Forum › The Mute Girl and Her New Friend discussion

Ohno
joined Nov 13, 2018

^There's no real need for mind reading in texting, though. Them communicating long distance via texting would be no different from any other people, removing not only the significance of the mind reading, but also of the aphasia. I'm also a bit amused by you saying that Mashiro wouldn't have to write everything down if they text, when texting consists of doing exactly that.

My point was that kokosaki is used to reading mashiro's mind when they talk to each other. I think it would be interesting for kokosaki to not have the answers readily available and second guess herself. Also, by "writing", I meant using a pencil to manually write everything, as opposed to using the keyboard on a smartphone + cute emojis.

joined Oct 10, 2016

More. MOAR. WE NEED MORE!

Also come on, Kokosaki is a pure tsundere.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also come on, Kokosaki is a pure tsundere.

Only missing the legally mandated zettai ryoiki : /

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I love how everyone can tell Kokosaki is a tsundere and not like some Shoujo protagonist's immature boy love interest.
Joking aside, can we get a feature to suggest tags for manga too? I think right now it's just on images.

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 8:12AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Tag suggestion link is there right after the discussion forum link.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I cant believe I never realized that. I always assumed it was the source button.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I cant believe I never realized that. I always assumed it was the source button.

Same.

I doubt if I’ll use it very much, but Tsundere-chan is Tsundere.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Same.

Well, duh. It's in the nickname!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I suggested the tsundere tag now. They can't reject all of us (they probably can).

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I suggested the tsundere tag now. They can't reject all of us (they probably can).

In my experience, yes they can.

joined Oct 22, 2018

In my experience, yes they can.

They can, but I'm positive they won't this time around.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Same.

Well, duh. It's in the nickname!

Thank you for your support, BV.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BugDevil posted:

They can and will reject your suggestions for seemingly no reason at times. Ie: When I suggested adding the Nanoha doujin tag to a Nanoha doujin and it got rejected for some reason.

joined Jun 12, 2019
joined Oct 22, 2018

https://twitter.com/yamuraichi/status/1215181735551389697?s=21

Is this getting serialised?

I don't know, but now, thanks to you, we know what are their hair and eye colours. Hvala ti puno, druže!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Links​ posted:

https://twitter.com/yamuraichi/status/1215181735551389697?s=21

Yup. It was picked up by Weekly Shounen Champion​ (whatever that is).

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 5:21PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I somehow knew tsundere-chan is blonde. It just seemed to fit.
Not sure if this concept can actually carry a full series. These short 4 page chapters are one thing, chapters that need to go into the double digits for tankubons... sounds tough.

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 5:32PM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

this is the cutest shit oh my god i hope it does get serialized and we get a full blown series with these two

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Yup. It was picked up by Weekly Shounen Champion​ (whatever that is).

It's the magazine that SHY is currently published in.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I somehow knew tsundere-chan is blonde. It just seemed to fit.
Not sure if this concept can actually carry a full series. These short 4 page chapters are one thing, chapters that need to go into the double digits for tankubons... sounds tough.

Yeah, hard to see how it's not just the same joke OR maybe it becomes stupid convoluted misunderstandings. I mean, Mashiro can't ever discover that Kokosaki can actually read minds, right? Or the whole thing falls apart.

But then, I'm not a writer, so maybe there's some imaginative way to make it great.

Keep it great, I mean.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yeah, hard to see how it's not just the same joke OR maybe it becomes stupid convoluted misunderstandings. I mean, Mashiro can't ever discover that Kokosaki can actually read minds, right? Or the whole thing falls apart.

I believe that having a story with a mute girl protagonist/deuteragonist in itself has a lot of potential. A story with a mindreading girl has a lot of potential too. Mixing them should thus multiply the two, but it somehow doesn't feel that way.

Probably because of the way these chapters were handled, it feels incredibly intimate and limited to these two girls, which is a death sentence for long running formats. To make a full fledged series, more side-characters will have to be introduced and the special attributes of both girls will have to be challenged in more exciting/imaginative situations.

It's not impossible at all, but right now a cute little friendship to romantic build up seemed to be as far as the series wanted to go.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 6:16AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also it works because chapters are short. I'm afraid of padding.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also it works because chapters are short. I'm afraid of padding.

Ah, well, let’s not borrow trouble, as me ole grandma used to say. Right now it’s a real delight.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

but right now a cute little friendship to romantic build up seemed to be as far as the series wanted to go.

Nothing wrong with keeping it this way.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

but right now a cute little friendship to romantic build up seemed to be as far as the series wanted to go.

Nothing wrong with keeping it this way.

Yes, that is why this is good. We are talking about a serialisation though, which cannot work on the same parameters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.