Forum › Lily Marble discussion

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Aya's mom is the real MVP here.

I wish Risa hadn't forgiven Aya so easily.

700th comment. Okay.

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 8:35AM

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

I wish there was an “MVP mom” tag or something so I could just read all the chapters with awesome supportive moms lol... I came out to my mom after I broke up with my ex and her supporting me was one of the best feelings ever... I know it doesn’t work out for everyone, but here’s a shoutout to all supportive parents everywhere! It really means a lot to your LGBTQ+ kids to be loved unconditionally

Blye_Flamsteed
Evavatar
joined May 8, 2018

I wish there was an “MVP mom” tag or something so I could just read all the chapters with awesome supportive moms lol... I came out to my mom after I broke up with my ex and her supporting me was one of the best feelings ever... I know it doesn’t work out for everyone, but here’s a shoutout to all supportive parents everywhere! It really means a lot to your LGBTQ+ kids to be loved unconditionally

I agree, it such a nice feeling seeing supportive parents even on manga.
Personally, my mom didn't accept my coming out at first (I understand she was in shock). Nevertheless she ended up accepting it and even was very caring when my ex girlfriend broke up with me

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

A win! Yayyyyy!

Also, her mom's great lol

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hush. Let them (and the readers) be happy.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

For now... >:)

3818_1775681535988481_4988113658273068935_n
joined Jun 15, 2016

I go swoon whenever i read manga where the parents pretty chill about their child's sexual orientation. Mom's wink tho!

And omg Risa!!!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

You... you... you bird of ill omen! ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

WHOLESOME

Sans%20titre
joined Feb 8, 2014

Yes. YES. Another victory for the lesbians!!
It makes me so happy to see positive portrayals of parents when they learn their child is gay

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

bit rushed because it certainly feels their relationship could be explored more than superficially, but 13-page chapters can only make you care so much, it really kills any sort of mood you could possibly build-up

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

You... you... you bird of ill omen! ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

All right then. Let's have the white witches cleanse this curse.

Images
joined Apr 22, 2013

Risa has a period, right?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol good observation. Guess we have to assume this chapter happened at least 7 days after their fight

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

Lol good observation. Guess we have to assume this chapter happened at least 7 days after their fight

So you can't have sex when you're menstruating? She might not be in pain anymore, so nothing wrong with that. I do it with my girlfriend all the time.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So you can't have sex when you're menstruating? She might not be in pain anymore, so nothing wrong with that. I do it with my girlfriend all the time.

Yeah I guess some people do it. We can't really know what happened here for sure, but some days did pass, because Aya wears different clothes when she's looking at the pictures on her own, and then when she's with her mom.
Personally I'd like to think it was more than a week, but whatever floats your boat.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I dont know, I'm actually happy but not really.
The drama was kind of rushed and Risa deserves better but yeah she's in love so whatever!
meh

joined Jul 26, 2016

and Risa deserves better

Y'all keep repeating this without even a hint as to what that "better" would or should be...

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Argh, my sugar levels just spiked

joined Dec 3, 2018

and Risa deserves better

Y'all keep repeating this without even a hint as to what that "better" would or should be...

How about someone who doesn't throw her away like trash to marry a man because of what she believes her parents might think and only to crawl back after the man leaves her. Literal trash that doesn't deserve to come back to open arms.

But good thing her mother gave her permission to be gay instead of making the decision herself.

last edited at Apr 15, 2020 8:42PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

and Risa deserves better

How about someone who doesn't throw her away like trash to marry a man because of what she believes her parents might think and only to crawl back after the man leaves her. Literal trash that doesn't deserve to come back to open arms.

But good thing her mother gave her permission to be gay instead of making the decision herself.

Uh-huh.

joined Dec 9, 2014

and Risa deserves better

I think you don't remember the story correctly.
She didn't throw her away like trash. We can see she was crying when she said they should break up.
She didn't crawl back to her when that man left her. It was Risa who was trying to get with her again after learning Aya divorced, and Aya was even trying to block these attempts. And we don't even know why that man left her, so it is very possible that he realized Aya didn't love him.
She was honest and wasn't trying to drag her along whenever it was convenient for her, aka staying married(yes that man left her but she could find someone else) but also mess around with Risa at the same time and use her for sex.
She didn't get permission from her mom. She came out on her own when she could have lied. If she didn't plan on choosing Risa, she wouldn't admit to her mom they were dating.
The fact that her mom was accepting just made her happy and easier to go back to Risa.

But idk, some people just see the fact that Aya broke up with Risa to marry a man, and they don't really care about any type of context after that.

joined Dec 3, 2018

But idk, some people just see the fact that Aya broke up with Risa to marry a man, and they don't really care about any type of context after that.

Yeah, because these facts dont seem to register with people like you.

First, we cant see her crying. Risa only said that Aya was crying, her tears werent worthy of the ink. Second, she threw her away like trash breaking up the way she did.

Yes, she did come crawling back to work at the same exact place as Risa. Despite denying Risas attempts to get back together Aya still slept with her over and over again. Aya dragged Risa along and used her for sex while denying Risa the relationship she actually wanted.

She absolutely got permission from her mother. She even asks about her father and her mother tells her she will deal with that. She would have never started dating Risa again without her mothers approval.

Aya is a weak tool of a character and not one that deserves to have the reader rooting for her. But luckily for her Risa was written as a pushover obsessed with an ex who treated her like trash.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Do you only read stories that you hate? Because you only ever comment to complain about story or insult other people.

And I know it won't mean much to someone as close-minded as you, but social pressure can do a lot to a person, especially in Asian countries which are so anti-individual.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Do you only read stories that you hate? Because you only ever comment to complain about story or insult other people.

And I know it won't mean much to someone as close-minded as you, but social pressure can do a lot to a person, especially in Asian countries which are so anti-individual.

Yes, I only comment on stories I dislike because criticisms drive more of a discussion than boring "Oh how cute uwu" shit. Its easier to rant than it is to gush. And I only comment on the trash that really grinds my gears.

And I was really feeling that social pressure when Ayas mother told her to live her life how she wants to when she was visiting her father in the hospital and then Aya treated Risa like a nuisance instead until Risa finally snapped.

last edited at Apr 16, 2020 6:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.