only one who makes choices, RIGHT choices.
And she is the only one who is facing the pain, also from the beginning

I am really enjoying this manga to the point that I don't care about translations until it does not makes sense.
For now current translation does not interfere with my understanding of the story and character developments, so I'm taking anything as it is now. If someone can translate it better and continue upload here I will read it too and be grateful.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 2:38AM

joined May 3, 2014

Between Nanase and Yuni, I can't decide who is a slimier character
Both of them don't want to face the truth, want to hide everything and put all aside
Nanase does not want to accept what she saw with her own eyes, and about Yuni we know already what we know
Both of them spoiled and sheltered selfish girls, wanting to escape the pain while digging deeper and deeper...

Fuuko, on the other side, shows complete superiority above both of them, bringing all at open
I would not call her manipulative. She is definitely an opportunist

there is the scene in ch. 16 when she is trying to talk to Yuni ("Hey! I saw her") but it's covered by Yuni's thoughts.

It shows that she did not have plans to manipulate, she is just taking her chances in everything she's doing, turning all in her benefits.
And I still claim she is doing it with such nobility, from the beginning.
Wonderful non-fluffy character, she looks like a villain "homewrecker" yet she is the only one who makes choices, RIGHT choices.
And she is the only one who is facing the pain, also from the beginning

I am really enjoying this manga to the point that I don't care about translations until it does not makes sense.
For now current translation does not interfere with my understanding of the story and character developments, so I'm taking anything as it is now. If someone can translate it better and continue upload here I will read it too and be grateful.

garbage being garbage in an noble way? nah i hate scums like Fuuko that take pleaire in dangeling her being the misstress in front of Nannase, that WILL have for life trust issues because garbage like Yuni and Fuuko.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuni is such a pushover and a bundle of contradictions. I find her super cute!

She's selfish, deluded, and wants to believe she's making her own decisions, but actually she totally let herself get caught in a storm she has no control of. She wanted it all and she might end up with nothing. I can't bring myself to hate her because she's a blob of weak willed cuteness and I find this endearing.

Fuuko probably likes her because of that too. Fuuko is the villain, but she's a magnificent villain, always in control, she wears her masks beautifully and when she makes a move, she's ruthless. It's only when she was in her family, with the woman she had loved, that her mask cracked.

As for Nanase, she's naive and it's not surprising she ended up in the role of the cuck. She totally overlooked the needs of her girlfriend in favor of "what will people think" and "Club is my life". Yuni is needy and Nanase neglected her. It comes as no surprise she got cheated on. I don't justify the cheating, I just explain it. Yuni has huge affection, or even sexual, needs and is weak. Nanase just can't bring that to the table.

All in all, this train is going full steam ahead toward a crash.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 3:45AM

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

^ ^
I don't see this manga as simple cheating or justifying cheating
It's very tasteful NTR with possible development to polyamory OR splitting in two matching couples. Or something else, we will see

Maybe Nanase is not crying because (quoting) "...Fuuko that take pleaire in dangeling her being the misstress in front of Nannase"

Maybe she cries finally connecting the dots and understanding her own failure as a girlfriend.

Why would she have trust issues if she understands that she is responsible as much as Yuni (if not even more responsible than Yuni) for NTR situation in their relationship?

Also, I don't see Fuuko as "garbage", as you insult her
As I said, she is facing a pain from the beginning, but both Nanase and Yuni are trying to escape any kind of pain in their slimy way
(an example: After first kiss, Yuni slapped Fuuko. And Fuuko posted a pic: "My bae just got me a piercing" and she is showing her almost bare chest and her ear. Like, she is showing her pierced heart by getting a slap from the girl she likes, not just her pierced ear)

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 4:48AM

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

Yuni is such a pushover and a bundle of contradictions. I find her super cute!

She's selfish, deluded, and wants to believe she's making her own decisions, but actually she totally let herself get caught in a storm she has no control of. She wanted it all and she might end up with nothing. I can't bring myself to hate her because she's a blob of weak willed cuteness and I find this endearing.

Fuuko probably likes her because of that too. Fuuko is the villain, but she's a magnificent villain, always in control, she wears her masks beautifully and when she makes a move, she's ruthless. It's only when she was in her family, with the woman she had loved, that her mask cracked.

As for Nanase, she's naive and it's not surprising she ended up in the role of the cuck. She totally overlooked the needs of her girlfriend in favor of "what will people think" and "Club is my life". Yuni is needy and Nanase neglected her. It comes as no surprise she got cheated on. I don't justify the cheating, I just explain it. Yuni has huge affection, or even sexual, needs and is weak. Nanase just can't bring that to the table.

All in all, this train is going full steam ahead toward a crash.

Yes, yes, yes, beautifully written.
I completely agree with you with this positive insight at all of those 3 characters. It's great telling some facts without judgment, defending their youth and inexperience.
I can see in them all what you said, and I feel it too, even my previous focus was mostly on some flaws (in Nanase especially)
I took that position defending Fuuko because people a priori judged her, also judged Yuni, accusing them as trash, without cause.

But, your comment is a reminder that all of them are just three girls, cute in their own way, and we should not forget it and be harsh.
Thanks

joined May 3, 2014

not making excuse yet making excuses that cames at no suprised Yuni cheated…….WTF?? I’m sorry what part of this story is “a suprise” as if it’s the natural order of things for an neglected partner to CHOSE TO CHEAT insted of fixing the issue in A FEW MIN!!! or GIVE a second chance and once that failed you can break up! how in hell ALL OF THIS is Yuni briliant awnser?? DOING this much to HIDE the cheating instead of fixing it? BREAKING up take less time that Yuni making an sorry excuse to be with her misstress

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

not making excuse yet making excuses that cames at no suprised Yuni cheated…….WTF?? I’m sorry what part of this story is “a suprise” as if it’s the natural order of things for an neglected partner to CHOSE TO CHEAT insted of fixing the issue in A FEW MIN!!! or GIVE a second chance and once that failed you can break up! how in hell ALL OF THIS is Yuni briliant awnser?? DOING this much to HIDE the cheating instead of fixing it? BREAKING up take less time that Yuni making an sorry excuse to be with her misstress

Maybe author does not want them to break up. If she is leading us to polyamory possible ending, start with a cheating is more reasonable than breaking up without any drama. Especially now when it is open

Do you think that is more morally acceptable to break up with a girl and change her with other chick you like, while still having a clear consciousness because "you did not cheat on her"? How you did not cheat if you start to FEEL something to someone else?
Personally I don't see "healthier" or higher moral in it
than in cheating-cheating.

Leaving someone who loves you (and if you still love them) is very complicated or impossible situation. And that's why Yuni did not break up with Nanase, taking Fuuko as her side chick
This current situation shows Yuni as (potential) polyamory person on her journey to discover it. And probably Fuuko too, since she accepted to be the second GF and she brought it all into open.
Sometimes poly discovery starts as a cheating (especially in this situation when girls are in their first relationship and inexperienced, still learning about themselves), but now when it is open, we will see how Nanase will accept it and what is going to happen

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 5:38AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Do you think that is more morally acceptable to break up with a girl and change her with other chick you like, while still having a clear consciousness because "you did not cheat on her"? How you did not cheat if you start to FEEL something to someone else?

I mean, yes? People tend to hold breaking up more morally acceptable than cheating, how is this a revelation to you?

To reply you must either login or sign up.