Forum › The Mute Girl and Her New Friend discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

So it's a bit unclear. What was given the "Sure, why not?", if there isn't permission to scanlate?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So it's a bit unclear. What was given the "Sure, why not?", if there isn't permission to scanlate?

There is no permission for the serialization. There is permission for the still continuing twitter version.

last edited at Feb 21, 2020 9:13AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

Yay for serialization, I guess, but why a weekly shounen magazine? Does that mean that there will be ecchi fanservice and no yuri besides some subtext that never leads anywhere? :< Time to cross fingers and hope that that won’t happen.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Congrats on the serialization!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yay for serialization, I guess, but why a weekly shounen magazine? Does that mean that there will be ecchi fanservice and no yuri besides some subtext that never leads anywhere? :< Time to cross fingers and hope that that won’t happen.

My thoughts exactly, mate. My thoughts exactly.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Also, if no more translations here, how about some specific tag, like, "status unclear" or something? Or at least like, editing description if it's available?

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Also, if no more translations here, how about some specific tag, like, "status unclear" or something? Or at least like, editing description if it's available?

Translations will continue on the web-released content we've been getting. We just aren't sure if we'll get translations for the serialized version.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^^What people mean is this manga seems a bad fit for a (shonen) magazine one could assume is normally just full of action and H stuff- not cute or sweet yuri! And are worried part of the deal was to change it a lot to add fan service or a boy love rival or whatever.

I know we will still have the web version- but that doesn't mean we dont hold out hope the serialized version will be great too.

last edited at Feb 21, 2020 9:19PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

^^^What people mean is this manga seems a bad fit for a (shonen) magazine one could assume is normally just full of action and H stuff- not cute or sweet yuri! And are worried part of the deal was to change it a lot to add fan service or a boy love rival or whatever.

I know we will still have the web version- but that doesn't mean we dont hold out hope the serialized version will be great too.

Maybe the serialized version would focus more on the comedic side of things and keep things vaguely subtext-ish, but would never go beyond that. I'm hoping to be wrong and this is the first step of a shonen magazine trying to become more appealing to a more wide audience, but i'm not holding my breath on that one.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I can't wait for those fight scenes.

(Seeing the reason why the mind reader likes the mute girl made my heart hurt. Also, I love this even more now)

TheElusiveTaco Uploader
Dynastyicon
TheElusiveTaco
joined Jan 10, 2019

Maybe the serialized version would focus more on the comedic side of things and keep things vaguely subtext-ish, but would never go beyond that. I'm hoping to be wrong and this is the first step of a shonen magazine trying to become more appealing to a more wide audience, but i'm not holding my breath on that one.

So far the serialized version has just been expanding the Twitter version into more pages. More focus on certain scenes and expressions, but nothing hugely different just yet.

TheElusiveTaco Uploader
Dynastyicon
TheElusiveTaco
joined Jan 10, 2019

In regards to its serialization: the reward for good work is more work... well done!

And just out of curiosity, I’d like to ask the mangaka if the telepath can “hear” thoughts through walls and doors?

The answer can add a dimension of challenge for MCs to deal with.

Yamura-sensei had this to say!
"If Kokosaki isn't too far from the person in question, then she can hear their thoughts, even through a wall [or door]."

joined Jul 26, 2016

So basically classic "receiver jammed wide open" obligate mindreading. Small wonder she's sour far past the usual teenage Weltschmertz.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ Can that do well in a shonen magazine?? Maybe I'm out of touch lol, but 'young guys' seems like the demographic that would have the least yuri fans?

I hope it does get good reader feedback tho!

last edited at Feb 23, 2020 8:55AM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

i've gone back and re-read every chapter of this series. Chapter 7 really makes you think of how much it would suck to be a mind reader. sure, it's great to read minds but to constantly hearing the minds of other ppl, especially her classmates, can be irritating. she's at the mercy of constantly hearing everybody else's mind from different directions. i can only assume she'll eventually learn how to block out those that she can't stand to hear other than Mashiro.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Great to see a new chapter - love these two.

Ok dumb question but when is she going to tell her that she can read minds?

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Bro this is so cute i'm so glad I found it

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

But then the other girl would stop using her note board and never talk to anyone other than her.

But then the other girl would stop using her note board and never talk to anyone other than her.

Fair point.

These two sooth the soul.

joined Sep 13, 2018

this takes too long to update , i love this idea and i am glad is getting serialized.
The only fear i have every time something gets serialized is to not become like that shark girl manga which was cute and then became something hated by everyone.

joined May 30, 2020

I love this, this is super good. Also, the artwork in the latest chapter is so pretty.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ahh the denial

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

mutedere op

To reply you must either login or sign up.