Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

Wow, that ending is actually pretty sweet. Short but sweet, was kinda hoping for more like them being introduced to each of their parents and stuff. Though, I do wonder if his friend will get his own short story with Kanda's brother.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Wait that's the end? It was good but I was hoping for a lot more like the parents finding out and stuff!

Yup, the parents thing was not explored at all. This ending left me a little bit....I don't know....

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

People keep calling the hinted relationship between Naru and Shiba yaoi, but I don't think that's correct. When Ookuma asks them if they're a man, they very explicit say their sex is male. Now, that could just be an artifact of the translation, but it seems like a very specific and unusual wording. They also always appear in very feminine clothes and act in a more traditionally feminine way.

My guess is that Naru is actually trans. or at least somewhere on that end of the spectrum, in contrast to Mizuki who just prefers more masculine cloths both still thinks of themselves as a woman and who gets surprised when people mistake them for male.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'd forgotten this series was by Mochi. It's so different from most of their other works, but I really liked the less completely crack tone and setting. I hope we see more in a similar style, if not an outright continuation.

And I don't really see her parents as conservative. Overprotective - sure. But she obviously has 0 issues with dating another girl, even less than a regular person. Maybe she is just an airhead, but I don't think that is something she would be taught in a conservative household of a wealthy family.

It's worth noting that the same openness to new experiences that lead to her easily accepting Mizuki is also shown in other aspects of her personality. For example when she was confronted with new, and potentially unpleasant, dishes she decided to go for them without hesitation. That's more than just ditzyness and it's not a character trait you'd expect from overly conservative households.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 6:45PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh let's do a continuation of the brother and friend pls I'm here for it if they do

One of my straight friends asking if I'd like them

Me: I'd never think of you that way. Stop that. What are you thinking? That's disgusting...

Yesss tho, a drawn out expression of feelings, I always love that. I'm gonna miss them, what else can I say. And you can def sign me up for the possible alt story at the end there.

joined Aug 11, 2014

"I think my girlfriend is cheating on me!"

Oh, no.

"I'm just going to go ask her instead of jumping to conclusions."

Oh thank god.

"The pretty girl is at my girlfriend's house! It's true! She really is cheating on me!"

Oh, no.

"I'm just going to tell you the slightly awkward truth instead of trying to cover it up and make things worse."

Oh, thank god.

This chapter was a real rollercoaster with my expectations, wow. And then we had a really sweet last word from Kanda to cap things off. I'm happy with that. Good series, I enjoyed it a lot.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Cute little manga but that ending is such a blatant sequel/spin off hook.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Page 19, top panel almost turned me gay... xD

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Welp of course it's her brother,
I can't believe i didn't see this coming -_-

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

While it's not unexpected, I did sort of jump out of my chair at the revelation.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

While it's not unexpected, I did sort of jump out of my chair at the revelation.

Ya guys dont know the true power of cosplay

https://twitter.com/Rei_Dunois/status/1224271190212014080

joined May 20, 2013

Ya guys dont know the true power of cosplay

https://twitter.com/Rei_Dunois/status/1224271190212014080

...Is that a body suit? Suspect elbow folds

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Of course it is. Human elbows don't do that, or at least they shouldn't.

joined May 20, 2013

Is that what is considered cosplay nowadays? Not judging, I just feel out of the loop...

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

And by god I'd read it

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

Oh...that's the end? First School Zone gets caught up and now this?! Why is life so cruel

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

And by god I'd read it

It seems like it'd be cute.

joined Oct 14, 2020

That was it? Well...guess it's better to end on a good note than drag on with pointless drama. It was nice. Good mix of comedy and romance. Wholesome stuff like this really hits home.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahahaha i love the ending. "here we go again" XD doesn't really mean there will be a spin off, could simply be taken as a nice funny joke lol

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I'm kinda sad to see it end, but It was a nice series, I knew it wasn't a mistake to follow this one, pretty wholesome stuff every chapter, also that ending.....when will we get a BL of those two?

Also Good genes seem to run in Kanda's family lol.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Kanda genes are amazing also this chapter was cuteee

joined Sep 4, 2016

NOOOOOOO! That can't be all of it. Such a good series.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Is that what is considered cosplay nowadays? Not judging, I just feel out of the loop...

No that one is a exception not the norm in cosplay. Look for dragoncon videos or smth on youtube if you are curious. This guy just likes to cosplay as girls and well hes good at it. Check their twitter page.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

And here we go again...

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

That ending made me LAUGH. It's them Kanda genes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.