Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

joined Feb 18, 2015

The poor cinnamon roll! Yes, it was a massively heteronormative assumption, but he thought he'd found someone he could use as a role model... now he's just embarrassed beyond belief!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

In all this, people seem to have missed an extremely point revealed in the last page of this chapter

-> Sakuma has a deep voice

My mind can now only imagine her with Keiko Kubota's singing voice.

Who?

Anyway, maybe she could be voiced by Romi Park if there was an anime?

Edit:

This page, in particular, kills me every time.

I didn't understand that until now, and even then I had to read it multiple times lol

last edited at Aug 3, 2021 3:12AM

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I just noticed that Wako's bunny-eared manager is named Yamaguchi Gumi. Ikeda-sensei really went for it with that character. An entire Rumiko Takahashi series's worth of weird, bad jokes rolled up into a single character.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

In all this, people seem to have missed an extremely point revealed in the last page of this chapter

-> Sakuma has a deep voice

My mind can now only imagine her with Keiko Kubota's singing voice.

Who?

Not sure if just a lame joke or if you genuinely do not know and can't be bothered to make a google search, but in either case, sacrilege.

joined Sep 13, 2018

Not to get my hopes up too much, but I swear to god after years of saying Sasameki Koto was one of the few works to really appeal to me as a butch (trans) woman, if Ikeda gives me a gay trans woman in a manga with a really healthy sapphic age gap couple I will buy him several hundred dollars worth of alcohol if he wanted.

Tbh with regards to Kita I don't even see the whole 'mistaken as a stalker' thing as negative, like, yeah they pushed boundaries a bit with how they returned that umbrella, but like awkward possibly trans girl with no one to really talk to about it suddenly sees someone they think Gots What They Want I can kinda get suspend my disbelief enough to not mind it at all.

last edited at Aug 13, 2021 4:13AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Oh no, poor Wanko, she feels so bad about it :( That's okay girl, Sakuma isn't hurt and she isn't mad at you.

last edited at Aug 13, 2021 9:57AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oof it is really true though. Life and happiness can be so fragile. One minute you are living your happiest life and then you are in tears, blaming yourself and asking what if.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I feel bad for her. Im not 100% clear on what happened- did the mat whip up somehow on the other end when she let go and hit sakuma in the face and rip her glassess off?

joined Mar 5, 2016

Not to get my hopes up too much, but I swear to god after years of saying Sasameki Koto was one of the few works to really appeal to me as a butch (trans) woman, if Ikeda gives me a gay trans woman in a manga with a really healthy sapphic age gap couple I will buy him several hundred dollars worth of alcohol if he wanted.

Tbh with regards to Kita I don't even see the whole 'mistaken as a stalker' thing as negative, like, yeah they pushed boundaries a bit with how they returned that umbrella, but like awkward possibly trans girl with no one to really talk to about it suddenly sees someone they think Gots What They Want I can kinda get suspend my disbelief enough to not mind it at all.

also, the awkward behaviour makes the misunderstanding a lot more embarrassing

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I feel bad for her. Im not 100% clear on what happened- did the mat whip up somehow on the other end when she let go and hit sakuma in the face and rip her glassess off?

Yep. At least that is what I got too.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I really don't get how whatever this is whips into someone's face, but, ya, seems to be what happened. Especially after she told her to "hold down that side".

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Those glasses costed a pretty penny, Wanko's going to have to do the unthinkable to pay for them...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Those glasses costed a pretty penny, Wanko's going to have to do the unthinkable to pay for them...

(gasp) Actually land a role?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I really don't get how whatever this is whips into someone's face, but, ya, seems to be what happened. Especially after she told her to "hold down that side".

From what I can tell, the intended way was to unroll it down the railing gently, but Wanko, being too excited over the prospect of ice-cream, pushed it out at full force, causing Sakuma to get whipped at the other end. Trying to sort out any lengthy piece of fabric can be deadly without proper coordination.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Easy tiger, she only just started paying rent ;-)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can already see this causing another horrible misunderstanding...

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Easy tiger...

Worse... she's going to have to... work in retail.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Easy tiger...

Worse... she's going to have to... work in retail.

Still better than in customer support.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well accidents happen, at least there wasn't anger and instead they were able to handle it.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Wow, Wanko is way more mature then me. I'm the kinda person that if I accidentally hurt someone will say stuff like "Oh that didn't hurt" or "stop being a baby" you know anything outside of "I'm Sorry"

...."I'm sorry your such a panzy"

joined Aug 28, 2018

Wow, Wanko is way more mature then me. I'm the kinda person that if I accidentally hurt someone will say stuff like "Oh that didn't hurt" or "stop being a baby" you know anything outside of "I'm Sorry"

You are a shit person. Nothing more to say than that.

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Get a grip.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Warmnut posted:

Definitely not overboard at all. Chill.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

wow

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Warmnut posted:

Definitely not overboard at all. Chill.

I mean, it's not really wrong, though... Maybe if they had left it at the first paragraph, but that ""I'm sorry your such a panzy"" bit essentially accusing the victim sounds a lot like hurting them might not be an accident soon.

To reply you must either login or sign up.