Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Wow little bro-ster is apparently way more perceptive than expected. This honestly just makes me more interested in what yuri!Marika was like, because the differences between the two were noticable enough for the sibling.

I also like that Marika actually skipped a beat when Kazami smiled. I guess what she did that was considered so abnormal was kiss a girl or something. The rejection and lack of understanding from her surroundings is a pretty good reason to close your heart and act like you have to be normal. That's actually the most standard lesbian in denial situation in the book.

First I didn't say It's totally unfeasible. I said it would be a logistical nightmare. Not to mention the moral and ethical of putting reproduction in the hands of institutions. Do you want the same people, sitting on AIDS medication, while the deisease runs rampant in Africa, in charge your reproductive ability.

As for the my argument about straight women, dating, and marriage. Your right sex wouldn't go away. It just wouldn't be needed for reproduction, neither would the pair bond. Women would be free to raise their children anyway the feel comfortable. Some might pair up. Some might group together, some might go it alone. With the sudden lose of men, society would go through rapid evolution, like life does after a mass extinction event.

Your conspiracy theories aside, if the choice is extinction or the government controlling birth. Guess what I would choose? It's not even up for debate. In the worst case scenario those who refuse will simply have to go. There are no pleasantries at the collapse of society.

Again, just because the bonds aren't needed anymore for reproduction doesnt mean human nature changes abruptly. Humans are made to have partners and generally monogamous relationships. The only thing that changes is who these needs are directed towards. Do I think its impossible for communities of free groups unbound by marriage or solid relationships to exist? Of course not, even in our current world there are places who attempt this. Its just not something you can project on all of humanity.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 3:12AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Dun dun dun

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

They made an exposition about the faceless bf at the beginning of chapter 3 and by the end of the chapter she's already decided to break up with him. And not to brag, but I totally called it

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Something I did"... something like, kissing another girl maybe?

And that "badump", yep... she's totally into girls but doesn't know it yet.

and yandere Imouto incoming.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 6:05AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Americans are big at keeping the government out of our personal lives even if It's for our own good. (Just ask the anti-vaxxers). So putting the government in charge would not work at least not here.

Good thing this takes place in Japan, then.

"Something I did"... something like, kissing another girl maybe?

Very much assuming something like this, yes. If not outright kissing, then at the very least showing interest in a girl in some way.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Actually, I wonder if both Marikas swapped world.

If both Marikas were "abnormal" in their respective setting, it could mean the missing Marika was straight in a yuri world.

Not that she had a choice. What could have been the trigger of them swapping? Hope we will get a reasonable explanation.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

What could have been the trigger of them swapping? Hope we will get a reasonable explanation.

I hope not. It can only be something silly ^^;

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If both Marikas were "abnormal" in their respective setting, it could mean the missing Marika was straight in a yuri world.

Not that she had a choice. What could have been the trigger of them swapping? Hope we will get a reasonable explanation.

I was considering the same thing actually. All the little evidence across the board implies that yuri!Marika wasn't "normal" and never had a girlfriend etc. Kazami's memory of her might also play a role there.

This yuri!Marika apparently liked occult stuff and sci-fi books according to the bookshelf in her room, so maybe she did some weird ritual or the like. It's hardly going to be reasonable haha

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I just hope it won't be swept under the rug, like "it just happened".

An occult ceremony, a compassionate kami, truck-kun, a quantum slide or whatever will do. I don't like loose ends.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Americans are big at keeping the government out of our personal lives even if It's for our own good. (Just ask the anti-vaxxers). So putting the government in charge would not work at least not here.

That'd pretty much amount to near extinction of US Americans then (necessary reminder that you're hardly the only occupants of those two continents), unless the running costs of the tech and the associated infrastructure could be pushed WAY down within the fairly narrow window between its invention and too many women passing the primary fertile age.
Which isn't bloody likely.

Somehow I suspect most people are going to be pretty receptive to heavy-duty governement interventionism if the alternative is not having children period...

Also, kindly do not blithely prescribe present-day valuesets to the wildly and dramatically different circumstances of the relevant period in this alternate history. (Hell, IRL too mores of the time were pretty different from today's.) We're talking about a world that had within living memory undergone a far more profound social, cultural and economic shock than the freaking Black Death which traumatised European societies for centuries.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 7:34AM

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

"La la la la, I can't hear you"

That's pretty childish, Lily... I like you even more now-

joined Jan 26, 2019

The oblivious crush unintentionally messing with the heart of the person who has a crush on her is something I will never get tired of

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

And just like that, bam, you gay.

And also just like that, bam, little sister is yandere.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I think is about time I jump off before it starts to go ugly. I had the feeling the series was going to be a disappointment but choose to give it a couple of chapters first, that last one though, the final red flag I needed. Remember the title when the ending is on sight, people.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think is about time I jump off before it starts to go ugly. I had the feeling the series was going to be a disappointment but choose to give it a couple of chapters first, that last one though, the final red flag I needed. Remember the title when the ending is on sight, people.

Ooooookay? The last chapter was kind of the opposite though? If you had said this in the chapter where she revealed she was dating someone in the other world, fine. But in this one Marika actually says that her thinking of what is normal never really was true. Its even implied that she only dates that person out of obligation to her normal status. And the reason she thinks she has to be "normal" is that she did something people thought was abnormal. The real life metaphor escapes my mind right now....

Unless you are suggesting that littile bro/sister is going to finish her off before she can realize that she is gay. Kind of a sudden end. Very bold.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 1:54PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I was considering the same thing actually. All the little evidence across the board implies that yuri!Marika wasn't "normal" and never had a girlfriend etc. Kazami's memory of her might also play a role there.

This yuri!Marika apparently liked occult stuff and sci-fi books according to the bookshelf in her room, so maybe she did some weird ritual or the like. It's hardly going to be reasonable haha

I can see two mutually exclusive twists. 1, It's been implied, I think that Kazami was interested in her world's Yurika before she swapped, and seized on this opportunity to date her. So maybe at the end, Marika has to swap back with her other self, sad farewell, but she finds out that her Kazami is also into her back home. 2) The Yuriworld Marika was straight, and did something to try and get to a world that has boys. Meanwhile Marika Prime is actually gay, but was trying to conform because of a past trauma, so at the end they stay swapped..

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wow little bro-ster is apparently way more perceptive than expected. This honestly just makes me more interested in what yuri!Marika was like, because the differences between the two were noticable enough for the sibling.

I also like that Marika actually skipped a beat when Kazami smiled. I guess what she did that was considered so abnormal was kiss a girl or something. The rejection and lack of understanding from her surroundings is a pretty good reason to close your heart and act like you have to be normal. That's actually the most standard lesbian in denial situation in the book.

First I didn't say It's totally unfeasible. I said it would be a logistical nightmare. Not to mention the moral and ethical of putting reproduction in the hands of institutions. Do you want the same people, sitting on AIDS medication, while the deisease runs rampant in Africa, in charge your reproductive ability.

As for the my argument about straight women, dating, and marriage. Your right sex wouldn't go away. It just wouldn't be needed for reproduction, neither would the pair bond. Women would be free to raise their children anyway the feel comfortable. Some might pair up. Some might group together, some might go it alone. With the sudden lose of men, society would go through rapid evolution, like life does after a mass extinction event.

Your conspiracy theories aside, if the choice is extinction or the government controlling birth. Guess what I would choose? It's not even up for debate. In the worst case scenario those who refuse will simply have to go. There are no pleasantries at the collapse of society.

Again, just because the bonds aren't needed anymore for reproduction doesnt mean human nature changes abruptly. Humans are made to have partners and generally monogamous relationships. The only thing that changes is who these needs are directed towards. Do I think its impossible for communities of free groups unbound by marriage or solid relationships to exist? Of course not, even in our current world there are places who attempt this. Its just not something you can project on all of humanity.

(Sigh) I stand by what I said. And I don't think they are conspiracy theories. Money corrupts, and people will use it to give their kids a leg up. Just ask the people involved in that college admissions scandel. I think a lot of people would have a problem of having a third party involed in their ablity to have babies.

With men gone, and sex divorced from reproduction, who knows what form the family unit would take. It's a given there would still be love, and the need for emotional, and physical connections, but other that your guess is as good as good as mine. The only thing I know for sure is it wouldn't stay exactly the same.

Remember, alternative family units, like sister wives, and communes, are rarities, partly because It's against social norms, and conventions. Take those away, and alteritve options, might become more common place.

Look while I completely belive all of my aguments, the truth is, I just don't like the idea of removing sex from reproduction. It takes the magic out of love and dating for me. It's just the way I feel.

Chito%20&%20yuuri%20sleep
joined Aug 13, 2017

coming back into this thread against my better judgement to say that wow, they actually did it!! and even went as far as saying that there is no such thing as "normal"!!! i'm surprised and glad

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

(Sigh) I stand by what I said. And I don't think they are conspiracy theories. Money corrupts, and people will use it to give their kids a leg up. Just ask the people involved in that college admissions scandel. I think a lot of people would have a problem of having a third party involed in their ablity to have babies.
Look while I completely belive all of my aguments, the truth is, I just don't like the idea of removing sex from reproduction. It takes the magic out of love and dating for me. It's just the way I feel.

You can stick to your arguments, just accept that you would be the first to go extinct with that mindset.

Yes I am quite aware of your strange mindset when you were unable to separate romance from sex. You've proven that resoundingly when you didn't get that asexuals can have real romantic relationships before. Needless to say, your perspective on what's "magical" is not exactly inclusive or realistic.
I guess you aren't even aware that you just said lesbians cannot enjoy love or dating according to your feeling, huh? Guess what, homosexual couples cannot reproduce, so sex is always disconnected from reproduction for them...

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 5:10PM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well we don't know how their multiverse works exactly. It could simply be a world close enough to our own to make jumping possible or easier. There could be many, many possibilities for a world where men died out, and this one just happens to be very similar to the one we inhabit.

I'm not talking about quantum mechanics, I'm talking about storytelling. Sure, if all possible worlds exist, there exists one that started out differently than our own, then converged to resemble ours because men died out.

But then there's the possibility of an author who wanted "a world just like ours only no men" without thinking any further about it. And I know where I'd put my money.

Of course. Honestly even though I quoted you directly, it was directed more widely at the people who had previously talked about how the world not changing that much from our reality was unlikely. I merely used your post as an opportunity to bring that up, which may or may not have been the best way to go about it.

For the record I don't consider headcanons or the likes when I read something, I very much subscribe to authorial intent. And don't even like infinite/near-infinite multiverses. So yeah, I would totally put my money on the author wanting a world with only girls but close enough from our own that it wouldn't be too much of an effort to write.
I couldn't vow for the author not thinking much further about the matter though, especially considering it's the kind of detail they could add in midway through without creating any inconsistency, and some writers do tend to think deeper about their story and such details as they write.

As things stand right now the sci-fi stuff has been mentioned enough to feel like some thought has been put into it, but not enough to know how much exactly. Only thing I can say with certainty is we haven't seen the last of it. It could turn out to be the shallowest thing to ever grace the isekai genre like it could be Qualia's second coming once (if) it gets going.
Really, most of what we have to base our assumptions on is the author's track record, which is... One of the most infuriating works on the reader. And wouldn't exactly make anyone confident, granted. I'm just pointing out the possibilities.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Yandere imouto?!

Was it ever established that the MC's sister goes to the same school as her?

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 9:09PM

BambiLovesYuri
Screen%20shot%202018-11-26%20at%202.00.09%20am
joined Nov 21, 2018

Yandere imouto?!

Was it ever established that the MC's sister goes to the same school as her?

Considering the difference in uniform, I'd assume she doesn't. So, she's either an extremely curious girl, or it's as you said (and what I hope) and she's a yandere.

joined Sep 1, 2017

You can stick to your arguments, just accept that you would be the first to go extinct with that mindset.

Yes I am quite aware of your strange mindset when you were unable to separate romance from sex. You've proven that resoundingly when you didn't get that asexuals can have real romantic relationships before. Needless to say, your perspective on what's "magical" is not exactly inclusive or realistic.
I guess you aren't even aware that you just said lesbians cannot enjoy love or dating according to your feeling, huh? Guess what, homosexual couples cannot reproduce, so sex is always disconnected from reproduction for them...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! That romance without sex argument, again! Love without sexual desire is platonic. Love with sexual desire is romantic. I don't know what is so strange about words meaning what they mean. STOP CALLING IT STRANGE! It's like calling me strange because I keep insisting we call the furry, four legged animals, that bark, and pee on fire hydrants, dogs, and not cats. The sky is blue! Water is wet! And, love without sexual desire is platonic!

(pant.... pant.... pant....) Okay, I think I got it out of my system. Back to our regularly scheduled debate. in the real world iPC cell tech will be a god send to many people, not just homosexual couples, I'm on board. As long as we can keep greed, bureaucracy, and the religious right's noodlely appendages out of it. In a story where all men are gone....

You know what. This whole thing is pointless. I give up. We have no way, of knowing what the hell would happen, if a gender just vanished from the earth. Would the world turn into a cyberpunk style dystopia, where we all have to sell our souls, to our corporate masters, just for one viable egg? Or would we live in hippie like communes, raising our children as one big village, forming transient bonds of love and sex, as we want, and need. Or would we live, as this story suggests, just as we live now, only with one gender fulfilling, both genders' traditional roles? Or would something totally unpredictable happen? One option we failed to even consider.

With that final thought. I'm out.

Edit: At this point gay couples, have no choice, but to have children through nonsexual means, involving complete strangers, in their private affairs. However, I'm sure, given the choice they would prefer to create, their children through more intimate means. An act of love between two loving partners. Who knows one day, couples, might be able to go into a drug store, buy a home iPC cell kit, and conceive their children in the privacy of their bedroom. I would find that pretty romantic actually. (See that's the right way to use the word romantic. )

last edited at Mar 26, 2019 3:16AM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Love without sexual desire is platonic. Love with sexual desire is romantic.

Both are romantic, one just happens to be platonic as well. These aren't mutually exclusive.

You're pretty much insisting that we don't call yorkshires dogs because they aren't doggy enough for you, there, if you want to use that kind of metaphor.

last edited at Mar 26, 2019 3:06AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Love without sexual desire is platonic. Love with sexual desire is romantic.

Both are romantic, one just happens to be platonic as well. These aren't mutually exclusive.

What's wrong with just using words, to mean what they mean. Love comes in so many forms. Too many to have a definition for each. So we break it down into two catchall categorys. Love with sexual desire, and love without. I think people hear platonic, and they think mom, dad, little sis, and bro. but platonic love can just as intense and intimate as any romantic love. You just don't desire them sexually. (Note people who aren't physically able to have sexual intercourse, still can be in a romantic relationship, as long as the desire is there. However, if it's not, love is love as long as everybody involved is happy.)

You're pretty much insisting that we don't call yorkshires dogs because they aren't doggy enough for you, there, if you want to use that kind of metaphor.

Come on, give me a break okay. it was the only things I could think of to definitely differentiate dogs frome cats, off the top of my head. I was going to use "chew our slippers", but my friend's cat did that too.

last edited at Mar 26, 2019 3:53AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.