Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

You run to your wife this instant Sera and you run fast ! I hope this makes her finally start to consider Ruriko's feelings a bit more and maybe start taking notice of her own feelings as well.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 8:44AM

joined Mar 30, 2021

I was going to say; "they got to get intimate sooner or later, right?" but NEVERMIND!
I just realized that it's only 6 chapters. That can wait. And this...this makes my heart ache and wanting more of the author's development to them. I like it's pace. I don't pretty much know abt marriage since psshh I don't even have any relationships before, and what I see from my mom and dad's is not doing well. But I like their style, slowly they're getting to the real thing. Although they can do it without the marriage thing. It's called girlfriends, right? But this is what it makes it not cliche.

I should re-read this since I already forgot how they end up getting that idea in the first place XP

joined May 23, 2021

Yeah, this incident is on Rurika, not Sera. Rurika declined medicine, said it's probably period cramps, and sent Sera off with a smile. Then Rurika spent the whole day feeling like hell and refusing to tell her wife that anything, to point that she ended up in the hospital without Sera knowing anything was even out of the ordinary.

Rurika acknowledges to herself that she didn't want to tell Sera because she knows Sera would skip the concert to come to her.

Sera says, "It still feels like we're just friends," in the same panels where Rurika is collapsing because that's exactly what's happening in the moment: Rurika is not treating Sera like a wife, she's treating her like any other friend.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 9:20AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Sera says, "It still feels like we're just friends," in the same panels where Rurika is collapsing because that's exactly what's happening in the moment: Rurika is not treating Sera like a wife, she's treating her like any other friend.

Agreed. That's also why I see this as primarily a chance for Rurika to develop and be more honest about her feelings. If she wants to be a "real" couple with Sera than she should try and communicate that and I'm sure they'll find some way to handle things. Sera has already started doubting the "fall in love" rule, so while she took her time, she's certainly getting there.

Overall, I'm excited to see what the next chapters will bring. Ushio has so far been excellent at handling more serious matters in her manga, so I'm sure this will be resolved in a good way too.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Agreed. That's also why I see this as primarily a chance for Rurika to develop and be more honest about her feelings. If she wants to be a "real" couple with Sera than she should try and communicate that and I'm sure they'll find some way to handle things. Sera has already started doubting the "fall in love" rule, so while she took her time, she's certainly getting there.

Overall, I'm excited to see what the next chapters will bring. Ushio has so far been excellent at handling more serious matters in her manga, so I'm sure this will be resolved in a good way too.

Yeah, I see the whole “endure the pain of whatever sickness you have for the sake of Sera” as a parallel with Ruriko enduring her own one sided love for Sera because she’s afraid of alienating her and or losing her.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

I hope its just an ulcer and not a drama point

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Stomach pains because her wife got her pregnant? Oh my.

I hope its just an ulcer and not a drama point

Could also be gallbladder. First hand experience, plus knowing other people that also had to get their gallbladder removed, it can be pretty sudden and extremely painful.

joined Sep 11, 2019

RURIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Huh didn't really expect after seeing the title that it's about physical pain...
... but also I doubt they will elaborate on that part of it too much :P

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 11:15AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ooof, Ruri

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Go to the doctor Jason

joined Jan 14, 2020

Appendicitis is another possibility.

Hopefully not stomach cancer.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Appendicitis is another possibility.

Hopefully not stomach cancer.

Yup, basically what I've learned from life is that the inside your body can try to kill you in many very painful ways.

joined May 15, 2021

Someone call DR.House!

joined May 29, 2021

Someone call DR.House!

It’s Lupis.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Someone call DR.House!

It’s Lupis.

Lupus*

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

House: its a complications caused by the Heart bleeding and her lower torso is now filled with liquid heartache

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Kurumi care mostly for herself. A call or text to her wife on a day when she does not feel well should be basic... just to make sure she is okay. But she did not think about her on the whole day... that f concert is more important... wtf... i even care more about my best friends and relatives... title should be this: Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend and it is not working.

itexhaustsme
70c3f8ab-421d-4a3a-a7dd-10f3027d0f65
joined Mar 2, 2020

No one is to blame for this accident but housewife girl should care more about her wellbeing of course. I still don't feel like cheering for the couple. Concert girl is way too self absorbed, she hasn't changed too much since this started. The only reason she starts worrying about not having the other girl is because she's selfish and spoiled. There is nothing about the other girl that she specifically likes. I don't see how all of this is romantic or a slow burn. They're giving us nothing.

Edit: grammar

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 5:48PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Uh...

Last chapter had concert girl thinking about house girl almost constantly on her trip, and realizing that.

This chapter had her offering medicine, telling house girl to call her if needed, buying more medicine unasked.

Duyqnyev4aajsqx
joined May 16, 2019

Yeah, this incident is on Rurika, not Sera. Rurika declined medicine, said it's probably period cramps, and sent Sera off with a smile. Then Rurika spent the whole day feeling like hell and refusing to tell her wife that anything, to point that she ended up in the hospital without Sera knowing anything was even out of the ordinary.

I really think Ruriko do everything right I mean why would she tell Sera to go to hospital when Sera said she's so excited to go having fun if you checked the page 13 Sera didn't goes straight to home instated she start to think about stickers which I think is the time when Ruriko collapsing even when Sera back she thinks Ruriko will welcome her at home like every time.
The thing is Sera doesn't consider Ruriko like a wife and she goes having fun alone without Ruriko she even travels alone.
Check Chapter 1 when Ruriko got so happy when Sera bought bread for 2 persons I think Ruriko trying her best to not be
a bother on Sera so she's don't break there life even through it's one sided love .

joined Jan 21, 2020

Uh...

Last chapter had concert girl thinking about house girl almost constantly on her trip, and realizing that.

This chapter had her offering medicine, telling house girl to call her if needed, buying more medicine unasked.

Yea i have no idea what some people are on tbh, last chapter was literally all about how she misses her wife when shes away

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well, the line between caring and overprotective can be thin sometimes... that's not even factoring in that they have this platonic marriage thing going on, which is the whole shtick of the story.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Uh...

Yea i have no idea what some people are on tbh, last chapter was literally all about how she misses her wife when shes away

Yeah I don't get why some people are being weird about this. She couldn't have possibly known the stomach pain was that serious, but she told her wife to call if things got worse. The wife didn't call.

People saying she's self absorbed for going out and having fun is weird to me. Could she have called and checked on her wife? Sure, but her wife could have just told her to have fun and don't worry anyways. However again she also told the wife to call her, and that didn't happen. I don't think either of them are wrong here, they just have different definitions of being a bother and giving the other space. Which is basically the whole point of the narrative in this story, they're trying to work out and figure out boundaries...the stomach pain is the next step in the story. In my eyes it serves as a dramatic but realistic way to say, "Hey you should rely on your partner more, and don't hide the seriousness of your illness from them".

It's obvious they genuinely care about each other, relationships and communication are just difficult, and the story is showing different situations in which they need to learn how to go about it better together as partners.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 9:23PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

The thing is Sera doesn't consider Ruriko like a wife and she goes having fun alone without Ruriko she even travels alone.

Marriage does not mean being stapled to your spouse. Even in happy loving marriages.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 10:32PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.