30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Came across an interesting April Fool's joke on weibo
yagakimi
source

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

yo at the 大鍋菜 i think it means like mixed rice/economy rice (as wikipedia puts it), you can google 食堂大锅菜 (I'm gonna bet its the same word but this one is in simplified chinese, my traditional chinese isn't so good), generally it's just a bunch of dishes precooked and you can pick what to eat with rice

Huh. Interesting...I've never heard of the term economy rice before :o

But would it be correct to call something economy rice flavored? Cause in the raws, it was written as 大锅菜味道 but that doesn't really seem to make sense..?

Either way, it's definitely better than sticking with big-pot dish lol Thanks for the explanation!

last edited at Mar 19, 2020 6:16PM

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

More Chinese yuri? I hope it'll be allowed to go someplace. Maybe the government will be too distracted by Corona-chan to do the usual.

This came out in 2018, so it may have already got the usual? Snowy Day, do you know how far this got or if it is still going?

John, click the resize button above the page in the reader

Up to chapter 12 right now. Still ongoing. The last chapter was released in January.

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Are my eyes playing a trick on me or that girl actually has elf ears?

I looked over that “gazing into the distance” panel like a dozen times trying to clarify whether the elf thing was figurative or literal and tbh I’m not seeing it.

May be a questionable rendition of "fairy", which IIRC is a reasonable translation of an old Chinese term for any number of supernatural or otherworldly women (think "celestial maiden") and apparently a somewhat archaic/poetic flattering epithet for a beautiful lady.

Or that's how it was used in one or two manhwas set in pseudo-Ancient Chinese settings I read elsewhere anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tbh, I was wondering the same thing when I was translating ahaha
In Chinese, it was literally 精灵少女 (jing ling shao nv), but I don't know of any other meaning to it other than "elf girl". I do know that 小仙女 (xiao xian nv) is often used to describe someone young and pretty....but yeah. Not sure if it was meant to reference some other thing.

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

I just love everything about this first chapter. Not to mention that's some nice looking art!

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

So Sumika isn't bound by contract to stay out of relationships?

I thought this before, but I don't think Sumika is necessarily the typical jpop idol that sings and dance. She's just a popular teen model, so those idol rules don't necessarily apply to her, and I personally don't see her as an idol, like those in Love Live.

But the more westernized idea of an idol is basically someone you look up to I guess. Which is what this tag represents I suppose?

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 12:43AM

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

"That concludes today's shooting" sounded like a major tragedy before I realized they meant "filming"

haha i've been using both terms interchangeably, but that thought didn't cross my head during translation lmao

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Muttsuri Girl to Koisuru Bitch

errors fixed in ch 2 pg 1 and pg 3 https://onesnowyday.wordpress.com/2020/01/03/manga-muttsuri-girl-to-koisuru-bitch/

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Woah I was reading the comments without realizing that ch2 was uploaded!! no wonder I didn't get the motorcycle comments hahahaha... But daaaaaanm is illegal to be that smooth lo/ is like, she's totally aware of how cool she is.

Hmmm I don't normally do this because I'm still learning too but there seems to be a mistake in page 03 (I like masterbate), when she says "How long did she wait for..." it should be "How long did you wait for..." I mean, if she were just thinking to herself, it would be okay but she's speaking and cool girl can hear that and respond, so I find it kind of weird that she refers to her in third person

Yeah, you're right. I translated it as a thought rather than a speech bubble.

Both errors have been fixed!

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Hey guys.

As some of you have already noticed, I indeed mistranslated the last line in the prologue.
Terribly sorry for the confusion. (シ_ _)シ

I put the fix up on my site, but basically the line should be
"This is the story of an aloof college girl and a bitch in love."
instead of
"This is the story of a college girl falling in love with a bitch."

I'm already confused on who is the college girl and who is the bitch... Pardon my comprehension issues, but can someone kindly clear it up for me?

as @Anjelika mentioned, bitch has a different connotation in Japanese than it does English. It's usually used to describe someone who's a slut. And I think it was pretty clear our protag is quite the slut, while the motocycle girl would be the college girl.

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Muttsuri Girl to Koisuru Bitch

translation error fixed in ch 00 pg 1 https://onesnowyday.wordpress.com/2020/01/02/manga-muttsuri-girl-to-koisuru-bitch-ch-0-1/

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

If you're taking the time to fix it, I really suggest changing it to "a slut in love". ビッチ = woman who sleeps around, as depicted. She's not unpleasant or rude, which is what the English "bitch" suggests.

Hm...that's true. I wanted to keep it consistent with the title, but I guess that's mainly where it caused the confusion. I'll update it in a little while. Also, thanks for the suggestion! I appreciate it :)

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Hey guys.

As some of you have already noticed, I indeed mistranslated the last line in the prologue.
Terribly sorry for the confusion. (シ_ _)シ

I put the fix up on my site, but basically the line should be
"This is the story of an aloof college girl and a bitch in love."
instead of
"This is the story of a college girl falling in love with a bitch."

onesnowyday
30 MINUTES discussion 25 Dec 15:41
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

I guess it's worth mentioning that the person being mentioned at the beginning could've been either both a girl or a guy. In both the Chinese and Japanese versions, they used vague terms, like "that person" or using a gender-less pronoun, so it could've been either. I interpreted it as a girl just by the tone and from hat girl asking if she was in love with that person. But I really do believe that was just meant as idle talk from watch girl so hat girl would start talking. Even though it did come off as something really random at first.

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

Aww Mizuki is pretty cute being jealous.

onesnowyday
Citrus + discussion 19 Dec 23:16
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

I love cute moments like these.

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

can anyone recommend me something like adachi to shimamura? (cute/innocent/fluffy)
preferably already completed or at least has 10+ chapters.

onesnowyday
Yuri Moyou discussion 18 Dec 00:32
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

I really wish they could make each chapter 10 pages long instead. This chapter length is killing me!

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

and the cuteness continues...
is there gonna be a jealousy chapter with yukawa and the trainee..?

onesnowyday
30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

seeing as how these two went to the same middle school... I wonder if it's gonna be something like Sora always had a secret crush on her or something... she did recognize her right away after all.

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

I've been reading this on mangadex the entire time, and I'm crushed to see it labeled as subtext...