Forum › Yuri Lover-san and Serious Yuri-san discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Eh, I thought it was okay.

This does seem like a scenario that would turn both of them completely mental though

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Eh... Not the worst I've read for sure, but I agree, that was pretty bad honestly, even as a comedy.

The "queer person can't take no for an answer" trope is just bad, and I cringed when she hit got hit with "yurifag."

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

Indifferent.yuyushiki

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Huh... Yuria is a troll

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

I liked...parts of it. I think there's value to the idea, but it needs more care than this.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Mmm yea I think most things I'd say about it have been said already. Did not like it. I would have soured on it as soon as I hit "yurifag" anyway, so it's just as well.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

''Yurifag'' so being homophobe is now considered as 'funny'? One of the worst things I have read in this site in a long time. I wish there was a dislike button for mangas.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 4:21AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Wow. Unexpected level of harshness in the comments today.

Well... It has a little bit for everyone.

• It claims sexual relationships between women don't exist in real life.
  • It openly insults shippers.
  • It has no actual Yuri to speak off in a site about it.
  • It's boke/tsukkomi comedy routine feels off, with both of them being rather unlikeable, and the punchline is lame.

Yep... a little bit for everyone. And REALLY doesn't benefit from the fact it's released so close to "Straight Girl walks into a Lesbian Mixer", which I can't really say it's too good either but it kinda delivered, and people might have expected a similar result.

I feel very sorry for the translators, though, for the negative reception. It's not like they were translating Lemonade or anything like that.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 7:35AM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

• If claims sexual relationships between women don't exist in real life.
  • If openly insults shippers.
  • It's boke/tsukkomi comedy routine feels off, with both of them being rather unlikeable, and the punchline is lame.

Yep... a little bit for everyone. And REALLY doesn't benefit from the fact it's released so close to "Straight Girl walks into a Lesbian Mixer", which I can't really say it's too good either but it kinda delivered, and people might have expected a similar result.

I feel very sorry for the translators, though, for the negative reception. It's not like they were translating Lemonade or anything like that.

Personally I found "Straight Girl walks into a Lesbian Mixer" kinda underwhelming if not even bad, whereas this wasn't so much about yuri but I liked it for its comedy which I found rather hilarious. But I think it's different with anyone - some like it, some don't.
The only problem I have with the comments on this one: just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean the chapter itself is bad.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

• If claims sexual relationships between women don't exist in real life.
  • If openly insults shippers.

Personally I found "Straight Girl walks into a Lesbian Mixer" kinda underwhelming if not even bad, whereas this wasn't so much about yuri but I liked it for its comedy which I found rather hilarious. But I think it's different with anyone - some like it, some don't.
The only problem I have with the comments on this one: just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean the chapter itself is bad.

If they don't like it because they think it's of poor quality than yes it does. That's how opinions work and the subjective quality of a piece of media is a matter of opinion not fact. Just because you like it doesn't mean other people can't think it's bad.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

How is using "yurifag" homophobic though...x-fag usually means shitty fan. The comedy was pretty bad nevertheless.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Meh... typical comedy that goes nowhere and is actually portraying lesbians as dumb.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

How is using "yurifag" homophobic though...x-fag usually means shitty fan. The comedy was pretty bad nevertheless.

Using a codified slur to insult people in a slightly different way from the slur’s “popular” usage still leaves you with fucking bigotry spilling out your mouth.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I like stories where a gay girl converts a straight girl into gayness but if the non-gay girl is making it clear that she's not interested then stop pushing her

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

I think you guys should relax, you're taking this way too seriously.

The_Dumbitch_Horror
6327820.jpg.l_thumbnail
joined Dec 3, 2018

Straight yuri fans are such a bizarre concept to me.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Fact: most yuri fans are males and straight.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, the one thing about this I can get behind is dissing shippers.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Everyone is gunna forget this in a few days/hours from now on anyway.
Enjoy the love and hate while you still can.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

Nope not my taste

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

It's Valentine's and they have no dates, so...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Based on this survey they're a minority on these forums.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well the "Yuri doesn't exist irl" and "You don't count", already turned me off to the whole thing, but I still gave it a chance in case rest is not as bad. Sadly humor was all over the place and jokes got really old really fast, which is impressive, considering it only had 16 pages. I couldn't even get a read of characters' personalities, because they argued about 1 thing entire story, so I have no clue if they are actually likeable or not. Overall I found nothing funny or enjoyable in it.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I felt bad for her, honestly. It was obvious she's barking up the wrong tree, and her pushiness, while bad, read to me as subconscious desperation. Hopefully she can find a girl who will actually return her affections without her even needing to get all clingy.

Cottoncandymom
joined Jul 31, 2015

Not true, the majority of yuri fans are women

To reply you must either login or sign up.