Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It bothers me that she's are aware enough to know she's being childish, but not aware of what maturity looks like.

Don't tell your 14 year old, grieving, orphan ward "Don't go" like this is a lovers' spat, tell her that she's welcome to stay and will always have a home with you no matter what she chooses. You know, like a responsible parent.

Being a responsible parent doesn’t just happen—sure, one’s own parents model behavior, but when push comes to shove that’s only of tangential help compared to, you know, the experience of actually raising a kid.

You know, like Midori has never done.

Like everyone else, I have mixed feelings about how I want their relationship to turn out.. Gaaah I’m so conflicteddd. They are complete opposites which is like a yuri law that the best couples are always, Always Opposites. However, she’s the daughter of her deceased friend/crush. It can go either way but I’m very eager to see which direction it will go.

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

i understand midori not having a strong will of her own but i got to agree with her asking haru about it because since she's not directly related it makes sense to not make those executive decisions

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i have a feeling this will go down the romance path, just don't know how. i'd be happy with a time skip if that happens. but midori needs to grow some labia folds and admit that she needs haru in her life

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

i have a feeling this will go down the romance path, just don't know how. i'd be happy with a time skip if that happens. but midori needs to grow some labia folds and admit that she needs haru in her life

That's some nice wordsmithin' you got there. You ought to write a novel, Lesbian Pirate.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

first off why didn't Midori put a reminder in her phone, like a normal person?

Second I use to have a sweater just like the one Midori was wearing in the dinner scene.

Third I'm kind of bad with social cues, but even I knew Haru wanted Midori to claim her.

Mind%20as%20judgement%20jpg
joined Nov 20, 2018

At this pace, I feel something will be sprouting on these two at chapter 1469, yes I'm certain. Keep it up ...

i mean at least there's development in every chapter with no unnecessary drama unlike citrus+. tbh i'm fine with waiting until chapter 1469

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

1469 is an oddly specific number.
Let me check what happened in the year that carried that number, lol!

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Get your bags together,
Go bring your good friends, too
'Cause it's getting nearer,
It soon will be with you

Now come and join the living,
It's not so far from you
And it's getting nearer,
Soon it will all be true

Oh Feels Train sounding louder
Glide on the Feels Train
Come on now Feels Train

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

One of the best that i've read, i ugly cried like, 10 minutes ago and there's only 13 chapters for now k
It's weird to think about anything love-like between those two FOR SURE, even tho sometimes you can see something, would be weird for so many reasons...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Dramaallama

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I added this series to my to-read list long ago but only remembered about it now. It's really nice, but I'm unsure if I'd rather them be a couple or have a mother/daughter-like relationship (no, not like 1×½)

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

This manga needs an animation like real badly. This is gonna have some beautiful openings and ending songs. I can feel it.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This manga needs an animation like real badly. This is gonna have some beautiful openings and ending songs. I can feel it.

Yeah

Also, one weird trend I noticed in these adult life series with flashbacks to high school times is that the flashbacks and present both commonly seem to match irl present. lol

joined Feb 8, 2016

I really love this series. Midori is so conflicted and so guilty about what she believes she should have done with Haru's mom. The art is good and storyline excellent. Haro, so mature for her age. I hope that Dynasty can finish this series to the end. I find this one of the most entreguing series around.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I have to agree wholeheartedly!

joined Sep 6, 2018

I AGREE! This can be an OVA or a series, but there’s not enough material for a series yet.

Chapter 13 is fantastic. The bitch in high school has her own baggage, too. I’m a little confused about those last words on last page: were those words spoken when she was younger, asking her friend to stay, or were those words meant to be implied between her and Haru?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I’m a little confused about those last words on last page: were those words spoken when she was younger, asking her friend to stay, or were those words meant to be implied between her and Haru?

From what I can tell, these seem to be the words Midori wants to say but can't. (Because kid or adult, this stuff is really hard when you're the one involved).

joined Jun 25, 2017

Just say it!!! You want her to stay. (╥﹏╥)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The power of words! she knows that she wants to say it, but it means nothing if she doesn't actually say i!

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I feel like this is starting to teeter into romantic territory?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm not sure if this series is heading for a non-traditional family, or an age gap love affair, but I'll be rooting for Haru and Midori either way.

last edited at Mar 28, 2020 2:28AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Of course she can't say "don't go". She has to play the part of the adult.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Midori is doing the right thing as a guardian by setting aside her own wishes in favour of what her charge wants for herself. It would be quite selfish to try and influence Haru's decision beyond being clear that she is always welcome.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Of course she can't say "don't go". She has to play the part of the adult.

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. This is exactly the sort of thing where an adult can't say that, even if they think it. This is one of the places where Haru's age is a big factor. She doesn't realize quite that before everything else, Midori really can't tell Haru she wants her to stay. The circumstances - not just not being a relative, but also not wanting to use your power as an adult to influence a minor - just in every way, Midori doesn't really have anything she can do.

That is really frustrating for a kid, I think, I can see why Haru is not satisfied. She's just gonna have to read between the lines, cause Midori will indeed play by the rules here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.