Forum › There's a Ghost behind that Gyaru discussion

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021
  1. Aren't shark fin foods horrifically unethical? Isn't that a whole thing, that asian fishers just capture sharks, cut off their fins then throw the poor fuckers back in the ocean to die because they can't swim anymore? Kinda weird for such a light-hearted manga to show in a positive light.

this was my reaction as well

unrelatedly, until she spoke at the end, i was convinced the tall girl would turn out to be a 'ghost behind that' short girl

last edited at Dec 17, 2021 9:15AM

joined Aug 29, 2019
  1. Aren't shark fin foods horrifically unethical? Isn't that a whole thing, that asian fishers just capture sharks, cut off their fins then throw the poor fuckers back in the ocean to die because they can't swim anymore? Kinda weird for such a light-hearted manga to show in a positive light.

That practice is so stupid, because IIRC shark (meat) is actually quite tasty in its own right. Only ever eaten Shark meat once (kinda rare to find it), but it did strike me as delicious.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I feel like tall girls design is wasted on this manga

Mudrock%20(2)
joined Jan 11, 2017

That practice is so stupid, because IIRC shark (meat) is actually quite tasty in its own right. Only ever eaten Shark meat once (kinda rare to find it), but it did strike me as delicious.

Okay, as an Asian living in Asia, I can say that yes, the practice is stupid and very harmful. Shark fin soup is actually still being served to this day, however, the good news is, that many restaurants have opted for the cheaper and more ethical option of using gelatin to replace shark fin. They essentially taste the same and it doesn't outright ban the food entirely, so it's a win-win situation for consumers, restaurants and wildlife. It's obvious that the use of actual shark fins are still in practice, but they've dwindled over the years and many have outright banned cutting shark fins. So, even though it's not completely gone, steps are being taken to stop it.

On another note, have tried shark meat before, not a fan, but can see why people like it. The manga is probably referring to the fake shark fin soup that I mentioned that's more common nowadays, since gelatin is way easier to get and easier to handle and prepare. So, fake shark fin soup, go try it, it's nice.

last edited at Dec 17, 2021 10:55AM

joined Oct 2, 2021

To quote the late great Barry White,leave all the snakes ( sharks)...alone.

last edited at Dec 17, 2021 3:44PM

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I'm convinced.

That's not a ghost.

That's her 「STAND」!

stando

joined Nov 22, 2019

Here's is link a found to give more information. https://www.google.com/amp/s/zephyrcodex.com/2020/05/05/personal-log-06-shark-fin-steam-bun-from-chef-kuromori/amp/

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I've had shark fin soup exactly one time.

More jelly then anything,no idea why anyone would want more.

Have seen shark pups at wet markets,which means the whole shark is being eaten by someone to some extent.

However,as far as I know,stringray is a more common meal with roughly the same meaty texture and taste.

Regardless,to anyone who supports eating sharks or dare tries to take on a possessed gal at ghosting,this means war!

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Two things occur to me this chapter.
1. 6-year-old Yuina looks exactly like a not-dead Reiko. Now that I thought about it, Reiko and Yuina look a LOT alike even now. SUS.

This stood out to me too. I wonder if Reiko isn't, like, Yuina's disembodied soul, actually. Or a dead sister she forgot, perhaps? Maybe an ancestor. Something along those lines.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

little Yuina really looks like Reiko

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

little Yuina really looks like Reiko

Guess this calls for a Yuina without the dye or tan

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nothing is as scary as Yuina's sleepy face... :D

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Okay, look, this is too much. This manga is too cute. These characters are too adorable. I've been won over a long time ago, but even if I hadn't this chapter would have brought me to heel -- I mean, how can it be so cute!?!?!?

I have no choice but to take Reiko as waifu now. I hope her moms Yuina & Hikari will be ok with me.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Waiting...

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

The long wait

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Just look at this moment. What a cutie

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Managed to distract almost everyone. :D

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Yuri

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Wholesome overload. And Honestly I see great things for the shy young artist in her future. She can draw for gaccha games with that art direction.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter is cute and all, but Hikari's freakout when strangers come in and wreck her stuff with their "help" was big mood for me.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Someone alredy said it, but I'm getting big Mom energy from Hikari and Yuina. Just get married already and raise your ghost child together.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Just look at this moment. What a cutie

It's a perfect pair with this other moment:

Hikari warmly watching over her daughter, and Yuina warmly watching over her waifu.
Picture perfect.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Waiting...

Worth it.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yuina sees dead people. They don't know they're dead. Why won't anyone listen to Hikari???

joined Jun 25, 2021

I love Yuina's facial expressions

To reply you must either login or sign up.