Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

@luinthoron
I'm guessing you used a shortened title to search for it and then copy-pasted the whole thing... right? RIGHT?? XD
I'll give it a try, thanks.

I don't need to search, I have both MAL lists open at all times (and thanks to the quotation marks, this is literally the first on the manga side). :P

henrytruongfe522
joined Jan 25, 2022

There is this manga "My sister's bestfriend, my lover", the manga is already here on Dynasty Scan but only updated till chapter 4 while the raw-scan is already chapter 8 here:

https://manga-1001.com/manga/%e5%a7%89%e3%81%ae%e8%a6%aa%e5%8f%8b%e3%80%81%e7%a7%81%e3%81%ae%e6%81%8b%e4%ba%ba%e3%80%82-raw-free/

I wonder when this gem is getting pick up and continue translated. I really like the story of the manga, and the art is beautiful, too.

joined Mar 31, 2022

Yuri Manga is a huge fan of anime and manga. He loves watching shows like "Pokemon", "Digimon", "Yu Yu Hakusho", "Dragonball Z", "Bleach", "Naruto", etc. He even draws some of these characters himself.

are there any other yuri manga like If I Could Reach You (Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo)? if there are, please link them quoting me !! ^_^
(basically something like a manga that pierces your heart several times but at the end your heart gets restored)

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 11:26AM by

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Looking for media (manga or otherwise) with asexual character(s). Preferably a series over a one-shot, but I'll take those too. I don't care if it's gay, het, trans, aromantic, demisexual, gray ace. Just looking for anything at all. I'd even be okay with subtext as long as there's a better reason to believe a character is ace beyond "doesn't pursue sex".

Preference would be character(s) that aren't minor characters, of course, but if it comes right down to it I'd accept one if they were a recurring character.

An example of a character I personally see as ace without the creator outright saying it is Kasumi from A Room For Two, or even Sakurako since there's a good enough case for her being demisexual as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I'll probably reread that for the umpteenth time regardless of whether I get any suggestions or not lol

edit:

I'm looking for recommendations for novels involving F/F romance, without that meaning that the primary genre has to be romance though. I'm curious about adventure (in either a fantasy or realistic setting) and sci-fi stories, but historical drama or slice-of-life would also be good. I don't really mind the age of the characters, but I don't want an age gap romance. Incest is also out (note: step-sisters who haven't grown up together are okay). Oh, and no vampires/werewolves please. NSFW scenes are okay, but not as the main focus.

I'd rather it be available online ('cause I can't afford to have them in my library for a number of reasons...), so webnovels and amateur original works are more than welcome, as long as they are completed.

Is fanfiction okay? And if so, are there any fandoms you'd be particularly interested in? I have a variety of suggestions for fanfic that would fit the bill, but they'd obviously benefit greatly from context, most of the time.

Off the top of my head the best ones I can think of are for Persona 5 Royal and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. If I put a bit more thought into it I could probably think up a couple more P5 fanfics and a handful of Love Live! fanfics. Probably some Fire Emblem: Three Houses ones too. Outside of those four... I'd have to take a moment to come up with other fandoms I've participated in, since I haven't really been actively looking for things in the fanfic scene lately outside of a handful of individual stories.

Unfortunately I'm not as familiar with F/F literature that isn't like... manga or fanfic. Or fanfic of manga. I guess I hear recommendations for Adachi and Shimamura? Or at least I think they're recommendations, they might be complaints, it's hard to tell sometimes.

are there any other yuri manga like If I Could Reach You (Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo)? if there are, please link them quoting me !! ^_^
(basically something like a manga that pierces your heart several times but at the end your heart gets restored)

That's pretty much every yuri series, except rather than your heart being pierced, it's more like having a migraine that gets worse and worse as you become more and more frustrated with the characters, and instead of getting any sort of restoration at the end, you're just left with an overwhelming sense of disappointment.

I might be a little bitter. And jaded. Probably from reading too much yuri.

Maybe Citrus? I've never read it but people certainly have a love-hate relationship with it, so it probably pierces your heart at least a few times. Maybe not in the way you're looking for though, I don't know.

I also haven't read Bloom into You (yeah yeah, I know) so I don't know if it matches what you're looking for exactly, but considering it's a highly successful, critically acclaimed manga, with a highly successful, critically acclaimed anime adaptation means it probably has it's fair share of well-written drama.

Maybe something by Neji. She's among my favorite yuri authors, and I've read everything she made thats been scanlated. I wouldn't call her work the most dramatic necessarily, but it's not just 100% light-hearted all the time. Except Wani-san, who is good at his job and a very good crocodile.

Recommendations for Neji's work that might meet your criteria would include the recently concluded Beauty and the Beast Girl and Welcome to the Prison Town.

Might check out Canno as well. A Kiss and a White Lily is a classic. I'm hesitant to recommend An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!), but that's only because I felt that the ending was rushed and unsatisfactory. Other than that though, it was pretty good, and tackled polyamory in a way that wasn't "haha, harem go brrr," which is nice.

Kodama Naoko for at least Seagull Villa Days. Seeing as I'm a horrible person, I could recommend Netsuzou Trap... but I'm not that horrible.

Octave is good, though there's a number of people who would disagree with me, but those people are wrong because only my opinion is valid.

Crescent Moon and Doughnuts is popular, and I think it matches your criteria, but I'm not 100% sure. I never finished Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It but it seemed good from what I read.

And then there's two classics: Girl Friends and Sweet Blue Flowers, both of which have been licensed for English releases.

One of my personal favorites is Still Sick, but honestly it's more like the opposite of what you're asking for.

And lastly, Takemiya Jin basically only makes the kind of manga you want. (And I adore her art, too.)

(I also recommend Oddman 11, which is not at all what you're looking for and I'm just shilling it because I love the author for reasons.)

edit: lmao comparing my recommendations for manga compared to what I said about novels sort of illustrates the point I was making about not being very familiar with the world of F/F literature.

last edited at Apr 5, 2022 10:16PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Looking for media (manga or otherwise) with asexual character(s). Preferably a series over a one-shot, but I'll take those too. I don't care if it's gay, het, trans, aromantic, demisexual, gray ace. Just looking for anything at all. I'd even be okay with subtext as long as there's a better reason to believe a character is ace beyond "doesn't pursue sex".

Preference would be character(s) that aren't minor characters, of course, but if it comes right down to it I'd accept one if they were a recurring character.

An example of a character I personally see as ace without the creator outright saying it is Kasumi from A Room For Two, or even Sakurako since there's a good enough case for her being demisexual as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I'll probably reread that for the umpteenth time regardless of whether I get any suggestions or not lol

I don't really come across asexual characters often (and if I did I likely wouldn't notice if it was only subtext), but one of the main leads in Accept My Fist of Love! seemed ace to me (and I've seen many people agree with that take as well.)
There's also a character in Bloom Into You (**sendin' that link right back atcha**) that could definitely be read as aro/ace. He only has a supporting role in the story, but perhaps it's worth giving it a try if you don't find anything else.

edit:

I'm looking for recommendations for novels involving F/F romance [...]

Is fanfiction okay? And if so, are there any fandoms you'd be particularly interested in? I have a variety of suggestions for fanfic that would fit the bill, but they'd obviously benefit greatly from context, most of the time.

Off the top of my head the best ones I can think of are for Persona 5 Royal and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. If I put a bit more thought into it I could probably think up a couple more P5 fanfics and a handful of Love Live! fanfics. Probably some Fire Emblem: Three Houses ones too. Outside of those four... I'd have to take a moment to come up with other fandoms I've participated in, since I haven't really been actively looking for things in the fanfic scene lately outside of a handful of individual stories.

Unfortunately I'm not as familiar with F/F literature that isn't like... manga or fanfic. Or fanfic of manga. I guess I hear recommendations for Adachi and Shimamura? Or at least I think they're recommendations, they might be complaints, it's hard to tell sometimes.

I do follow Adachi and Shimamura, thanks. Unfortunately I'm not much of a fan of derivative works in general, and from the ones you mentioned I'm only familiar with Love Live anyway XD

How about Run Away With Me, Girl? (I'm pretty sure I've recommended this to someone looking for manga like If I Could Reach You in the past, now that I think about it...) Anyway, it's good, and I think it fits your criteria.

How about Run Away With Me, Girl (I'm pretty sure I've recommended this to someone looking for manga like If I Could Reach You in the past, now that I think about it...) Anyway, it's good, and I think it fits your criteria.

thank you!! ill be looking forward to this ^_^

edit: i think you linked the wrong manga...

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 7:01AM by

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

How about Run Away With Me, Girl (I'm pretty sure I've recommended this to someone looking for manga like If I Could Reach You in the past, now that I think about it...) Anyway, it's good, and I think it fits your criteria.

Here, have a correct link. Run Away With Me, Girl

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Here, have a correct link. Run Away With Me, Girl

Oops, guess I got those a bit mixed up as I was writing the post

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I don't really come across asexual characters often (and if I did I likely wouldn't notice if it was only subtext), but one of the main leads in Accept My Fist of Love! seemed ace to me (and I've seen many people agree with that take as well.)
There's also a character in Bloom Into You (**sendin' that link right back atcha**) that could definitely be read as aro/ace. He only has a supporting role in the story, but perhaps it's worth giving it a try if you don't find anything else.

Unfortunately I've already read Accept My Fist of Love! (and loved it), but I'd agree that you can certainly read Takebe as ace. I'll check out Bloom Into You. It's time I find out what all the fuss is about anyway.

To be perfectly honest, I don't expect to get many suggestions. It's not exactly easy to figure out if someone's ace if they don't tell you themselves, and fictional characters tend to be poor conversationalists. :P

(I always feel like I'm in a political ad if I bring it up myself... "I'm asexual, and I approve this message.")

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind got three characters in the ace spectrum and two of them are the main characters.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Hello I’m looking for some heartwarming & cute doujins/one-shots/series about couples living together. :)

Kinda like Dousei Seikatau

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind got three characters in the ace spectrum and two of them are the main characters.

Thanks very much! I'll check it out ASAP

edit: Incidentally, linked in the discussion for that manga (which I love, thank you so much!) was another manga that, while not ace per se, does feature what could reasonably be called a queerplatonic relationship. If anyone is interested.

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 2:45AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Is there any new mom x mom yuri out there? Or any involving moms that isn't incest? (Even incest mom yuri is rare)

I already read the one by Muromaki and the ones by Tamamusi (unless either of them released a new one)

joined Mar 12, 2018

Is there any new mom x mom yuri out there? Or any involving moms that isn't incest? (Even incest mom yuri is rare)

I already read the one by Muromaki and the ones by Tamamusi (unless either of them released a new one)

"The Law of First Loves" (a manhua) and "Kill me now" (also a manhua but it's pseudo-incest).

last edited at Apr 10, 2022 4:59AM

Download
joined Oct 29, 2021

is there any action and horror yuri please

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Otherside Picnic

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

"The Law of First Loves" (a manhua) and "Kill me now" (also a manhua but it's pseudo-incest).

Where can I find those?

joined Mar 12, 2018

Where can I find those?

The Law of First Loves and Kill me now. Here you go !

joined Mar 12, 2018

Thanks very much! I'll check it out ASAP

edit: Incidentally, linked in the discussion for that manga (which I love, thank you so much!) was another manga that, while not ace per se, does feature what could reasonably be called a queerplatonic relationship. If anyone is interested.

Thanks for the suggestion, it was fun to read.

If you're still looking for ace representation in medias, there's the j-drama Koisenu Futari.

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 9:39AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I suppose my previous recommendation from above, "Omae Gotoki ga Maou ni Kateru to Omouna" to Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareta node, Outo de Kimama ni Kurashitai or its manga adaptation would fit here as well.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Does anyone know where I can read the translated light novel version of "A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days"?

Download
joined Oct 29, 2021

I suppose my previous recommendation from above, "Omae Gotoki ga Maou ni Kateru to Omouna" to Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareta node, Outo de Kimama ni Kurashitai or its manga adaptation would fit here as well.

thank you ^~^

Does anyone know where I can read the translated light novel version of "A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days"?

you mean this one or??

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

If you're still looking for ace representation in medias, there's the j-drama Koisenu Futari.

Looks promising. I'll check it out, thanks!

To reply you must either login or sign up.