Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I like the detached tone and introspective nature. I wish I could read Japanese because it sounds like I would enjoy the novels.

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

I really like the vibe this has. I hope it gets just a bit gayer instead of subtext only

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

It does feel like more than subtext, because they are thinking about each other a LOT. If what CozyCreature12 said is true, i doubt we will see anything romantic in this manga, though.
I'd be okay with it still, because it does give a nice vibe.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I like this pairing a lot, they definitely have the chemistry down. The four-panel structure kind of bothers me; I don't think it really fits the type of story that this is, and there were some parts where it made the pacing a little awkward, though t's not a big deal. I'm really looking forward to reading that novel - hopefully these long-ass conversations work even better there.

On panels 3-4 of page 12, chapter 1, which translation is more accurate, between the two versions? (Anonymous / sneikkimies) The latter makes more sense to me, but I still wonder.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 4:32PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Well, that's a nice coincidence.

The novel series is among of my favourite books. The characters are wonderful, funny, relatable, and extremely lovable. While the manga unfortunately can't hold a candle to the books, it's still very enjoyable and cute. My biggest gripe with the manga is the less introspective nature of the narrative, and the lackluster portrayal of the character Yashiro, who is plain out of this world in the novels, and that strangely doesn't translate very well in the manga.

The fact that the novels are finally getting translated is amazing. I can't wait for more people to experience them!

Feel like on missing out on a good read now. At least until its in English XP

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I read this story before... it's a subtext
(Where I finish of read it, there wasn't nothing more than a VERY close friendship)

How many? I ask you HOW many Yuri have I lost to "subtext" or less?!

I'm kidding. Its cool. Friendship stories is good civilization and culture too. But since I only drag myself here for Yuri, I sometimes don't even realize some stories I started are still going because the Yuri tag gets dropped later. Heh.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

It does feel like more than subtext, because they are thinking about each other a LOT. If what CozyCreature12 said is true, i doubt we will see anything romantic in this manga, though.
I'd be okay with it still, because it does give a nice vibe.

I did not buy the rest of the LN (slow reader here) but I could tell they eventually get together It's kinda slow burn yes but it's worth it if you like stories of realization, cute friendship into romance that gradually take place. CozyCreature12 probably read the first manga, but there still another manga adaptation soon to be serialized. I'm going pray they'll cover the rest.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 11:41PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

shojie07 posted:

CozyCreature12 probably read the first manga

CozyCreature12's definition of yuri is extremely arbitrary anyways so take any claims from them that something isn't yuri with a grain of salt. From the definitions of yuri they've given in other threads, even a manga like Girl Friends somehow doesn't count as yuri. Their definition of yuri disqualifies it on grounds Mari dating what's his face to try and get over her feelings for Akko.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

@shojie07
This is the link from twitter https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1104255190620758017?s=21
It will be serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh...

Aw, it's unfortunate that they're switching to a new mangaka, I really liked the character art of the first few volumes. On the other hand, maybe we'll get a bit more interesting paneling and backgrounds now?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I guess this is one of those chill and relaxing manga about cute friends discovering love. those kinds of stories are enjoyable but god, don't they drag on for too long. could someone give me a link for raws of the manga?

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 4:13AM

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

So this is like a manga adaptation from the novel? Then it's weird as hell, first time I've seen a novel being adapted to 4-koma manga.

Kyouko
joined Dec 30, 2017

This is so cute holy shit

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Suddenly this is sci-fi

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I will follow this manga. Mmm. Nice 3 chapters.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

"nagafuji's tone sometimes doesn't match her words, which is odd considering the curve of her breasts"

Um

Ok

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Strong gay energy. Like holy shit.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

... I was not actually expecting a girl in a full on space suit to actually show up. ...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"nagafuji's tone sometimes doesn't match her words, which is odd considering the curve of her breasts"

Um

Ok

I think it's just something being lost in translation due to phrasing. The text version (that is also being uploaded here) says something more akin to "(describes Nagafuji's appearance, including that she has big boobs) Just like the size of her chest, Nagafuji seemed very mature. But sometimes the things she said... were not so much."

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Um

Ok

I think it's just something being lost in translation due to phrasing. The text version (that is also being uploaded here) says something more akin to "(describes Nagafuji's appearance, including that she has big boobs) Just like the size of her chest, Nagafuji seemed very mature. But sometimes the things she said... were not so much."

Unless I missed something, the joke there was just the contrast between the sharp disparity and smooth curve.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I read it as "she LOOKS mature on the outside but says some really immature stuff sometimes" lol

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

Oh shit, it's related to Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. Didn't realize it's the same author. Spacesuit girl yashiro made me realize it. The last name is different from the denpa onna yashiro though.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Ok, this is getting super cute. I'm into it.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Shimamura is such a little tsun lol

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The pace is oddly soothing.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm enjoying the confusion of having absolutely no idea what the space suit plotline could possibly be about.

What's the last panel of page 15 about? It seems like a mean thing to say that's seemingly motivated by no reason and followed by no reaction.

To reply you must either login or sign up.