Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

One way or another, Shiho should have a relevant role in the next Arc. And I would like more chapters from Aki's perspective.

"How Do We Relationship," is a favorite of mine. I'd love it if this series tried to navigate both relationships in a similar-ish fashion. Not in the same way Tamifull's series does (the audiences are different and that kind of mature writing might not work for a series like this) but Shiho and Aki for example could have interesting issues to slowly work around and birth lessons from. I'm still not sure what Yori and Hima would do though. I feel like, for them, the author would have to create a sudden new issue in order to shake them up, or just continue doing fluff. Their core desires and character make-ups don't really lend themselves to natural dramatic potential. But we'll see. They could just be the standard necessary romance compared to the other main couple where the dramatic work is executed. That's already been the strategy up to this point anyway so she could just continue that.

Me too. I'm a bit anxious to get a confirmation whether the manga is close to its ending or not.

Yeah I've long suspected that it might end after this. It's reached a hard conclusion to all storylines and character desires. So it would need to reset, like seasons in a webtoon. It's already followed some webtoon/Korean/Chinese type "couple A gets together now focus on couple B" stuff so maybe it'll continue that and do a reset.

last edited at May 29, 2023 7:44AM

joined Feb 11, 2022

"How Do We Relationship," is a favorite of mine.

I have been interested in reading this one for a long time.

Yeah I've long suspected that it might end after this.

Perhaps we would already know it if that was the case? I think the magazine would have announced that the series, and not the "school festival" as they stated, was entering its climax on the color page of the previous chapter. But who knows, it's already quite a long manga by this genre's standards.

By the way, Chapter 42 is the second one of Volume 9, so this Arc is expected to finish in two more chapters. At the very least we should be getting one more volume after that. And yeah, I guess it wouldn't be crazy for the series to tie up all the loose ends in six more chapters or so.

last edited at May 29, 2023 11:42PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

"How Do We Relationship," is a favorite of mine.

I have been interested in reading this one for a long time.

Yeah HDWR is great, has lovely writing and well written character dynamics. I think it's the best, honestly. Just remember that it really means what it's english title implies. Some criticized the name but it sets up the reader properly for what to expect from the series' focus. It's targeting a whole different audience compared to a lot of the stuff here (so I can't imagine what the response to it, here is, considering the general tastes I've seen). It's honest about actual relationship issues (both good and bad). It's always fun and developed though; but, that's a heads up. Give it a try when you get the chance.

If I had to pick 3 more to recommended based on this:
"Even Though We're Adults" (which is ending), "Kill me Now," (more abstract) and "Hana ni Arashi" (also ending). + "Miss Angel and Miss Devil," just because that's lovely and literally no one seems to mention it. Maybe also "Adachi and Shimumara," but the LNs.

Perhaps we would already know it if that was the case? I think the magazine would have announced that the series, and not the "school festival" as they stated, was entering its climax on the color page of the previous chapter. But who knows, it's already quite a long manga by this genre's standards.

Yeah I agree. I feel this way mainly because from a narrative standpoint there's not much else to pull from. Having said that she could just introduce a new issue after this one is over. Like you said it's gone on long enough that when it reaches points of natural rest, I start wondering whether it might be setting up an end.

last edited at May 30, 2023 7:21AM

Images%20(1)
joined Oct 27, 2021

Shiho haters keep crying

loveis_freely
Img_7457
joined Mar 17, 2023

i think that this (and the next chapter or 2) will probably end this whole arc. and hopefully we’lll be able to see more of the other characters again. don’t get me wrong, i LOVE shiho, but she has admittedly taken up about 3 years of this manga, and we do need a break. i’m hoping we’ll be able to see her and aki developing more in the background. even if they don’t end up together, i’m hoping for them to at least cut ties and become friendly again.

loveis_freely
Img_7457
joined Mar 17, 2023

Shiho haters keep crying
BASED

joined Jun 12, 2012

Honestly I stopped reading at volume 7 because this is boring as shit, but the Shiho hate train keeps me coming back to the comments lol

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Honestly I stopped reading at volume 7 because this is boring as shit, but the Shiho hate train keeps me coming back to the comments lol

I'm kinda more looking forward to the comments too. See you all next month, because whatever the next chapter is, I will probably not like it :P

last edited at Jun 1, 2023 3:15AM

joined Feb 11, 2022

i think that this (and the next chapter or 2) will probably end this whole arc. and hopefully we’lll be able to see more of the other characters again. don’t get me wrong, i LOVE shiho, but she has admittedly taken up about 3 years of this manga, and we do need a break. i’m hoping we’ll be able to see her and aki developing more in the background. even if they don’t end up together, i’m hoping for them to at least cut ties and become friendly again.

My brain: No more Shiho for a while after this Arc. Other characters need to be in the spotlight to refresh the manga.

My heart: More Shiho please.

loveis_freely
Img_7457
joined Mar 17, 2023

My brain: No more Shiho for a while after this Arc. Other characters need to be in the spotlight to refresh the manga.

My heart: More Shiho please.

real

joined Sep 23, 2022

Shiho is very pretty

joined Sep 23, 2022

When new chapter?:/

joined Feb 11, 2022

When new chapter?:/

In 10 days, and it's going to be a long one.

Volume 8 will also be out on the same date (and Shiho and Aki are on the cover, as expected).

joined Apr 30, 2022

Chapter 43 of the comic has been updated, and I can already imagine that there will be a lot of people debating the content of this chapter once it's updated here.

But there's no need to argue anymore, as Shiho and Aki's storyline has also come to an end. The next step should be to depict the stories of other characters.

joined Feb 11, 2022

Chapter 43 is out, but it hasn't been posted here yet, so I'll write my first impressions as a spoiler:

Overall, I'm satisfied with this kind of resolution for the Arc. Although I wasn't a fan of the idea of Aki "falling in love" (in a "Hey, let's start over and let's see how it goes" kinda way, at least for now) with Shiho so quickly and sharing her feelings in front of everyone, now that it happened I can't say that I hate it (well, I won't deny that the author's exceptional drawing skills makes everything much easier to digest). But more importantly, this makes the whole band competition's premise relevant again in retrospective, so it feels appropriate from a narrative perspective at least.

The extras of Volume 8 seem to indicate that the next Arc will focus primarily on... Miki (Aki's sister) and her Senpai from the swimming club. I'd personally be interested in that, but I can understand if many here would be disappointed by it.

last edited at Jul 20, 2023 7:40PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

I think it's because of the cultural difference, but in our country, no one hates Shiho like this. Everyone wants Shiho to be happy with Aki. So this chapter (43) is one of the most appreciated chapters in the whole series

joined Apr 17, 2023

where did you guys read the new chapter???

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

where did you guys read the new chapter???

Mangadex

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

the Volume 8 extras are also out on Mangadex and i'm trying to remember who that other person in the second Omake with Miki is. Totally forgot about that character, who's that again?

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

the Volume 8 extras are also out on Mangadex and i'm trying to remember who that other person in the second Omake with Miki is. Totally forgot about that character, who's that again?

Her senpai from swimming club, we've seen her just once in chapter 38, she doesn't even have a name yet.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Her senpai from swimming club, we've seen her just once in chapter 38, she doesn't even have a name yet.

Ohh gotcha, thanks!

joined Jan 21, 2020

Oh boy i sure hope we still get that apology from shiho after being a major ass for godknowshowmany chapter

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 4:41AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice extras, and another couple coming up?

joined Sep 10, 2022

I think it's because of the cultural difference, but in our country, no one hates Shiho like this. Everyone wants Shiho to be happy with Aki. So this chapter (43) is one of the most appreciated chapters in the whole series

Yeah I've tried to discuss that reality before but to middling effect. Yeah they're very popular. There's a reason they've had the focus for so long.

My take on this chapter:

I liked this resolution. They're starting over and now have the ability to build a romance if they want to over time, since Aki's realized that she no longer is hung up on her past romance and is therefore open to a new one (she realized this a couple chapters ago). Aki's deciding to be open to a relationship again with someone she never wanted to lose in the first place and whatever form that winds up taking over time, is whatever. It'll likely end up romantic though, especially since Shiho still likes her and the only real impediment back then had been Aki's old crush.

This is how I wanted it to end, not really a confession of love but a rekindling of something unnecessarily lost. They both apologized but most importantly, finally got all their feelings and emotions out. Now they're free to work together and start a new relationship again, free of unrequited loves and unnecessary pressures

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 8:19AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, Shiho, I guess you're an idiot after all. :P

Beautiful. ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.