Forum › The Story of our First and Last Night discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

It's unusual to see something this sad from Canno...

Gonna have to read Canno's other works to cheer me up now.

That may have been the whole point of making this one-shot.

The pacing went ZOOM

so was the car, I guess

I feel bad for laughing, but I just couldn't help it.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

“The unexamined life is not worth living” was spoken by Socrates itself the statement packs a unique punch. Additionally, Socrates said, “in order to live life to the fullest one must analyze and explore the mind itself.” For more info use this source https://edubirdie.com/buy-thesis-paper where you can get professional help. And moreover you can buy thesis paper. Socrates realized the emphasis his ancestors made on the study of the substantial world and came to the conviction that in order to truly understand the nature of the world we must focus our attention within our souls.

^ ..... Oh look, just what I've always wanted: nonsensical bullshit spam! Christmas got here early this year!

joined Feb 23, 2016

The pacing went ZOOM

so was the car i guess

Please don't make me laugh here

I started laughing... and even at the you monster comment... am i evil? (°_°)

But it’s very sad though..Canno was probably in that car.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I feel like that needed more than 8 pages to work effectively

For some reason, those 8 pages worked fine to me. She came back for one thing and one alone. She did it. No need for more length.

Guardian of the Lilies
Img_0004
joined Mar 15, 2016

Let’s look at the bright side.

Ghost sex!!!

joined Nov 28, 2019

I'm crying omg

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

“The unexamined life is not worth living” was spoken by Socrates itself the statement packs a unique punch. Additionally, Socrates said, “in order to live life to the fullest one must analyze and explore the mind itself.” For more info use this source https://edubirdie.com/buy-thesis-paper where you can get professional help. And moreover you can buy thesis paper. Socrates realized the emphasis his ancestors made on the study of the substantial world and came to the conviction that in order to truly understand the nature of the world we must focus our attention within our souls.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I'm not crying, you're crying.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I inflicted this uncalled sadness upon myself on my own volition.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

There's something really weird going on inside my brain when I read a combination of death with well drawn sex scenes between adult, non moe characters...
It's like a very attractive gift box that contains shit inside.

Furthermore, is this a supernatural issue of a ghost actually showing up to her, or was she hallucinating? We won't know.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BV posted:
[...]

Never quote a bot in full. You're just helping it.

Basic knowledge

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

The pacing went ZOOM

so was the car i guess

You're going to hell for that one. And I'm going too for laughing I guess.

Furthermore, is this a supernatural issue of a ghost actually showing up to her, or was she hallucinating? We won't know.

I'd go for the "cathartic dream" thesis, but who knows. Also, that scribbled out wedding date on page 3. TT__TT Not the kind of story I expected from Canno for sure, but it's good that she tries to get out of her comfort zone.

By the way, this story is part of an anthology on the theme of the "first night", not sure if that was clear.
https://mangadex.org/title/43345/syrup-night-first-night-yuri-anthology

Not all of the stories in it are this depressing, thank god.

PS: I was actually not sure how to translate the title 最初で最後の夜の話 − I first read it as "Our first and last night talk"…

last edited at Nov 28, 2019 1:21PM

joined Feb 15, 2019

I knew this was going to break my heart before I read it but I did anyway. It was beautiful and now I'm going to go cry in a corner.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Shit that made me cry but at least she was able to take a step in moving forward which is good.

joined Sep 6, 2018

After reading a new manga by Canno, I felt sad.
Then I noticed some tits and I now feel glad.
This is a bit of a riddle,
To feel somewhat in the middle:
Could Canno put more NSFW in her twiddles,
So that I may have more giggles?

10489882_731610843562234_6956319631533867213_n
joined Sep 2, 2014

Of all the stories in Syrup First Night... You had to translate the saddest one first??? No, please... Go with Milk Morinaga now T_T
Cries

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Heh, better to go from tears to smiles than the opposite. :þ

joined Jul 26, 2016

Spoilery tags ruined much of the impact ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Well. That kicked me right in the balls. Gonna need some fluff to wash this out.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

WOW. Time to sob

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The sex scenes felt out of place to me. It was weird that it just...happened all of a sudden.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Okay so now I'm crying …

Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

Man, you just can't win with these kinds of stories. If the living spouse commits an hero to "join up" with the dead one because they've based their life around, and defined themselves by their relationship with the dead spouse, then that's a tragedy. On the other hand, if they move on and someone else then that's sad for the readers who want to see the dead spouse be happy with the living one, and not wanting the living spouse to get over the dead one enough that they can "replace" them and not think about them again

Tumblr_pleo0rtlsv1qe7783o1_500%20-%20edited
joined Aug 6, 2018

Ouch

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Wish I didn't read it.
But it's by Canno, so... I did. Suckerpunched my gut. Losing a loved one, especially someone you've been intimate with through a long period of time, it's an understatement to say "it sucks".

last edited at Nov 29, 2019 5:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.