Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I can't take people seriously who use 'yikes', 'folks' or 'y'all'. Is that a twitter trend or something?

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I suppose it depends on what your definition of normal and abnormal are. Is being abnormal bad? Take genetic mutations like heterochromia for example. It’s safe to say that it isn’t normal, but does that mean it’s bad? Only 4.5% of adult Americans identity as lgbt, with over 95% of the country being heterosexual, is it really wrong to say being heterosexual is “the norm”? And then you have to take into consideration how Japanese society values uniformity. I don’t think it’s surprising that Japanese people would have a stronger sense of normalcy. As long as someone doesn’t start equating being abnormal or different as bad or wrong just simply for the fact that it’s different, I think it’s fine.

ah, see, i think it's important to not confuse something being normal with something being common. heterochromia is uncommon, but i would say that it is normal — and the same goes for being gay, bi, pan, etc. etc.

but "is being abnormal bad" is a great question, and one that i hope this series engages with! because often, discussions over what's normal or abnormal are actually about what's good or bad. and i could talk about the material ways in which the assumption that heterosexuality is more 'normal' harms lgbtq+ people, but i'm kinda tired, so i'll just link the wikipedia page on heteronormativity, since it does a good job of explaining it.

Ok, so which sentence makes more sense to you: 1. "I want to live a normal life." 2. "I want to live a common life." You see the problem here? You're also doing this really stupid thing that a lot of stereotypical social justice types do, where they act as if a word always carries it's negative connotations with it, regardless of the context it's used in. Words don't work this way. The meaning of a word is decided by the context it's used in.

joined Feb 3, 2016

i would love to live in a world like that ~

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I can't take people seriously who use 'yikes', 'folks' or 'y'all'. Is that a twitter trend or something?

Folks and yall are southern things as far as I know. Yikes is something morons say when they want to bail out of an argument without admitting defeat, by pretending that the opposition is being so offensive as to want their departure.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

The author of Idol Pretender huh. I'll believe this is genuine, no bullshit yuri when I see it end that way, and not before.

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 2:57PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Hopefully they've perfected the science behind science babies or else their birth rate problem is about to get a bit more urgent.

Or maybe half the girls are trans women, which solves that particular problem.

And seriously, if we're going far enough to conceive a world made up entirely of lesbians, it wouldn't be too big a stretch to change biology so girls can get each other pregnant

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 2:56PM

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

You know what, as a male, I'm fine with this. Maybe I could die and join the world.

Reincarnated to Another World As a Girl Where There Are No Males, and Yuri is the New Normal, and I'm a Yuri Fan so Everyday is Paradise.

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 3:07PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

This reminds me of Strawberry Panic! when Nagisa tries to escape Shizuma in the library. With every corner turned and every girl couple found, there is no escape for Nagisa as her mind just screams "Why is everyone so gay?!" But then Shizuma finds her anyway and Nagisa then is like "And why am I so gay?!".

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 3:20PM

Img_0924
joined Aug 25, 2017

Weird....I had a similar idea for a manga/anime if I ever got skilled enough in drawing. I guess yuri fools think alike then:P

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

YEAH NO BOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I kind of understand why the MC is distressed, tho. Waking up one morning in a world where reality has magically changed into something completely different has to be slightly alarming... even if the new reality is yuri paradise, heh. Marika's reaction of shock and disbelief is, to use her favorite word, very normal.

Also, there's the matter of the vanished male population that has to be addressed. For all we know, it's perfectly possible that Marika had a father she loved. Maybe she also had an older brother, or a younger brother, or friends among her male classmates. There's no way she wouldn't be worried about them. I'm guessing that, in the coming chapters, we'll get a proper explanation. My bet is this: we'll find that, in this new reality, everyone who used to exist as a male will turn out to have always existed as a female. Thus, all of Marika's formerly male relatives and friends are still there -- only they never were boys: they have always been girls since the day they were born. This will save us a lot of angst, as it is infinitely better to find that your father has turned into a beautiful woman than to find he has been erased from existence.

Marika should've taken a better look at her classmates.
Are half of them missing? Or are half of them new faces?
Knowing that would've gone a long way into solving the mystery.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Folks and yall are southern things as far as I know. Yikes is something morons say when they want to bail out of an argument without admitting defeat, by pretending that the opposition is being so offensive as to want their departure.

Some people on social media used all three of them so I thought it was some kind of SJW language. Close enough. :D

Now I'm interested if the boys turn out to be girls, too. But I guess they simply disappeared. I hope they at least have science babies.

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 4:46PM

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

You know what, as a male, I'm fine with this. Maybe I could die and join the world.

Reincarnated to Another World As a Girl Where There Are No Males, and Yuri is the New Normal, and I'm a Yuri Fan so Everyday is Paradise.

Lol that sounds like a legitimate web novel title.

Ah words, what troublesome things they are.
Basically some people here conflate "normal" and "ordinary" with natural. Homosexuality is natural, but not normal or ordinary. That's all there is to it.

That’s a good comparison, I’ll have to remember it.

joined Feb 11, 2014

And seriously, if we're going far enough to conceive a world made up entirely of lesbians, it wouldn't be too big a stretch to change biology so girls can get each other pregnant

As I like to reply whenever the question comes up: Well, you see, when two scissors love each other very much...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The author of Idol Pretender huh. I'll believe this is genuine, no bullshit yuri when I see it end that way, and not before.

That sounds ominous - this author have a rep for pulling shitty 'sudden het outa nowhere endings' from their ass?

If so I'll wait to start reading it till it has finished and I can check up on the end- I can't stand being baited out for months and then hit with that.

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 6:11PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

That sounds ominous - this author have a rep for pulling shitty sudden het outa nowhere endings from their ass?

Idol Pretender is a gender bender, that had the MC fall for his best friend (dude), since apparently being into guys is a part of being a girl (his entire personality started getting rewritten because he turned into a girl).
The het ending didn't come out of nowhere though. You could see it coming pretty easily because of the way the MC started to act around him.

joined Apr 8, 2018

since apparently being into guys is a part of being a girl (his entire personality started getting rewritten because he turned into a girl).

See, this fits with what chiffoncake was saying about the author and what he means with the word "normal".

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 7:21PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

I would be ok with suddenly ceasing to exist if this is the world that my death could create.

Fucken same

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

since apparently being into guys is a part of being a girl (his entire personality started getting rewritten because he turned into a girl).

See, this fits with what chiffoncake was saying about the author and what he means with the word "normal".

Why are people still trying to find some hidden agenda in the word "normal"? Wanting to live a "normal" life is an absurdly common trope in nearly every conceivable genre of storytelling, especially manga. You guys are looking way to hard for issues where there are none.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I kinda wanted to see a Yuri manga about a straight girl, didn't know it would actually happen. lol
But from the looks of it, she'll turn out to be actually lesbian. Not that I'm complaining. xD

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

So the entire world had a 404 huh? Matrix confirmed

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

So the entire world had a 404 huh? Matrix confirmed

Shhh, don't let the machines hear you.

Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

404: Men not found

Thank you Thanos, very cool.

Author: Reality can be whatever I want.

Img_20211010_092550
joined Mar 7, 2017

Poor Marika, so confused. Yesterday she was having her 'normal life' and now she is living in YuriParadise all too confused with no one explaining to her what happened. No worries Marika a girl will come up to ya and explain to you(and the rest of us readers) what happen and make you fall for them along the way. (Or Marika and another confused girl can be confused together and trying to 'find' their normal but ended up fallin together and just living in this world together... the end)

joined Nov 9, 2017

So much for constructive conversation.

Ah, the combative method of debate, always something that promises to enlighten.

As always you have to have everything given to you on a silver plate and catered to you. There is no room for compromise. I bet you didn't even understood what i was talking about in your close-minded homonormative head. You're doing exactly the same thing you accuse other people of doing and being wrong.

Whereas harassing people who don't want to have hypercomplex discussion about being rejected by society is encouraging the free exchange of ideas, as usual! ^_^ (I'm sure the fact I'm not gonna have a forty page argument about it means you're already correct, though, so feel free to just antagonize people who are willing to talk to you instead, I guess?)

homonormative

Oh! This is trolling! Well, have fun with that nonsense then. Still uninterested, but I'm less worried the forums here are infested with shitbros or something. (They tend to make these shitty statements, but of course I can't know if you're one. I hope not, but I can't know, and hence am not commenting on that matter.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.