Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Gee, there sure were an awful lot of non-gender-specific pronouns this chapter.

Last chapter as well, and I did consider the possibility of her having a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend for a bit, but considering her reaction to all the yuri in this world and insistence on "normal", it's most likely it still is a boy.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

You know what would be funny? It's if the "boy" that Marika is dating turns out to be a girl who simply looks so androgynously handsome that Marika has been fooled about her sex, a la Boyish Girlfriend by Kawai Rou (posted on this very site). Bonus points if that's the only "boy" that Marika ever felt attracted to, thereby solidifying her sexual orientation as being "gay as fuck".

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

I'm 100000000000% sure that the "boy" that Marika's dating in another world is "Kazami" LOL

last edited at Mar 14, 2019 2:10PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I'm 100000000000% sure that the "boy" that Marika's dating in another world is "Kazami" LOL

...So, hands up. Who ELSE hasn't bothered to read any of the discussions here?

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Why would she search for her partner upon arriving in the yuritopia if she encountered her a few hours earlier at school? You'd think Marika would've talked to Lily at the infirmary if she was involved with her in her original world.

last edited at Mar 14, 2019 4:01PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

This thread is cursed with theories that just make very little sense ^^;

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

At least readers are intellectually involved, even if most theories are pretty bad.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And almost all of them are about Marika's dating partner. Does really nobody aside from me care about Kazami's side of things? I think that part is way more interesting and important in the recent chapter.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

And almost all of them are about Marika's dating partner. Does really nobody aside from me care about Kazami's side of things? I think that part is way more interesting and important in the recent chapter.

Seconded. The flasback girl especially... Marika as a child? Lily as a child? Someone else entirely? The hair color reminds me of Lily, but considering it's stylized; maybe the hair is meant to be originally black, like Marika's.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I know I will probably catch flak for this, but if you genetically modify women, so they can impregnate each other, wouldn't they technically be hermaphrodites, and not females. Does this story even count as a yuri?

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

This makes me think there must be hidden skeletons in Marika's closet...

Silly you~
She's the only one in that closet~ (✿◡‿◡)

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

This makes me think there must be hidden skeletons in Marika's closet...

Silly you~
She's the only one in that closet~ (✿◡‿◡)

But she just has to say the word, and Lily will come cuddle with her inside, away from the rest of the world's view.

I know I will probably catch flak for this, but if you genetically modify women, so they can impregnate each other, wouldn't they technically be hermaphrodites, and not females. Does this story even count as a yuri?

I'm thinking it's something more along the lines of assisted, medically-controlled reproduction; artificially making a human egg (as in the first stage of a human after conception) by putting the mothers' genes together. That would naturally result in XX (so female if all works well, and considering this would need to be medically assisted, it probably would) babies being the only ones able to be concieved, making it so that no male or (probably) intersex children would appear.

I'm pretty sure such a thing was envisioned by the most radical feminists, the first wave in our world being more or less when men became a scarcity in the yuritopia. Maybe with more support from mainstream feminism and the approval of a doomed patriarchy, that would've been a thing a century ago like this manga imagines; or at least, I'm pretty sure research would've been made towards that.

last edited at Mar 14, 2019 11:41PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Doesn't this mean the Marika originally from the yuri world is in the world with boys?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Seconded. The flasback girl especially... Marika as a child? Lily as a child? Someone else entirely? The hair color reminds me of Lily, but considering it's stylized; maybe the hair is meant to be originally black, like Marika's.

Well as I said a little farther above, I believe that is indeed childhood Marika and Kazami was in love with her back then. Hence her strong interest in dating her now, but with a hint of regret (probably because she knows her feelings are for the other one).

iPS cells. Google it.

Doesn't this mean the Marika originally from the yuri world is in the world with boys?

That is a theory many have suggested here. She can't have just up and vanished after all.
I think the only alternative is that normal!Marika possessed yuri!Marika's body somehow.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm thinking it's something more along the lines of assisted, medically-controlled reproduction; artificially making a human egg (as in the first stage of a human after conception) by putting the mothers' genes together.

Huhuhu, it's the method Sakurako from "A Room For Two" plans to use. Remember:

Kasumi buys the wrong charm... maybe?
Sakurako is actually a-ok with it!

(And to think some people pretend that Kasumi/Sakurako is not really a thing... lol.)

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I'm thinking it's something more along the lines of assisted, medically-controlled reproduction; artificially making a human egg (as in the first stage of a human after conception) by putting the mothers' genes together.

(And to think some people pretend that Kasumi/Sakurako is not really a thing... lol.)

You convinced me to catch up faster on this series. Thank you.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Kasumi and Sakurako, judging by the zero importance of males in their lives, could very well be living in the world of All of Humanity is Yuri. Actually, if it wasn't for the occasional male relative, their world WOULD be the world of All of Humanity is Yuri! 乁(✿ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)و

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Anyway, people need to pay more attention to Kazami's side of things. I am almost 100% convinced that Kazami was in love with Marika's yuri!world counterpart. Apparently around the time they were kids at least. She didn't seem to know her well enough to be still close, but she must have loved her at some point. So this is why she so desperately wants to date her and find out more about her. The way she said "A version of you exists in this world." already had me contemplating this, but now its all but confirmed.

Kazami did say "you have always remained the same person I've been watching this whole time", which at first seems like a figure of speech, but maybe she really has been watching "her" Marika pretty closely. If it's true, though, it doesn't seem to be fully conscious, since she continues to be confused by how she feels about the "new" Marika.

Yes, I got the impression that she was still totally aware of yuri!Marika, but not very close. Something must have happened that separated them.
It's good that she is confused about her feelings for normal!Marika, because she isn't "her" version. I would prefer if she hesitates to jump on her too easily.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 3:31AM

joined Jan 26, 2019

I can't wait for chapter 32.99999

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

the mystery deepens...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I can't wait for chapter 32.99999

Thankfully, they've started specifying how the next chapter labelled will be. Aside from any potential intermission pages, chapter 3 wraps up in the 3rd part (should have the TL for that soonish).

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Yay! The couple from Ch1.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

She is amusingly clueless. lol

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Okay, so she's gonna try and make up with Lily... that's fine... but...

WHAT ABOUT HER YURIWORLD SELF? WHAT DID SHE FIND OUT???

I want to know what kind of person she was! What's with this cliffhanger? Argh!!!

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

So, she is just making the "camoflague" worser, isn't she?
Great chapter. Mmm

To reply you must either login or sign up.