Forum › Posts by blureading

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

rooting for her!

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

here’s to hoping our girl komugi didn’t pass out after that kiss, she could barely handle being in a cafe

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I also think it's fairly safe to assume that rather than a full-on dream, Michi was projected into the real-life classroom, and actually talked to Aizawa.

EXTREMELY intrigued by this theory. I am supportive of this (also noting the fact that it was dark outside when they talked too)

Like other readers, I think there’re a Lot of mysteries yet to be solved so far. From the seemingly trivial question “who hid kasumi’s hair clip?” to the central theme “why is aizawa seemingly obssessive with michi?” to the grand finale “what is aizawa’s cause of death?”

I like the fact that the manga keeps it lighthearted despite all these questions.

blureading
Cross Fire discussion 29 Dec 01:54
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

i find the dramatic tone from start to end really funny. Also the Toys tag takes me out

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

binged this in 1 go and I cant believe I stumbled on such a gem. Love this series! Love the art style too, it’s so charismatic.

My favorite “arc” so far is the relationship between Yurika and Reika. I like how it was handled so realistically.

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I've always loved this one, and recommend the rest of Tendou Kirin's works as well! The meaning of growing up as a girl in both the context of being attracted to women/being trans was conveyed just beautifully.

I had difficulty mapping out that parallel after reading the manga, so thanks for articulating it so clearly!

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

this is cute, funny, sad, AND interesting. Definitely my fav running series of the season

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

it’s kinda cool to see the premise and the tag interact with each other. “slice of life” and “a girl who’s about to die” is a cool combo

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I am enjoying this, and the translation is hilarious too. Subscribed!

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

The composition of this cover's amazing, though I'm surprised Ryouko's so openly playing around with evil Komachi. The phrasing on the back of the book, "You want to die? I think that's nice/死にたいの?いいと思うよ," is the same as back in chapter 22, when Komachi was giving the OK to everything.

This is such an awesome detail. Ryouko confirming our suspicions in a playful way is so exciting to me. Missing insane girl Komachi and this vol feels like Komachi’s time to shine so wahoooo

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I don´t really like manaria as a character but i can understand her inclusion and even if it´s a little force i can appreciate the fact she´s moving the story foward

agreed. Though I admit she’s not the most likeable character, I feel that she’s a much needed push for Rei and Claire.

I personally like manaria though i see why people don’t like her lol

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

Genuinely excited about the girls interacting with each other, so it’s not just Main Girl x Love Interest. Can’t wait for the interactions!!!

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I want everyone here to read "The One Within the Villainess" manga!

It's a story about how a girl is isekai'd into the body of her oshi villainess but the twist here is that we get to see it from the POV of the Original Villainess whose lonely heart is then healed by the love that the MC has for the Villainess.

It's a horrendous pseudo-selfcest crack ship but I am 95% adamant that it's yuri.

I demand everyone here to read it! I demand to see it posted on this website!

Edit: After rereading the chapters, I'm proud to announce that I am 120% certain that it's completely yuri. This is a hill I'm dying on.

Reading this now because of your recommendation; I must say it’s definitely become one of my favorites already. Thanks so much!!

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 2:46AM

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

Nevri posted:

It's not! That's actually very good question I used to ask myself as well for a very long time, until it was explained to me! I even suggested explaining it somewhere, but sadly it wasn't added. Either way, it works like that. On main page you only see part of recently added works, usually new releases or one-shots etc. basically the stuff that needs the most attention, since space on main page is limited and Dynasty tries to avoid cluttering it too much (it mostly applies when there's a lot of series uploaded during 1 day or few days in a row). On the other hand Recently Added contains actually all added works in order of adding. So for example if a series that has already 20 chapters translated was being added to site, you'd only see first few on main page, to avoid overshadowing everything else, but if you go to Recently Added, you'll see all 20 chapters added. So for the most part checking main page should be fine, but if you don't want to risk missing anything, it's good idea to be checking Recently Added regularly as well. Hopefully I explained it well.

Yuki Kitsune posted:

Not a silly question at all!

It would be more accurate to say that the items on the left (with thumbnails) are recently released and items on the right (text only) are recently added to the site. The difference is that the releases are when the chapter was first made available by the scanlator. For example, the items in your screen-capture were added to Dynasty on Aug.17, 2022, but their release dates are in 2020 an 2021.

Thanks so much to both of you who explained it so clearly. Now I am clear on the difference between "recently released" and "recently added." This also clarifies the dates next to chapters released as well. This was much needed, thank you Nevri and Yuki Kitsune :D

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

The overall tone is quite happy, but I can’t help but be worried as each chapter passes.

I’m glad that they are talking money, because that’s the most worrying aspect.

I think my other worry would be “job satisfaction.” While Hii-chan seems like the type to be OK with any jobs as long as it gives money for her to be with Haru, while Haru seems to be interested in “the drive to keep going”. I don’t know if I’m making sense.. I guess to me Haru feels unsure of this whole thing, less than Hii-chan at least.

I don’t know why I’m being extremely cautious, even though this manga has been mostly happy. I guess it’s because I’m not used to dealing with the uncertainty surrounding the setting of the manga. This is much harder to deal with than the regular 9-5 despair. The 9-5 dread is at least predictable and ensures that people are being fed, while this manga’s sense of uncertain happiness makes me worry about even the littlest things.

last edited at Aug 19, 2022 2:36PM

blureading
noighd discussion 19 Aug 12:50
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I'm reading all the titles noighd works on, and they are all great reads :D I look forward to future scanlations!

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

this is seriously so funny. The art is great too so I have high expectations!!

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

Re-reading this, and god this was gold. It still is one of my favs.

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I am a bit confused about Dynasty's homepage's sections.
I am not sure what's the difference between the two sections I squared below.

Imgur

I have long assumed both sections are "Recently Added" but the left section include thumbnails and tags, while the right section doesn't. Today I realized the two sections don't display the same chapters.

I hope this is not a silly question!

blureading
Otsu Hiyori discussion 18 Aug 17:23
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

the author got featured today on Dynasty’s “featured author” section. Just wanted to say I like their work and especially adored Maple Love :)

blureading
Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

tournament arc!! excited for more shion-rehm, I think they’re funny. Hoping to see glimpses of other witch couples.

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

However, I don't think what was said on Chapter 1, with future Satsuki's commentary ending with "Komachi Komako should have died", meant that Komako is somehow directly involved with all the premonitions, most likely Satsuki at some point in the future will realize that her preventing the deaths causes a chain reaction. The phrase prior to that is proof:

(...) what I did then might have broken the perfectly fitting gears of fate. That small distortional spreads little by little, until it all starts falling out of place.

Why does it only attract more death? The president himself commented that ever since she enrolled the corpses have been showing up a lot, so her not letting fate follow the "natural" course of things is exacerbating the fatalities around her.

I agree about the chain reaction, considering Prez’s comment.

However, I also think that the statement “Komachi Komako should have died” has either little, or everything to do with the effects of the chain reaction.

Let’s assume that there is a chain reaction at school and its principles are as follow:

1/ The more deaths Satsuki prevents, the worse deaths will await.
2/ It does not matter who Satsuki save, the chain reaction starts, then goes on.

Assuming the above 2 principles, if Satsuki wishes that she could prevent such chain reaction, she would wish that she has never saved anyone at school in the first place. Because saving someone, anyone at all, would start the chain reaction.

However, we know 1 fact: Komachi is not the first person Satuski saved. Her nickname “liar satsuki” comes from the fact that she has already told several others that they would die, but they ended up not dying (because she saved them). Her nickname comes from the fact that she already saved other people at school before Komachi.

If she wishes for there to never be such chain reaction, she would instead state “I should have never saved anyone in the first place.” But Satsuki explicitly states “Komachi Komako should have died” instead.

Thus, there are 3 scenarios:
1/ The chain reaction is not started just by saving anyone, but started by saving Komachi. —> I think this is plausible, even though it sounds ridiculous. The biggest proof is Satsuki stating thinking back on it, what I did then might have broken one of the perfectly fitting gears of fate. This statement can be translated as: “Saving Komachi might have caused the gears to go wrong.”

2/ There is a chain reaction, and saving Komachi can be part of it, but the fact that Komachi is alive is what is problematic. The statement “Komachi Komako should have died” refers to something gone wrong, something even worse than the chain reaction. Maybe Komachi will do something terrible in the future? Or she’s already doing something terrible without us knowing? —-> I also think this is likely. The events surrounding Satsuki might push Komachi closer and closer to revealing her insanity. A scenario where mass murder can happen: Komachi going around and killing people because someone of authority ordered her. It can be simple as that.

3/ There is no chain reaction. Prez’s comment might actually can be interpreted in another way: “Satsuki’s appearance at school itself is causing deaths.” —-> I think this is unlikely, considering the context of the convo between vice prez and prez.

last edited at Aug 17, 2022 4:12PM

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I am hoping that Nanao will have a Girls Talk kind of date with Ena. I don’t really expect her to jump straight into bed with Ena considering her reservations and the fact that her crush is Asumi lol

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

Childhood friend rival arc I am excited as hell

Right? Normally I’d think this would just be obnoxious, but in this story it sounds like it’s be so interesting. I can’t wait.

same reaction! Usually I brush childhood friends off as plot filler, but in this series I anticipate it as something very exciting.

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

Childhood friend rival arc I am excited as hell