Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Hot damn thank you Cyan - two in a day is a blessing.

Lots of emotions in these two chapters but really, what is there to say other than that Koguma is going to give Hino a heart attack eventually, especially with that promise at the end. Literal weapons grade cuteness.

I do think it shows once more that Koguma is probably more aware of the romantic implications in both of their actions, even with her body image problems, while Hino is more aware of the more basic sexual (?) / physical nature of their relationship while still being confused about the way forward or the reason for her feelings.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

joined Aug 29, 2019

[snip]

Blursed image.

p.s That blush and 'i'll show you my body one day' and how Hino is all what does that mean? and why am i thinking this stuff really makes it clear to me Hino is mostly clueless- but that I think Koguma is NOT- I think she is aware they might become a couple, or is hoping they will?

Hino's more clueless than Koguma about their feelings. Koguma is mainly held back by being shy right now, I think.

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 8:13AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh my god this is my drug and you're feeding me daily I might die

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

[snip]

Blursed image.

p.s That blush and 'i'll show you my body one day' and how Hino is all what does that mean? and why am i thinking this stuff really makes it clear to me Hino is mostly clueless- but that I think Koguma is NOT- I think she is aware they might become a couple, or is hoping they will?

Hino's more clueless than Koguma about their feelings. Koguma is mainly held back by being shy right now, I think.

Yes, they’ve functionally been an Idiot Couple ever since the shared-umbrella scene at least, even though neither will quite acknowledge it yet. Sometime soon I want to go back and count how many of Koguma’s “Baka!” and disappointed expressions have been motivated by her frustrated romantic impulses—quite a few, as I recall.

Meanwhile, Hino continues to use Koguma’s supposed “kindness” and her self-imposed guilt about her “bullying”/boundary violations to hide her true feelings—and Koguma’s—from herself.

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 9:05AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

That... Was a lot bolder than I expected it to be

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Does it hurt?! WTF?! Did she think she was using a pumice stone instead of a sponge? =p

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

"I'll show it to you one day" YES GO KOGUMA

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

This is literally sustaining me right now

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 9:34AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I think that counts as a confession or something. I’ve changed my mind Hino is the oblivious one and Koguma knows exactly what she wants.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Does it hurt?! WTF?! Did she think she was using a pumice stone instead of a sponge? =p

That line serves mainly just to heighten the overall level of innuendo :D

joined Sep 11, 2019

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Feel-happy chemicals have begun to flow through my brain :)

Blue_izumi_hair_glasses
joined Aug 1, 2020

@runrin Thank you for your hard work. This series is seriously one of the cutest, and I root for our idiot couple every time! <3

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I am deeply grateful for these translations, but I would love to also have the SFX translated--is that Hino flinching or jumping when Koguma first touches her back?

(I know SFX are a lot of redrawing work--maybe in side margin notes or endnotes?)

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Service top Koguma waters my crops and activates my neurons.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I am deeply grateful for these translations, but I would love to also have the SFX translated--is that Hino flinching or jumping when Koguma first touches her back?

(I know SFX are a lot of redrawing work--maybe in side margin notes or endnotes?)

Another option is putting a tiny english sfx next to the japanese ones - a lot less effort! (but i cant blame translators for skipping them).

If you mean the very first sfx she makes on page 3, that is bikuu - used for shock, flinch, suprised jolt, shudder etc- followed by some classic doki doki's in several panels.

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 12:31PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

We just don't do sound effects full stop

It's not my decision, it's Stan's and has been that way since I joined Cyan Steam. There's no changing it unfortunately. I always try to get him to make an exception if I feel like the sfx are important or if it looks like we skipped someone talking because that is even more confusing imo.

Many people saying Hino is oblivious and Kogu is not

I reread the series yesterday. Seems like Kogu has been aware for a while.

In an early chapter she asks herself if Hino has a crush on her but she dismisses it. "Why else would she be doing all this stuff to me?"

In another, after the finds out Hino kissed her head while she was sleeping, she scolds her and says quietly that she wouldn't mind as long as she was awake.

Also, I'm pretty sure Hino is aware too, but maybe not as explicitly.

Rereading the series was quick and fun, and I recommend everybody does is :D

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 1:05PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This is one of those odd times where I'm both elated and crushed by the same panel. Koguma's being really brave and that's great, but she really doesn't need to and it's sad that she feels that way about herself.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Another option is putting a tiny english sfx next to the japanese ones - a lot less effort! (but i cant blame translators for skipping them).

If you mean the very first sfx she makes on page 3, that is bikuu - used for shock, flinch, suprised jolt, shudder etc- followed by some classic doki doki's in several panels.

Thanks--that's what I expected, given what Koguma then says.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Hino is getting thirstier by the chapter .

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

ahaha, Kumako, lol! So Hino, you reap what you sow kekeke

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Right, there was a lot of dizziness after last chapter, after all.

Hino really should have known better after what happened the last time she asked that... Thirst world problems return with a vengeance. :D

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

PLOT TWIST: Koguma is a succubus and was preying on the loner Hino the entire time.

joined Aug 29, 2019

@luinthoron you reiterated just yesterday: Koguma never declines a wish from Hino.
Hino really should get the idea by now :D

Kumakooo... - No, it's me, Hino-san. - That's even better!

Also I really doubt that Hino won't ever ask Koguma to sleep together with her again... or maybe she just won't have to?

To reply you must either login or sign up.