Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Emm... When she says "I have someone I'm dating in the other world", she meant "In (MY OWN) world" (a BF, probably), or "In (THIS NEW) other world" (You, Kazami)... Or is just my terrible english?

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Y'all are acting as if Marika dating a boy was the yuri's demise. I understand you'd lose faith in the author easily after Trainwreck Pretender, but the series advertises itself as yuri. The "gender doesn't matter" thing, which the author admittedly completely disrespected, wasn't nearly as clear as how this new story is selling itself. It says "Yuri x SF", dangit! "A girl fell in love with another girl"! It's a yuri series until proven otherwise!

Emm... When she says "I have someone I'm dating in the other world", she meant "In (MY OWN) world" (a BF, probably), or "In (THIS NEW) other world" (You, Kazami)... Or is just my terrible english?

Yes yes, in her home world. She's talking to Lily when she says that, so it's extremely likely she was talking about her original world. I doubt Lily would react like that if Marika was talking about their "camouflage", too. ~

last edited at Feb 25, 2019 11:42PM

Screen%20shot%202018-11-26%20at%202.00.09%20am
joined Nov 21, 2018

I didn't realize until after looking at the raws (here's the link https://comic.pixiv.net/viewer/stories/52579), but the very last panel of page 11 shows Uruuno turning away from Kazami, and pages 12-13 (which are originally one big picture in the raws) show her facing away from Kazami. It's almost like Uruuno is lying and therefore trying to hide her face.

Also, remember that dream Uruuno had of almost kissing Kazami back in chapter 2.1? Well, putting these two instances together made me think that maybe Uruuno is trying to keep Kazami at a distance to prevent anything like what happened in her dream from coming true, hence her saying she had someone she was dating. Not necessarily because she doesn't have any feelings for Kazami, but because two girls together is still an unfamiliar or odd concept to her.

But this is all just my theory. You never know.

last edited at Feb 26, 2019 2:49AM

joined Aug 19, 2012

... You know, from this thread and other ones on this site, I get the feeling that a lot of people frequenting this site have a thing against non-yuri stories in general. Is that right?

I mean, I get the complaints about this author's other work ending with a non-yuri relationship after spending the vast majority of its storyline giving the strong impression that it's going to end with a yuri relationship, and that's really shitty. But holding a big enough grudge that you'd never read another story by the author just because they might pull the same bait-and-switch ending again, even if the work has a unique/interesting premise? At least my hatred for Ken Akamatsu is over how severely he mishandled the way Negima's story concluded (both the actual plot and the harem subplot), his horrific flanderization of several characters in the much-reviled Sports Festival arc (Haruna and Yuuna are the biggest offenders), and then shitting all over what was good about Negima with the "sequel" that is UQ Holder.

I just hate bait and switch.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oh shit, that's actually a twist. Nice reaction face, Kazami.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Oof

joined Apr 30, 2014

$5 says it's the male version of Kazami-san

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

$5 says it's the male version of Kazami-san

As established, there's no male version of Kazami-san in Marika's world. Could still be that world's version of Kazami tho

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I always love it in media when someone is all, "No matter what, you can't let anyone find out about [blank]!" and then proceeds to discuss it at length in a very public place.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I just caught up on this and Kazami's disgust.jpg face lmfaooooooooo

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I just caught up on this and Kazami's disgust.jpg face lmfaooooooooo

Yeah, the look on her face was something else. It looked like she had bitten into a cockroach or something.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Every chapter updated with fixed versions.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Omg that last page, Kazamiiiiii

That twist though, I was not expecting that. Gotta be a bf not a gf though, otherwise her reaction would've been different when she entered the girls only world

So how's this gonna go down hmmm, even if the boyfs a douchebag it's not like they can break up while she's here

joined Mar 12, 2014

I didn't realize until after looking at the raws (here's the link https://comic.pixiv.net/viewer/stories/52579), but the very last panel of page 11 shows Uruuno turning away from Kazami, and pages 12-13 (which are originally one big picture in the raws) show her facing away from Kazami. It's almost like Uruuno is lying and therefore trying to hide her face.

Also, remember that dream Uruuno had of almost kissing Kazami back in chapter 2.1? Well, putting these two instances together made me think that maybe Uruuno is trying to keep Kazami at a distance to prevent anything like what happened in her dream from coming true, hence her saying she had someone she was dating. Not necessarily because she doesn't have any feelings for Kazami, but because two girls together is still an unfamiliar or odd concept to her.

But this is all just my theory. You never know.

Oh damn I would be annoyed if she made it up. If she did I reckon she would say it to make Kazami ok about pretend dating her, like "don't worry now it's definitely not for real because I'm already dating someone"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Sad trombone

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That twist though, I was not expecting that. Gotta be a bf not a gf though, otherwise her reaction would've been different when she entered the girls only world

So how's this gonna go down hmmm, even if the boyfs a douchebag it's not like they can break up while she's here

To think theres a girl who have never seen a boy before who sudenly wakes Up with a BF

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

To think theres a girl who have never seen a boy before who sudenly wakes Up with a BF

"Is it Cosplay Day or something...?"

Flcl_2_by_eric91932
joined Aug 7, 2015

There just one thing that bother me. Since there are only girls in their world, do they have to say which gender the person they are mentioning ?

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if there are different gender identities, or if everyone really identifies as a woman. Like, sure, they all are of the female sex, but that shouldn't guarantee they all feel comfortable as women, unless this is really that kind of monotonous universe? You would think they might even have potentially more ways of identifying than we have in the real world.
Considering how quickly the author swept under the rug all males getting wiped out fairly recently in the 1920's (?), I doubt it will be explored thoughtfully. It would be more interesting, but this story is coming across as more non-serious, basic, and with stereotypical depictions of girls/women, so I don't expect it to. It just feels obviously aimed at guys who want to see teen girls kiss and blush first, plot second.

I'll check it out again at the end of the year to see where it's headed out of curiosity, but it isn't to my taste at all so far (not unexpected). Hopefully it will do something good and unique in the meantime.

It's been a hundred years since the male gender and it's related psychological archetype was erased from humanity. That's actually a VERY long time. Long enough that pretty much every single living person alive in their world today has never known a world where men existed. There is no living memory of the male gender, rather just second hand information learned from books. Given this it is very unlikely that the people of their current day world would even have much of a concept of what men or masculinity were like and certainly not a full enough working concept of it for somebody to identify intimately with what is now a non-existent gender archetype.

There would likely still be females that would act and think in a manner that our world would consider masculine by our standards, but in their world the idea of masculinity itself is just a faded second hand ghost of a memory. There simply would no longer be another gender to identify with. It would all just be shades of femininity. In fact the idea of femininity itself would likely die out as well eventually since it is now just all shades of being human. It's a bit like imagining how long the concept of light and dark would continue to exist if everyone in the world was permanently blinded on the genetic level.

Hm. You make a really good point. I do disagree in that I don't really feel that 100 years is necessarily a long time, but for most of the population, it's almost ancient history. I was picturing grandmothers a few decades ago remembering their fathers/uncles/grandfathers/etc. But I guess, at least for young women, it's truly not applicable considering I doubt people really passed on tales of masculine expression lol.

Damn d00d. I wasn't thinking I'd get a response and forgot to check, so I'm sorry about the late reply! This stuff is really cool to think about.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hm. You make a really good point. I do disagree in that I don't really feel that 100 years is necessarily a long time, but for most of the population, it's almost ancient history. I was picturing grandmothers a few decades ago remembering their fathers/uncles/grandfathers/etc. But I guess, at least for young women, it's truly not applicable considering I doubt people really passed on tales of masculine expression lol.

Damn d00d. I wasn't thinking I'd get a response and forgot to check, so I'm sorry about the late reply! This stuff is really cool to think about.

Recall that as per the history class conveniently covering the topic the same day Marika isekai'd the male sex was completely extinct by 1920; in circa 2019 someone who was a newborn baby at that point would be hitting a full hundred - and anyone who actually witnessed a still-living, breathing male while old enough to actually remember it with any clarity will be about a decade older.
Not gonna find too many 110-odd year olds whose recollection of their childhood is still worth a shit, that's for sure...

Moreover since the virus just screwed over birth-sex distribution rather than killing off those with XY chromosomes (ie. male extinction happened through total inability to replace deaths rather than massive "die-offs" a la the Black Death) that timeframe means that for the last males to have perished of natural causes by 1920 the virus had to have achieved global coverage by the early 1800s, ie. around the Napoleonic Wars or shortly after.

This also means that Lily's summary of the worldline histories being "mostly the same, but with many minute differences" is utter nonsense.

The demographic impact would have been very noticeable by the mid-1800s at the latest and entire world history would be dramatically different; by the turn of the century global population would have been well under half of what it was in our world - not only were several generations of men simply never born in the first place, but there was an terribly acute and rapidly worsening shortage of males to sire any children at all. (It's unclear when exactly the technological breakthrough allowing female-female procreation was achieved but it probably wasn't a "mature" science before the Thirties or Forties; IRL serious study of genetics was still taking its first baby steps around that time.)
The societal and economical effects of this staggering demographic deficit are difficult to overstate, but one important spin-off divergence is that the great "Wars To End All Wars" of the early 20th century, and the demons they let loose, could not have happened for the simple enough reason nobody had the necessary resource and population bases to wage them. Hell, it's rather unlikely the vertiginous expansion of the colonial empires in the second half of the "Long Nineteenth Century" happened either since the would-be imperial powers had rather more pressing problems at home. (On the upside despite the hit the economy would've taken from shortages of labour and consumers there would've been far fewer people consuming resources so objective scarcity was likely rather less.)
Plus I reckon staring species extinction in the face rather distracted folks from such pursuits.
OTOH that's also the sort of stressor that pushes individual people and entire societies alike into raving lunacy - ought to be a safe bet that some truly bizarre and disturbing doomsday cultism and related was only too common around the turn of the century. And with wholesale extinction breathing down their necks I doubt the scientists desperately searching for some, any solution much cared for the niceties of medical ethics...
Probably a period of history those who lived through it would really rather not reminiscence too much about, all things considered.

Anyway the summa summarum is that some of the most important dynamics, processes and events after about 1800 that created the world as we know it cannot have happened in this timeline. The divergences are too dramatic and go too far back for it to be anything but radically different from ours - though admittedly much of that will be on a scale and scope entirely irrelevant to Marika's immediate and very personal problem of being stranded in the wrong reality.

Oh, and random food for thought: if the virus that excised male H. sapiens sapiens from this timeline is still around - endemic but harmless in the population for ex - then there's a very real possibility Marika is now a carrier, or will be by the time she might find the means to return... and the other Marika she swapped places with probably already introduced it to her timeline.
...this is the work of that one fucking Yuri Fairy again isn't it? >:C

And this concludes tonight's installment of Overthinking Fiction With random-sensei.

last edited at Feb 28, 2019 6:02PM

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

^I like it when people over think things.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The longest chapter 2 in history

Seriously though, this is getting ridiculous xD

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

That was an interesting page.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Well that was... a page

joined Mar 12, 2014

That intermission was... something I guess

last edited at Mar 2, 2019 4:23AM

Picsart_05-15-11.56.08%20(2)
joined Jun 17, 2018

♡♡This manga is so cute♡♡

last edited at Mar 2, 2019 4:37AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.