Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Bruh I forgot who she is

joined Aug 21, 2017

So there's a pretty good chance that Nanaki's encounter will raise a scene and alert Kurokawa, right? Fun fun fun.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Lmao at Nanaki getting accidentally friendzoned.

Honestly I'm counting this as progress, even with the "great friends" line. For one, Kurokawa going into a mostly-unprompted rant about how amazing Nanaki is, along with the latter's reaction to her praise, was cute. Then there was Nanaki slowly realizing that she's not satisfied with just being Kurokawa's friend. Another thing is that she's hearing just how big of a inferiority complex Kurokawa has towards her, even with them being as close as they are. I forgot if Kurokawa's ever talked directly about that with her, but considering Nanaki's reaction here it definitely looks like this is the first she's ever heard of it.

Finally, just look at Kurokawa's face when she says "She's a great friend.". I don't know about anyone else, but that expression definitely screams "I have more-than-platonic feelings for this girl", even if Kurokawa doesn't realize it herself yet.

Also, it does seem like Akio isn't actually interested in Kurokawa and just wanted someone to geek out with. I mean yeah he's blushing and stuttering in the second half of the chapter but that only started when he started talking about that manga, and he does seem genuinely interested in talking about the manga over anything else.

Kurokawa: Sorry, I let my otaku side out while gushin bout the girl I like.
Iroha and Akio: Otaku side?
Nanaki: wtf I'm her bestfriend?
Izumi: ◠‿◠

Is that what we're callin it now?
Gotta say I loved seeing Akio and Kurokawa geeking out, that shit was adorable and so was Izumi, been meanin to say, but she looks way happier and softer now that she's over her unrequited love, and I'm soo happy for her. Bro I'm so soft for her now, get her a gf NOW, Iroha what are you waitin for. And it's good that Nanaki now knows that Kurokawa thinks she is unreachable, now she can help her and they maybe realize their feelingsss for eachotherrr.

I sure do love slow burns, thanks for the chapter.

Sidenote: I just realized I've been sayin Nanaki's name wrong the entire time and probably spellin it wrong too.

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 3:01AM by

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Norainhere posted:

Lmao at Nanaki getting accidentally friendzoned.

Honestly I'm counting this as progress, even with the "great friends" line. For one, Kurokawa going into a mostly-unprompted rant about how amazing Nanaki is, along with the latter's reaction to her praise, was cute. Then there was Nanaki slowly realizing that she's not satisfied with just being Kurokawa's friend. Another thing is that she's hearing just how big of a inferiority complex Kurokawa has towards her, even with them being as close as they are. I forgot if Kurokawa's ever talked directly about that with her, but considering Nanaki's reaction here it definitely looks like this is the first she's ever heard of it.

Finally, just look at Kurokawa's face when she says "She's a great friend.". I don't know about anyone else, but that expression definitely screams "I have more-than-platonic feelings for this girl", even if Kurokawa doesn't realize it herself yet.

Also, it does seem like Akio isn't actually interested in Kurokawa and just wanted someone to geek out with. I mean yeah he's blushing and stuttering in the second half of the chapter but that only started when he started talking about that manga, and he does seem genuinely interested in talking about the manga over anything else.

I agree with everything but the last part. He blushes because he thought she predicted he wanted to confess. The manga seemed like a distraction.

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I really had to get out of my seat after that "She's a great friend !" line. I felt disoriented and I don't even know what to say. I love this series but ack I question why I even read it anymore. The slow burns are KILLING ME.

I personally enjoy slow burns. I like when the girls are discovering the fact that they're attracted to other girls instead of it just happening with no real build-up. Though I also like it when they become a couple quickly as long as it's handled well.

I do too like slow burn pairings and such (Miyoshk and Ayano for example) I've just seen that type of friend zone line so many times before to the point where I was just like "Ah shi- here we go again." y'kmow? XD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

We thought we'd get the usual jealousy trope, and to an extent we did, but then it was nicely twisted into showing Fujishiro the complexes Kurokawa still has to overcome to properly stand on her side instead.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I agree with everything but the last part. He blushes because he thought she predicted he wanted to confess. The manga seemed like a distraction.

Yeah, actually, rereading the chapter I think you’re right. I still don’t really consider him a threat though considering how Kurokawa still seems utterly uninteresting at even the possibility of dating him. Hopefully Ajiichi doesn’t go for another love triangle.

joined Feb 21, 2019

ya, there is pretty much nothing to suggest that Kaede would ever date this dude, even if he confessed to her. She pretty much dismisses it when "date" was brought up, and this chapter alone shows her feelings/emotions are towards Nanaki

this is just the yuri manga trope of "old friend suddenly shows up, has interest in MC" that is used for progress or push the main couple forward. It's extremely rare that said friend ends up dating the MC, especially being a dude in a yuri manga and this also being fluff by Ajiichi

can only hope the bad part of the trope isn't used here: the whole misunderstanding and can't talk bs for drama, ugh I hate that part -_-

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 6:21AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The way I see it at least, it's hurtfully obvious that Kurokawa knows she's in love with Fujishiro, but is too cought up in her own inferiority complex, thinking herself as too low to be with Fujishiro in that way, but only as a friend.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

The only thing bothering me is how loud were they talking that the stalking group were able to hear them?

joined Jul 23, 2017

Who was that girl at the end? Is that one of Fujishiro's ex friend

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dear Fujishiro,

You feel uneasy because you are a lesbian in love.

Your friend,

Blastaar

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 7:18AM

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Can't believe I've read this for 2 years

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Yep, here she is https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch13_5

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The only thing bothering me is how loud were they talking that the stalking group were able to hear them?

Doesn't take much to be heard at the table right next to yours, and Kurokawa did get rather excited, especially when talking about Fujishiro (...and about manga, of course).

joined Mar 19, 2020

Can't believe I've read this for 2 years

Oh god has it really been that long? But ya that makes sense.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Yep, here she is https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch13_5

Thanks! I don't have to post my question or search through chapters to figure out which one she was now...

It's really too bad that Fujishiro couldn't see Kuro's face when she was talking about her. If she had, she'd HOPEFULLY realize that there's more than friendship in those feelings she has.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

it's hurtfully obvious that Kurokawa knows she's in love with Fujishiro

Yeah, that's a very interesting part of their development that I want to see more. Like get ire scenes with Kurokawa acting conscious about her liking for Fujishiro, and Fujishiro getting angsty.

Also wish this manga updated more often

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 12:29PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

"She's a great friend"

oof.

joined Jan 3, 2020

The Seven Seas Entertainment title for this series is "Failed Princesses", which I feel makes substantially less sense.

Re1lvpg-_400x400
joined Mar 13, 2013

Slow burn is great!!! Also great pain waiting for another month Y Y

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Neat-o.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Huhuhu.
Kurokawa the Princess Worshipper is alive and kicking.

The girl who idolized princesses. Who was the biggest princess otaku ever. Who didn't mind being insulted or bullied by princess-like girls. Who was willing to let 'em have all the good things in life, like the lead role in a school play, simply because that's their rightful lot.

You people had forgotten all about her.

But Ajiichi did not forget.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

(Ch. 27)

But Ajiichi did not forget.

Ajichi pulled a sneaky on us.

I’m really glad you made this comment, because I didn’t realize how deep and specific this distortion of self-worth is. Like she’s specifically twisted around whether she can have the things she wants vs. whether “princesses” get them.

This makes me especially worried about the implications of Fujishiro taking the friends comment as “I don’t see her as someone who can be more.”

Kurokawa is coming from the angle of, “girls like me don’t deserve to be with girls like her.” If Fujishiro responds to this through distancing herself, or closing off opportunities for them to get closer, it’s going to reinforce this framework and push them even farther apart. I can already forsee a, “oh you should just go with this otaku guy that likes you, haha.” which would not only be destructive to Kurokawa by seeming like an external confirmation of the class difference between them, but she also prob wouldn’t fight back against it because she already sees it as a law of the world, a confirmation of her belief that she couldn’t get with Fujishiro.

To reply you must either login or sign up.