Forum › An Aside Told to You discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

To clarify, I don't think it was quick because they had sex shortly after confessing, or anything. I've had one night stands with people who were virtually strangers, so yeah, it can happen pretty quickly. But generally, I spend at least an hour making out with the person before either of us starts to undress. What is weird in this one is that their first kiss and agreeing to have sex happened within fifty seconds, tops.

I don't think it's implied that they have sex immediately after one kiss. Look at what exactly happens in the panels: Nao asks, "Can we go further?" and tells Haruka she loves her, and then there's a time skip to the next morning. The specific order of the events that follow is purely up to the reader.

last edited at May 16, 2020 7:12PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Can we go further? It's my first time but I'll do my best to make you feel good." Pin to bed. Cut scene to the next morning, where they're sleeping together in a narrow bed, not naked but definitely wearing less than they were.

Is the dispute whether they had sex at all, or whether they had sex within the next minute, vs. some longer period of foreplay and increasingly heavy petting/makeout and then sex?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

"Can we go further? It's my first time but I'll do my best to make you feel good." Pin to bed. Cut scene to the next morning, where they're sleeping together in a narrow bed, not naked but definitely wearing less than they were.

Is the dispute whether they had sex at all, or whether they had sex within the next minute, vs. some longer period of foreplay and increasingly heavy petting/makeout and then sex?

The dispute is over how much time between the cut-out and the beginning of intercourse.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The dispute is that we're all jaded and used to these thing happening after an agonizingly long time and now we have a story where it happens in the second chapter AND it's not made a big deal out of. lol

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

The dispute is that we're all jaded and used to these thing happening after an agonizingly long time and now we have a story where it happens in the second chapter AND it's not made a big deal out of. lol

EXPOSED LMAO

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I was just saying that we don't know that they just immediately threw off their clothes and started licking each other, though that's certainly a possibility.

Honestly, I did wonder for a second if maybe the author is going to come back later and say that they haven't had sex. That would be pretty funny way to fuck with us.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

EXPOSED LMAO

lol Yup we've all been seen~~

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well... I guess I don't have to worry about the yuri being mostly subtle subtext in this one.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I was just saying that we don't know that they just immediately threw off their clothes and started licking each other, though that's certainly a possibility.

Honestly, I did wonder for a second if maybe the author is going to come back later and say that they haven't had sex. That would be pretty funny way to fuck with us.

I've been fooled like that before.

Tumblr_mypwn7a9jz1t29xkeo6_1280
joined Jul 29, 2016

Wait i thought her big dark secret was the lesbian bit but NO?!?!?! Wtf did she dooooo

952038338a0d89b6492e42829eb410e4d38827d2_hq
joined Mar 7, 2018

Wait i thought her big dark secret was the lesbian bit but NO?!?!?! Wtf did she dooooo

I think the secret Haruka's referring to is that she used to act in the past but quit. She doesn't want to bring it up in fear of ruining Nao's current acting goals/making her worry but in reality Nao already knows (referring to the scene in bed when she asks "why did you quit" while Haruka was still asleep). ah the irony

last edited at May 17, 2020 3:49AM

joined Sep 13, 2017

I smell a love triangle incoming. I think that the crying girl on the first page of the first chapter is Nao's friend, Yuuka. The eye color checks out, and so does the haircut; moreover, according to the flashback on page 23 and the one in the 2nd chapter, Nao had short hair in middle school (but wears the same uniform as the girl from page one, who miiight be sitting next to her in the first flashback). And seeing that Nao is nowhere on the first page, it kind of makes me think that what we've got now isn't the end-game ship here. Would explain the seemingly crazy pace of the yuri.

last edited at May 17, 2020 9:36AM

Penguin on land
91898571_201066378006221_6340117081815515136_o
joined Jan 11, 2019

My God, girls. Slow down.

No don't slow down let them have kids in next chapter lol

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

thank you for this gem, so cutee

p.s.: the tittle shouldn't be something like like "I'm spinning around you" or anything giving the idea of one orbiting the other? I just felt the tittle a bit odd, sorry if it's rude to point out something like this

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

p.s.: the tittle shouldn't be something like like "I'm spinning around you" or anything giving the idea of one orbiting the other? I just felt the tittle a bit odd, sorry if it's rude to point out something like this

The verb 紡ぐ generally means "to spin thread out of fiber", but that's not all it means. Since the object of the verb is 傍白, which means "theatrical aside", I think it's clear that 紡ぐ is being used metaphorically, as it often is, to mean "to tell a tale". There are similar metaphors in English, like you can say "weaving a tale" or even "spinning a yarn" to mean "telling a story," but I couldn't see a way of naturally working those into the title.

I'm pretty sure 紡ぐ cannot mean "to orbit" or "to spin around" something. It's not that kind of spin.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I smell a love triangle incoming. I think that the crying girl on the first page of the first chapter is Nao's friend, Yuuka. The eye color checks out, and so does the haircut; moreover, according to the flashback on page 23 and the one in the 2nd chapter, Nao had short hair in middle school (but wears the same uniform as the girl from page one, who miiight be sitting next to her in the first flashback). And seeing that Nao is nowhere on the first page, it kind of makes me think that what we've got now isn't the end-game ship here. Would explain the seemingly crazy pace of the yuri.

That's not Yuuki. There's no reaction when Nao introduced Yuuki to Haruka here. And we know from the flashback that Haruka knows her.

As for the fast pace. I think Yasaka Shuu just wants to tell a story about already established couple. If anyone don't know it yet, this manga is based on the characters she started drawing since Nov 2018. There's a lot of ilustrations/comic strips about Nao and Haruka on Yasaka's twitter.

last edited at May 18, 2020 2:05PM

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

The verb 紡ぐ generally means "to spin thread out of fiber", but that's not all it means. Since the object of the verb is 傍白, which means "theatrical aside", I think it's clear that 紡ぐ is being used metaphorically, as it often is, to mean "to tell a tale". There are similar metaphors in English, like you can say "weaving a tale" or even "spinning a yarn" to mean "telling a story," but I couldn't see a way of naturally working those into the title.

I'm pretty sure 紡ぐ cannot mean "to orbit" or "to spin around" something. It's not that kind of spin.

Ohhhh I see!

Thanks for your input, I'd never try to say a tittle is wrong in a language I'm not well versed. But this tittle were bugging me, so I felt like asking. You're very clarifying, again, thank you!

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

I really hella appreciate that this series is in full color - they're so rare T_T

joined Jan 14, 2020

Still cute, though turning into a "mutual refusal to communicate" plot.

Have we even seen this girl before? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_aside_told_to_you_ch03#18

And does Haruka's barista friend https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_aside_told_to_you_ch02#5 have a name? I didn't notice one on a quick re-read.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Have we even seen this girl before? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_aside_told_to_you_ch03#18

I don't think we have, but on the artist's twitter there's a pic of the three of them, so maybe she's a roommate or something?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, I downloaded the chapters for speedier scan, and the answer is "no" to both. Haruka works with Barista-san, who knows Haruka used to act, but has never used a name so we can't guess how close they are that way.

New Girl just calls out 'Haruka', which embarrassing for Haruka when Nao used it, so they should be pretty close in some dimension. Coloring is pretty different to be a sister but I don't know if that means anything. New Girl can also open the door without knocking.

joined Jun 12, 2019

I kinda think their being dramatic about this but whatever it’s still cute

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Still cute, though turning into a "mutual refusal to communicate" plot.

And does Haruka's barista friend https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_aside_told_to_you_ch02#5 have a name? I didn't notice one on a quick re-read.

I wouldn't really compare it because the thing Haruka doesn't want to talk about isn't some super important thing pivotal to their relationship that Nao needs to know, it's a pretty personal and seemingly traumatic experience in her past that really isn't time sensitive which is why Nao is leaving it alone instead of pushing just to sate her own curiosity.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I find myself wondering if Haruka has a theater friend commit suicide or something.

joined Jan 22, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_aside_told_to_you_ch03#14

WHY DOES NOBODY WEAR BACKPACKS PROBABLY?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.